Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Ocean Enclaves
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. [contest] Design a Battle Set!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote        

Ever had an awesome weapon idea for the battle system? No? Yes? Well, either way, this is the contest for you! We're tasking the Midorean community with coming up with an entirely new set of Battle items! Continue reading to find out what the theme is and the rules.

Prizes!

For each design you enter, you will received 300 silver. The three winning designs will be turned into real Battle Items that will be used in the Battle System!

First place: Fallen Deity Armor, 25g, 5,000s, their weapon, Summer 2013 Event Item Set
Second Place: Nightshade Assassin, 15g, 3,000s, their weapon, Summer 2013 Event Item Set
Third Place: Faerie Dragon Archery Set, 10g, 2,000s, their weapon, Summer 2013 Event Item Set

Honorable Mentions: 1,000s
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
Theme

The theme of this contest is: Elemental Weapons. And not just the default 4 elements - Fire, Earth, Water and Wind - but the entire lineup of elements Midorea has! And trust me, there are quite a few! (14 to be exact!)

Here is the lineup of elements, showing their strengths and weaknesses.

Simply take this theme, and design an Weapon(or several) that you'd like to see in the battle system. It can be a Sword, Axe, Spell, Staff, Dagger, Gun, Potion, you name it! As long as it can be used offensively in the Battle System, it counts.

Rules
  • You are allowed to enter up to 10 times.
  • The entry must be related to the theme.
  • Make sure your entry follows the Midorea rules.
  • By entering, you give Midorea the right to user your entry on the site.
  • Contest ends August 31st, so make sure to get your entries in by then!

How to Enter

Fill out the form below and post it in this thread.

Code:
[size=24][b][color=chocolate]I want to enter![/color][/b][/size]
Username:
Weapon's Name:
Image:
Description:
Stats: (optional)

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:50 am Reply with quote        
Entries

Username: Juneberry
Weapon's Name: Dark Destroyer (Battle Hammer)
Image: Click for Lazy Drawing
Description: A weightless hammer that has a dark aura. Causes damage to foes using it's aura rather than actual physical attacks. (if this is even possible)
Stats:

Username: Saygen40
Weapon's Name: Super Saiyan Volleyball
Image:
Element: Energy
Description: Just when you thought it was defeated, Super Sayan Volleyball returns more powerful than ever!
Stats: Over 9,000 for everything!

Weapon's Name: A Complete Breakfast
Image: Click Here!
Description: Breakfast is the best way to boost your energy, or so they claim...So eat this and feel better and energetic! (Helps HP and mildly helps stats) Bacon Element.
Stats:

Weapon's Name: Poisonous Lily
Image: Clicky!
Description: A seemingly normal lily that spouts poison from its bloom. Possibly found in other colors. (Originally based off my wish to make a spider lily based item, but...I can't draw those well in paint yet x-o)

Username:Angelic.Demon
Weapon's Name: Golden Pickaxe
Image:

Description: A golden pickaxe for all your miner fantasies.
Stats: Element is Sexy, if you didn't catch that ;D
For level 18 and up

Username: StandingandRunning
Weapon's Name: Unusually Heavy Blade
Image: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/217/b/3/unusually_heavy_by_chere_and_rose-d6gudu0.png
Description: This blade is heavy, unusually heavy! It's power in battle is amazing, if you're able to pick it up and wield it.
Stats: Metal Element. Power: 42

Username: Kimi_Delaetus
Weapon's Name: Kamikaze Kunai
Image: http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm268/purplexeyed/kunai.png?t=1375750216
Description: It was created due to a hapless magic student and is impossible to use 'properly', as it changes elemental alignment as it pleases. There is no discernible pattern to it, so it can do more harm than good. Care to try your luck?
Stats:

Weapon's Name: Juneberry Wand
Image:
Description: A wand fashioned from the branch of a blossoming Juneberry plant. It's berries are refreshing and can restore your energy! Or you can just whack your enemies with it.
Stats: Earth Element. power:9

Weapon's Name: Useless Textbook
Image:
Description: That textbook that you never really needed in that class yet you lug it around everywhere you go. It's just a bit too large and heavy and has a strange stain on the cover.
Stats: Dark Element. +10 defense cos you can use it to block your enemy's attack.

