Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote        
My fall semester is coming up in less than a month and I don't know whether to be excited or worried. xP This will be my first time taking online classes, and I have two of them... then my two regular classes aren't really things that I feel confident in: biology (with a lab) and research methods & statistics. It's gonna be challenging.

When does school start up for you, if you're attending this fall? What's it looking like for you? Hopefully more fun than mine.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
Good luck, Chu!

I personally hate online classes. I like hybrid classes and actual show up on campus in a classroom classes. I'm never motivated enough to do a pure online class so I usually did things very last minute. More so than with a class that actually meets.

I've had a biology class. I can't remember if there was a lab or not though. I don't think there was one. I know I had a lab class for chemistry though.

Is research methods and statistics science or math or something else?
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks! I've only taken traditional classes before, so this will be an interesting experience. ^^; Usually I'm pretty good about meeting personal deadlines and staying motivated in general though, so I'm hoping I won't struggle too much.

And it's a class that I'm taking for my psychology degree. So, it's more science than anything. Even though I'm going for a BA, I still have to take it.

pachi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote        
starting my thesis this fall. uuuuuuuugh, not really looking forward to it since I want to change my topic but I don't know what to change it to.

I'm also taking the plastics studio so I'm kind of excited for that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote        
What's the thesis for?

Plastics studio? What is that like?

... I only asked questions there. >< Sorry.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:21 pm Reply with quote        
It's hard for me to be motivated by something.

Good luck with your thesis, Pachi!

I'm glad I just graduated...but I had two thesis projects...one for drawing, the other for photography. At least I didn't do them at the same time.
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote        
Good luck with your thesis pachi! (and I'm also curious about that plastic studio thing Wink)

School starts in about a month for me too. I'm kinda happy because I have more creation classes this semester, but at the same time those usually end up being pretty exhausting, and I'm pretty sure all the deadlines are gonna fall the same weeks, so blergh... Oh, and I had the brilliant idea to take 11 hours of classes on Tuesday, mostly because I didn't have much choice anyway considering the classes I wanted, but I'm hoping it's not gonna be too hard. Neutral

I have an online class this summer (next week is final exam, then I have a paper to hand in the 12th and I'm done). It's... not that bad, as long as I keep some sort of schedule. I would probably have taken more, but the art classes I need to do are not available online, so I'm pretty much just doing complementary stuff.

pachi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote        
thanks, guys.

thesis for my major (jewellery) is basically creating a body of work that will eventually be displayed at the grad show. =x=;; we have to have lots of backup research and other shit for it and ahfsjlkhkhg

as for plastics studio, we're just learning how to work with plastics and making things lol. I didn't look at the course outline yet for the specifics. all the plastic I've been working with so far is just laser-cut acrylics so I want to learn how to work with others, stuff like cast resin and etc.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
Pachi: O.o Where do you go to school at?! I want to do jewelry! The only classes around here for jewelry are like bead stores, Michael's Arts & Crafts, then there is usually a non-credit summer course for adults at the one community college. Although I think there may be a beading class at JMU from what one of my friends have told me...
pachi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
I'm at OCAD U. The jewellery program is more like smallscale metalsmithing, haha. We also get to work with alternative materials including plastics and wood and etc if we wanted to.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote        
That's cool!
I could take a metalsmith class here...at the community college...it is a non-credit course though...but at least the place where the classes are held on in town and not on the campus.
pachi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm Reply with quote        
uvu well if you're interested in it and want to make things, go for it. It's really fun. ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote        
If I had the money...I totally would! *no financial aid for non-credit classes not to mention she can no longer receive financial aid unless she goes for her masters*
x_lilmissNINJA_x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote        
I'm actually starting freshman year in September. I'm a little worried and scared honestly. I'm moving very far away form home to go all the way to Savannah, Georgia and there are not many people there that I know. (only two alumni of my highschool as far as I'm aware)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:13 pm Reply with quote        
Savannah is pretty! I've only been there once...when I was 10 I think...with Girl Scouts. XD

I personally do not know what dorms are like since I never had to live in them.