Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:14 pm Reply with quote        
For those of you yet to hear, BBC posted this video to their website announcing that on August 4th (eventful day) the identity of the new Doctor will be revealed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01dlmj4

May the Whovians gather and gossip.

Beware, there will likely be spoilers in here!
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote        
Ooh, I'm curious now. :O Have been for awhile, actually. I love Doctor Who...I'll really miss Matt Smith, but I'm excited to see who the new guy will be!~ Weeeee
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote        
I have a feeling the new guy will be a little non traditional, but not drastically different. No gender switching. May be of mixed ethnicity? Hmm, we'll see.

It would be great if it was David Tennant again! Weeeee I'd take him back any day!
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:38 am Reply with quote        
Hmm, interesting thought...yeah, I'm good with non-traditional, although no gender switching. I'm sorry, but The Doctor needs to be male. Neutral I'm just...used to it. xD;

Amen to the David Tennant thing though. He is MARVELOUS as The Doctor and so pretty.~ Oh Mai Unfortunately, I don't see that as likely, but it will NOT stop me from fantasizing. xD; Don't get me wrong, I liked Matt Smith's Doctor, but David Tennant was just...askdskfodl. Words cannot describe how much I love that man. Ah-hahaha.~ Sweat

Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:48 am Reply with quote        
Gender switching would disrupt the fandom of high school/college aged female groupies without boyfriends. That's a very big group. lol

Tennant is so deceivingly handsome. Had I not known he was The Doctor, I wouldn't find him attractive at all. That role is better than men with puppies and guitars. Also, he is quite a bit older than me, but I'd still let him father my children. XD
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh! I didn't know it comes out tomorrow! Now I'm super excited <3

Also, I'd love a gender switch, and I'm part of teh fandom of high school/college aged females without boyfriends. But I do just tend towards girls. So that may be sort of why I don't quite fit in that category. But, Tennant is cute. Even I can admit that. I have to admit, though I started at Smith and mostly saw him, I was a bit more interested by Tennant. That, and Donna is just epic. <3

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
This belongs in The Arts, so I'm moving it. :]

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:03 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, that makes sense I guess. Thanks Chu x3

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, sorry. Didn't quite know where to put this so I stashed it in the Anything forum.

I think a gender switch would work if the actress was a lot older. Having her as young would be too similar to the usual companions - unless the companions change drastically as well. Someone like Meryl Streep (but not) would work for me, but I'm still biased and would rather have a guy I can crush over shamelessly.

I honestly thought they were going to make the man presented in the season finally the next Doctor, so now I'm really confused as to what his role will be.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote        
I thought so to, but as was stated in the episode, he didn't keep the promise that makes the Doctor 'the Doctor', y'know? So it is plausible he's more of an antagonist...But yet not. He might be the next doctor. It's hard to say. :/

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah. I'm curious if they might end up disregarding the movie where the 8th Doctor was presented which supposedly told the story of the Time War. Make this new man the 8th Doctor who was in the war. That would be pretty cool, actually, and it would explain why the 11th was so frightened when he saw the man in the last episode.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote        
Oooh, that's a good idea! I didn't see the movie myself, but based on what you've said is plenty for me to love the idea in general! Great concept <3

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote        
They've been alluring to the Time War in every season too, so it would make sense for them to finally tell it's story in more detail! I think this might actually be it! Super excited now! Happy
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:42 pm Reply with quote        
I would love to learn more about the war- it really has played a major part, after all. Ugh, I'm too excited now! >w<

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote        
I can hardly wait for the Christmas special too. Sounds bad, but I'm curious what the reason will be for why the Doctor has to regenerate. Or maybe they'll kill him off in the Easter special?