Username: Pikmin
Weapon's Name: Mike & Amp
Image: Link
Description: The mike is the actual weapon, and would be in left/right hand, amp would be front and/or back layers, and it'd be like a set.
Stats: (optional) I think it would be a spell rather than a weapon, wind, maybe... 5 - 8 damage?

Username: urboros
Weapon's Name: fish sword
Image: http://i43.tinypic.com/3rk13.jpg
Description: a fish you smack monsters with, humilating them with the stench of the drad fish sword
Stats: defiantly water
probably a low leveled weapon

Weapon's Name: Icythe
Description: Someone spent months in a freezing cold room, chipping away at a block of ice to create this sculpture.. And you're going to use it as a weapon?! Shame on you...
Stats: Ice element, high damage, low durability.

Weapon's Name: Torch Scimitar
Image: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/Saygen40/82a3f6e0-df71-4f45-803b-533c7f54a1eb_zps1b6c312d.jpg
Description: A scimitar...with some flames.

Weapon's Name: Zena's Dagger
Image: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/Saygen40/a6b9a0af-7a53-429c-bf84-8de20c364981_zpsc6cf3005.jpg
Description: A curiously shaped dagger. I wonder where you store this?

Username: neomattlac
Weapon's Name: Simple triangle
Image:
Description: A random triangle left laying around. Seems easy to throw... or block... or imagine new uses for...

Weapon's Name: Center of Attention
Image:
Description: Being the center of attention can be great, so long as you're sexy.

Weapon's Name: Squid
Image:
Description: You can throw this at your opponent and get it to stick to their face... or somewhere else... Hopefully this doesn't lead to anything too unfortunate.

Username: Neomattlac
Weapon's Name: Catghost
Image:
Description: An awfully nice guardian (or admin) who seems to really just wants to see you happy, chase mice, lay around and trip you wherever you walk.

Username: Eboneye
Weapon's Name: Harp of life
Image:
Description: Once played this weapon will destroy the enemy by draining them of life and mana while giving it to its master.
Stats: Energy element, Dex [20], Int [20], Wis [20] This may be considered a bard weapon...but if a persons Intel is high enough, they can use it to.

Weapon's Name: Ice Branch
Description: This branch may look normal from far away, but it's actually from an Ice Tree. It glows with the kind of magic used to create beautiful things... You're just going to hit things with it, aren't you? You're terrible...
Stats: Ice damage... Dunno about stats o-o

Username: Crispy Bacon
Weapon's Name: Breezy Bow (I am bad at names ಠ_ಠ)
Image: HARRO
Description: A lightweight tinted bow with decorative curls and ribbons. If anyone asks, any arrows you shoot are entirely skill. (I am also bad at descriptions ಠ_ಠ)
Stats: Wind element.

Weapon's Name: Florabow
Description: We're not sure why an earth dragon chose to enchant this crossbow with flowers... Maybe they're medicinal, or poisonous? Or maybe they're good camouflage? Or maybe they just really really like flowers...
Stats: Earth damage, dunno about specifics.

Username: Sly
Weapon's Name: Poison Fog
Image: Hold your breath.
Description: A swirling fog, with grasping tendrils of the deadliest variety. How long can your enemy hold their breath?
Stats: Element: Poison; I'm bad at this kind of thing, but I imagine this item is stronger magically.

Weapon's Name: Shroud of Darkness
Image: I can't see!
Description: An ancient shroud found in the darkest recesses of the land. Legend says that this shroud grants the wearer the protection of darkness, even in the brightest hour.
Stats: Element: Darkness; Likely has a high protection value.

Weapon's Name: Poison Lipstick
Image: Right Here!
Description: A simple tube of lipstick. Imbued with poison. Pucker up and give your enemies a big ol' kiss.
Stats: Element: Poison; ??; Neutral

Weapon's Name: Guiding Light
Image: Muah!
Description: A Holy item to help brighten your path.
Stats: Element: Holy; ??; Holy.

