Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Battlegrounds
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks to Weaseldale, we were able to update to our class system. Rather than bore you with the details, I’ll simply outline all of the branches available with our system. But first, I want to talk about old characters.

If you had a character prior to this update, it will still function in the battle system, but certain stats like health and magic will not be accurate to what they should be. In other words, even though all of the classes were updated, your character won’t reflect those updates unless you re-create it. If you are not attached to your character, I recommend deleting it and creating a new one so that you can experience the new system to the fullest. However, if you are attached, you can continue to use your character with no problems. You will be able to battle and upgrade your class just like anyone else.

We now have 7 branches of classes available to use. For each class you can earn one promotion at level 10 and one at level 20. Here is an outline of the promotions.

HERE ARE THE STAT REQUIREMENTS

We hope that you all enjoy this update. Our goal was to make classes more balanced, so if you think that imbalances still exist, please tell us here. Thank you!

Jandi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:58 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for that table, it's helpful!
Though, I have a question about the promotions? Shouldn't I be able to promote 2 times? Or am I just overlooking something entirely? haha. xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote        
You're stat's are probably not high enough to get to the second promotion, since your Intelligence, constitution and wisdom are pretty low for a level 31 c:
(Dear god how did you get 51 strength oh my god xD)

::Shop::
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote        
I can't answer a lot of questions about classes because that part was covered by Weaseldale. Here is a table that lists required stats for all classes and promotions. If you all think that something needs to be changed, please post your feedback here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AixT_uFz5vZ1dHR2RmpvakMxX1dXZHltdlZ2T0JWU0E#gid=0

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm Reply with quote        
So if I continue on with my old character from the previous battle system, a promotion won't update HP and MP to would they should be for the new battle system? Going from Paladin to Knight won't change my stats?

Starting back at square one with a new character is kinda depressing. Sad
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
The class project wasn't mine, so unfortunately, I have limited knowledge on the mechanics of that part of the battle system. I've never even promoted a class before.

I know that promotions and class changes will work the same way that they have before. So, if promotion your class or changing it changed your HP and other stats, then it will still do that. If promotions/class changes didn't change your stats before, then they still won't. Hopefully someone who has more experience with that than I do can give you a better answer.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
So I just promoted myself from Paladin to Knight...

I am level 26 so I kinda flew past the level 20 I could have promoted myself at (unless that level to reach Knight changed with the battle system update).

My stats started (at the numbers below) as a Paladin and remained the same after promoting to a Knight.

This makes sense because the new benefits don't kick in until your next level up, according to this.

The above image shows the new advancements gained for me from the new battle system. Don't know if these are better or worse advancements than the old battle system.

So, trying to determine if it would be worth it depends on a couple things:
1. Are the stat advancements gained after each level following promotions better or worse than they were before?

2. Should my stats be higher or lower compared to the old battle system?

Understandably, this is probably hard to determine too since I leveled up to a Knight 6 levels past the time I could have leveled up at 20. I wasted all that time I could have been receiving extra promotion benefits. I also leveled from Monk to Paladin about 10 levels past when I could have (because I rolled an awful dexterity).
Based on this I probably should be higher in HP, MP, Health, and Armour Class if I'd have played the game a little smarter off the get-go in the old battle system.

3. Is there enough of a difference that I should make a new character?

Gonna send this to Weasel too in case she doesn't see this.
Jandi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote        
Edit: Well, I bought the needed stat level-ups to get myself up to a Warrior. The only thing that sucks is needed 35,000 experience to level up at this point... Damn. xD

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
Jandi wrote:
Edit: Well, I bought the needed stat level-ups to get myself up to a Warrior. The only thing that sucks is needed 35,000 experience to level up at this point... Damn. xD

Oh, I feel you there. I'm at 46k and only gonna go up from here ><

But yes, if you have any questions or issues with the classes, feel free to PM me.

And I'm working on my reply now, Saygen ^^; I'll PM you and copy the response here for any others who have similar inquiries.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Jandi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote        
I have something to look forward too! Haha xD But I guess we still make out in the end. Happy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
Also, for anyone who didn't notice: in the chart Chu linked, at the bottom there is a tab to the old system's requirements and advancements as well for those who wish to compare them quickly. C:

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
Here is my reply to Saygen for anyone who would like the answers. Sorry if anything is confusing at all, and once again feel free to PM about anything class related!
Quote:
Firstly, the biggest thing I see right off the bat with your question is that, for your level, your strength is not very high. As a physical class, strength determines the damage you hit for, and thus it's usually the most important class to level as high as you can. The low strength is probably the only reason I could see to remake your character completely, though.

You are correct in that the new benefits don't kick in until level up; the promotion just means that from this point forward you will receive higher benefits.

As for the advancements, for the Knight class they are vastly improved from the old system, where knights got 8 HP, 4 MP, and 5 AC. However, the monk and paladin advancements are very close to what they were in the old system. Monks get a little less HP and MP than in the old system, and Paladins get more MP and AC than in the old system.

As for whether your stats should be higher... well, in part I already answered that, but it is always possible to pay to upgrade your strength if you would rather do that. However, many of the new monsters make up for the fact that they hit harder by having far less health. While Chu has not tackled all the monsters and levels yet, I believe there are plans to edit those at higher levels in the future as well. Because of this, your strength might not be as much of a handicap at your level as it would have been in the old system. (As a side note, strength isn't too important with the level 20+ monsters, most of which haven't been edited yet, anyways because they have so much health and often hit hard enough that they aren't worth fighting)
Therefore, while I personally would want a much higher strength at level 26 than you have, I am a product of the old system and it might not be as necessary in the new one. In the end this should be a choice you make based on your experience with the monsters you fight now.

As for your HP/MP/AC, even if you had upgraded your paladin to a knight at level 20, in the old system it would have earned the same amount of HP per level. The MP does not affect you much as you are not a magic based class. Your AC is the only thing significantly lower because of the old system, but even then it's not a large difference because you were a monk for so long. While you would undoubtedly have higher in these areas if you had been more conscious of things when you first started and been able to promote to Paladin at level 10, that is a fairly common thing to happen when you first create your character.

While I don't think your character needs to be recreated to make good use of the batsys, I think it would be worth it to you. As you said, you didn't know much about the system when you first started, and if you were to remake your character with good stats from level one, especially strength and dexterity if you plan on being a Knight again, you might find leveling easier, and assuming you promoted to higher tiers when they first become available you would have 238 Health, 138 Magic, and 106 Armor at level 26, as opposed to your current 163/92/72.

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote        
Could someone make a post explaning the various class advantages? I started off making a Mage because that is my usual 'go to' class. I found that he could still use weapons and armor. I switched to pan handler when I discovered they could upgrade to something called an Uberninja. Since the panhandler initial stats are so low I figured they must have some great special ability as they advanced or other advantage. But I am uncertain what any class can do at higher levels.

Can all classes use spells? Can all classes use every weapon and armor? Do any classes have abilities that can only be used by that class? What are the actual differences other that stat requirements?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not the best person to answer this.

Weapon restrictions can be seen by clicking on the thumbnails either in the shops or in your inventory. There really isn't a general rule for them.

Hopefully someone will explain the pros and cons of each class.

Strix Varia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:

Weapon restrictions can be seen by clicking on the thumbnails either in the shops or in your inventory.

You mean the little sword icons in the upper right corner of the main item box? I did read that but for some reason on my computer it only shows the item name. It doesn't show any restrictions or requirements either in the shop or in my inventory list? I did try right and left clicking as well as reloading the game several times. I do not know if it is just a glitch with the system I am using or something else.