Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Level Up
Lurik Leingod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote        
Ive not been on the site for long, but Ive noticed a couple things in regards to the level up that I thought were odd.
I thought it was odd when I was selecting a class, that the "Fighter" got less armor class points on level up than a thief or a rogue. that was the first and more minor thing.

The second thing was that when leveling up, I was at full life already (30/30) but after leveling up the 6 new HP and 2 MP that I got were empty slots (30/36), if it is possible you should make it so that upon level up the new HP/MP is automatically added(and filled) or just completely heal upon level up. Those are just the thoughts of an avid RPG'er though. Look forward to hearing back from anybody that responds though!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote        
Hey, thanks for the feedback! We're actually knee-deep on batsys renovations, so your feedback will be considered in our work. We're not sure if we can give you full HP/MP upon level-up, but we'll certainly look into it. And we'll be pretty much re-doing the classes from the ground up, so we'll put more thought into the base stats and the points that you gain when you level up.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote        
I know it's been answered and I'm not staff anyway, but I'd like to note I agree with this statement. I'm a rogue, but while I understand low strength and medium wisdom...Shouldn't I be a little smarter? I mean, my strength and intelligence are the same o.o; Well, were. Before I leveled up and added strength (ironically to my point).

But Chu, if the classes are being re-done, is our work with them going to be lost? ;-;

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote        
I still can't tell exactly how this change with affect users, but if necessary, I will manually move people over so that their progress won't be lost.

I'll probably make a thread and allow people to post in it if they don't want to re-create a character, but want to move it over instead. How long should I keep the thread open for? What would be fair?

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote        
I have no clue, sadly, but it's good to know you're willing to do such a thing either way. Still, any updates would be appreciated by many of us I'm sure. -says person who barely uses batsys-

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I'll be sure to clearly outline the details of the change whenever it occurs. Unfortunately I won't be able to release details on the classes until the change goes live because I don't head that particular project. But, I won't let anything slip under the radar. You have my word.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:27 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you Chu! It's good to have you on the inside. Fufufu...That sounded weird ;-; But looking forward to seeing the new stuff and how things play out~

MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:02 pm Reply with quote        
Hey there, I can't update classes and their stats, not my department, but with the permission of Cat I updated the system, so that when you guys level up, MP and HP is restored! Wink

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks, Max! ^_^

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:50 pm Reply with quote        
Whooo!
Lurik Leingod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 pm Reply with quote        
Thank you Chu and MaxR
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote        
No problem! If you guys need anything else regarding this, PM Chu, Catghost, or myself.

Closing topic because things are resolved Soft Smile

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!