Weapon's Name: Bacon Blaster
Image: Pew-pew.
Description: It's exactly what it sounds like. A gun. Made of bacon.
Stats: Element: Bacon; strong attack and defense; Neutral.

Weapon's Name: Beam of Light
Image: THWACK!
Description: "Beam of Light" is quite literal here. Thwack some enemies upside the head with a heavy beam...made of light.
Stats: Element: Light; ??

Weapon's Name: Dry Ice
Image: Fss.
Description: A hunk of dry ice. Works as an ice weapon and probably a pretty effective smokescreen. xD;
Stats: Element: Ice; ??

Weapon's Name: Distracting Panties
Image: *Wolf-whistle*
Description: A sexy pair of panties. Oh my, where did those come from!?
Stats: Element; Sexy; Primarily a defensive weapon.

Weapon's Name: Might of the Mountain
Image: BAM!
Description: A mighty fist with the smashing power of thousands of rocks!
Stats: Element: Earth; Obviously more offensive, though I imagine it has quite good defensive potential, as well. xD;

Weapon's Name: Hammer of the Gods
Image: BOOM!
Description: A mighty metal hammer, left behind by a mysterious ancient deity.
Stats: Element: Metal;??

Username: Scarlet Silverfire
Weapon's Name: Sacred sword of the celestial dragons
Entry: http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?p=488759#488759

Weapon's Name: Pretty Bag (that's all I got)
Image: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/Saygen40/DecievinglyPainfulBag_zpsd1acd39a.jpg
Description: A pretty bag...until it hits you in the head. You don't know what's inside, but it's heavy, sharp, and painful.

Username: Lexi Luthor
Weapon's Name: Stiletto
Weapon's Element: SEXY
Image:
Description: Five inches is gonna cause much more than 'Just a flesh wound'.
Stats:

Username: realAniram
Weapon's Name: Baby Burnt Bacon Ballista
Image:
Description: Somebody put the burnt bacon to good use by turning it into this handheld weapon.
Stats: Bacon/Alliterative element, power 8.

Weapon's Name: Familiar
Image: http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176/Saygen40/familiar_zpsab91dc4c.jpg
Description: A demon said to accompany a witch, of the friend you get after reaching a certain level in Gauntlet Legends, the Familiar takes on many animal forms to help you fight.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote        
Reserved.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
Open!

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote        
Can I describe the items like with the monsters, or do I need to draw it? And if so, how big of an image is preferred? o3o

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
This is an art contest, so yes, we require images. Smile And any size is fine, as long as it gets the idea across.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Siyue

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Ideas are popping into my head! Happy -runs off to Paint-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
Well that's helpful Happy Thanks! By the way, can spells have an item that's wearable? -curious-

EDIT: A couple of entries for now. Don't mine lameness while I restart my computer. AGAIN. ;-;

I want to enter!
Weapon's Name: Dark Destroyer (Battle Hammer)
Image: Click for Lazy Drawing
Description: A weightless hammer that has a dark aura. Causes damage to foes using it's aura rather than actual physical attacks. (if this is even possible)
Stats:

I want to enter!
Weapon's Name: Bacon Blast
Image: Click For Lazy Drawing
Description: An armada of magical bacon is thrown at the enemy to do damage.
Stats:

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote        
I want to enter!
Weapon's Name: Super Saiyan Volleyball
Image:
Element: Energy
Description: Just when you thought it was defeated, Super Sayan Volleyball returns more powerful than ever!
Stats: Over 9,000 for everything!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote        
Say, I'm dying. Like seriously dying xD but that's a neat idea you had. Use items already here for inspiration or image help o3o

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'm not a very serious person. XD
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote        
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

I don't know whether to high-five you for the references or slap you for trying to make my arch nemesis return... I have two hands though, so I guess I'll do both.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
Chu, which of us are you talking about? Though I'm only guessing Say.

And Say: ...Look at my monster ideas. LOOK AT THEM. Do you think I'm really all that serious either? xD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote        
Say. xP I don't think anyone hates Volleyballs more than me. Have you all seen their new description?

Also, we already have a bacon blast. It's called Blast of Bacon. Check the magic shop. :]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next