Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
realAniram

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
My fall semester is starting August 21st. I'm actually really weirdly excited for fall semester! It'll be my first serious real college experience. I'm only going to be taking 13 credits, but it'll be a lot for the bum I am since it's been years since I've taken on that much at once. I'm just working towards an associates of science right now though. All five of my classes are in person ones; I've tried online before and cannot do it. I'm not old enough for online to be viewed as a tool for serious work and can't find a school mentality for it in the midst of the fun. xD;;

I kind of miss the days when I would wander around in my chainmail bikini...
Kail_Thander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:16 pm Reply with quote        
Fall Semester starts the 26th. Ew. I'm not that excited but, I think once it starts it will be good for me. I'm taking 18 credits this semester. I feel a little overwhelmed. I have to take 18 in order to graduate on time and one of my classes is paired with a lab. I just hope most of my professors are nice. I'll be glad to see my friends again.
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote        
I move in on the 27th.

Dude.

Cannot tell if I'm terrified or excited.

Probably both.

Zillah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote        
Best of luck, Chu! I think you can do it! Online classes are difficult because they require a lot of self-motivation. You have to really work to avoid falling behind. And labs can be a lot of work too, but you'll pull through. Smile What are you majoring in?

My senior year of college begins in two weeks! And it looks like I am finally going to be taking a full semester of nothing but math classes. o3o One of them is a core class that I've kind of put off because it sounds like it's all computation, but the other three should be more theory-based, so I am excited.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
I will be taking some college classes this fall as well. I kind of like how our college does classes. They are open Lab classes. There are no set class times but you do need to go into the classroom to do the work. The instructor has an office in the classroom and stays there most of the day helping and guiding the students as they need it. It gives you a lot of freedom about when and how long you want to study and is very schedule friendly. At the same time you are still expected go to school regularly so the work isn't as easy to forget and let slide as online courses.

In any case, good luck Chu. I hope that in addition to good scores, you learn what you want to learn from the class Cool
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote        
Blehh. I finished ordering all of my textbooks earlier today. Goodbye, money. Q_Q

Peril

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote        
@Strix Varia: All your classes are open labs? That is pretty cool! What are you studying?

@Chu: Ugh, textbooks are so expensive. Mine actually don't look bad this semester with an average of 100 dollars per class. My first years were really the worst. All the textbooks for the core classes are 200 dollars or more. x_x

Peril is also Zillah.
YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote        
Oh god, textbooks >< I'm going on the 23rd, and my classes start a week after. And it's my first year of college, kinda nervous but excited at the same time Smile
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:20 pm Reply with quote        
It's not hard to get adjusted to college if you're a self-motivated worker.

YamiAoiRin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
Oh, I definitely am! In fact, I did a summer program at my college that basically has two semester's worth of two classes in six weeks. Difficult, yes, but I got pretty good grades Happy
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
Cooolleeeggeeee Weeeee

My fall semester started monday. I managed to get into the introductory 3d modeling class at the last minute though, so I got to drop algebra thank the lawd Oh Mai
The only downside is the campus it's at is an hour drive away. And you have to get there at 9am.
Hoping it'll turn into once a week class, and the other day will be lab, which I won't have to attend since I'll have the modeling software at home. If not then I'll manage.

Good luck with all of your classes as well, Chu!

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Yay for dodging algebra! Weeeee Are you planning on getting a place closer to campus eventually?

I just finished my summer quarter yesterday so I have a month until Fall quarter starts. Gotta get a job now. Neutral
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:13 am Reply with quote        
Aha I started college again Wednesday, but I moved in last Friday if my dropping off the edge of the earth around then didn't hint at that. xD it's my sophomore year, and I'm taking ~17~ hours... Which should be fun. On the one hand 9 of them are from my two intro/survey courses I need (economics, sociology and statistics) but on the other hand the other 8 are physics and the dreaded organic chemistry... Which is of course the one most important for my major /dies

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote        
Weeeee Yay for organic chemistry!
I'm so glad I don't have that anymore... Neutral

Good luck with everything guys!
I'm gonna be packing things and moving next week probably, and my classes start Sept. 5, so yeah. Kinda happy but also nervous about it. And I'll have... 21 hours? Of which 15 are practical classes/workshops, which aren't so bad normally. At least you get to do stuff instead of just sitting there, which is nice. Neutral

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote        
Organic chemistry and I didn't get along. -.- I hope you have better luck with it than I did.

I've started applying for Nursing schools! Whoop!