Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Museum of Art
Pikmin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
And I know you all missed it so damn much!

Anyway.

I would like opinions on this:

1: Well, how is it? Like shading, style... etc. Any feedback that isn't just douchebaggery is really appreciated!

2: Does it look male or female to you? I know what gender I was going for, BUT I'm not going to say which 'cos I want to know what other peoples impressions are (and whether therefore it's gone horribly wrong...)

That's about it for now, gonna keep practicing though xD

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote        
Kupsy art! :LE GASP!:

I like it, really. Soft Smile The style is incredibly cute, and the shading's done quite nicely. It's better than I could do on shading, but I don't know how great of a compliment that is. >_>; Anyway, it's very nice.~ <3 As for gender, I'd say it looks pretty androgynous, leaning slightly more towards the feminine side of things...but really, I suppose it could be either male or female...so you haven't messed that up either way. xD; That's just my take on things, though.~ Sweat

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not artistic so I'm not very good with giving technical feedback about art, but I do find your drawing very cute! I think the shading the the hair is well done. Happy
Pikmin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:38 am Reply with quote        
Thanks for the comments Smile
I'm glad it's better than my old drawings at least, I spent quite a while practicing... Though I'm still pretty bad at drawing the clothes etc -negativity-

I'm most glad about the shading feedback, I never used to get it right, I'd really overdo it and it'd just look weeeeird.

-still not unveiling the magical mystery of what gender it's meant to be :P-

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Kalietha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote        
Good job on the cel-shading, good placement on hairshine, superb attention to detail. Your inking needs work but that'll come with practice, as will fine-tuning your linework. All in all, I'd say (as far as I can judge from one piece) that you are an artist with a lot of potential, but who is still relatively early in their growth as an artist. Good job!

As for gender, I'd say female, mainly due to the lack of an adam's apple. That said, going by the cues most people look for, it could go either way - the single earring is more common in male characters, the long hair in female, and the eyes are very non-specific.