Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Music & Lyrics
Zak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote        
I am going to rant just a little. << But it seems a lot of the mainstream (not all) has no meaning in the lyrics. They are just talking about random stuff and to me its annoying. There are tons of good artists out there that can write circles around these popular artists, and yet they aren't famous. Does this bug anyone else? >>

Does that make sense? I haven't slept yet. << I hope this makes sense. xD
aiyannaai327

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:09 am Reply with quote        
Even as late as it is to reply to this, I'm happy to've found it.
I completely, wholeheartedly agree.
It's actually rather ridiculous the lyrics they're allowing to be produced nowadays. They're all trying waaay too hard to the point where it just sounds like they're over compensating. Which, in most cases, I truly believe they are. And to make matters worse is the fact that just about everyones' voices are edited to such an extent that they don't even sound natural, or are purposefully edited to sound like fracking robots. Which I honestly do not understand what the appeal is in that.
The one's with true talent go unnoticed and those with fake "talent" are heard nationwide.
C'est la vie.
I understand that it's all a matter of opinion, and some people do like music today, but to me, it really is terrible. And even sometimes painful to listen to... the majority of it, at least.