Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote        
The Doctor and Donna were my favorite too. She simply filled the best friend role rather than the love interest, which was exactly what the Doctor needed after Rose and Martha. Plus she was hilarious and bounced well off Tennant.

StandingandRunning is right, make sure you don't miss the Christmas specials! D:

Also, my summer is going well. Taking an accelerated class that I'm finding to be pretty easy luckily. Working out, physical therapy, playing softball for a friend's church league, writing (kinda), and spending as much time as i can until overcast roles back in.

Anyone go to an exciting event like a concert, vacation, etc? Happy
Zak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote        
This summer has been work, work and more work. << I get 1 day off a week and it sucks. xD But at least I get my overtime for the summer, and I am putting a way good amount of money for the fall when I go back to college.
StandingandRunning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
Saygen: I completely agree with you about Donna. She just was perfect as a friend and as support for the Doctor when he needed it most. She took care of him as much as he did her. *siiighs im sure we could go on about that dynamic forever*

I'm not going to any concert this summer tho i went to one earlier this year.

Zak: whoa i don't think I'd be able to cope with only one day off a week. I'd totally burn out. (but money...)

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote        
On a side note, I can hardly wait for this Christmas special! ^.^

One day off a week? Yeah, I'd burn out too. Hopefully your job isn't too intensive.
StandingandRunning

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote        
[size=11]Gah doctor who makes me emotional sometimes.

you can always count on the specials to be cheesy and heartwarming
but oh so nice[/color]
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
I really liked the Christmas special that was a play on...that one classic take...about the old man and the three ghosts. can't remember suddenly what's it's called. Also, the Waters of Mars scared me shit-less.

Honestly, I'm exited for the special because Smith is on his way out. I loved him, but he ran his course for me.

Also, I've taken a couple trips up and down part of the West coast this summer. Car broke down somewhere in Oregon, but I have premier member AAA card! XD
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote        
((Doctor Who spoilers in this post for those who haven't watched and are planning to))

I loved The Waters of Mars. It was really creepy, but honestly the scariest part for me was when the Doctor kind of lost it at the end, it was terrifying to see him in such a state. I think it's important for him to have a companion, to keep him in check so he doesn't go overboard or do something stupid, and stop him dwelling too much on sad things, which he seems to do when he's alone.

I just watched the episode "Vincent and the Doctor", ugh, it was so beautiful, I don't know how to put it into words. It was painful seeing one of the most famous and respected painters in the world suffering like that. Ugh, so many quotable lines in this one.

For some reason, I'm not enjoying Amy as a companion so much, at least not as much as any of the others. I don't know, she just doesn't really feel as real to me or something. It's hard to explain what I don't like about her. Sorry Amy. Maybe my Donna feels are interfering.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:08 pm Reply with quote        
Saygen: The Christmas Special is based off of 'A Christmas Carol' by Charles Dickens. Cool
I'll miss Matt Smith on Doctor Who immensely but I'm looking forward to how its gonna move on and progress.

Kitty- Oh man, I cried watching 'Vincent And The Doctor' it just touched me. I love stand alone episodes like that. They might not be like super duper important to the overall arc but they just give great insight into the characters in my opinion.

Maybe you'll warm up to Amy? idk. im diagnosing you with post-Donna-and-her-ending syndrome

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote        
More Spoilers! Beware!

Oh that's right, A Christmas Carol. I loved the whole idea about the fish swimming in the fog. I thought it was very clever.

Vincent and the Doctor had me crying my eyes out by the end. I'm usually not a fan of the historical episodes, but that one was fantastic. I wish Vincent could have been a more recurring character.

I liked Amy, but there was an inconsistency with her character that confused me. One minute she's kissing the Doctor, and the next minute - with no mention - she's totally fine with Rory. I wish there could have been more love expressed for Rory throughout the seasons before the wedding episode (?) to give a heart-to-heart admittance.

I did enjoy her adventurous spirit. The writers made a huge error writing Clara without one in an attempt to make her different from the other companions. Clara had so much potential!
StandingandRunning

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:33 pm Reply with quote        
spoilers here!!

All those details that are mentioned whenever they're in a new place always make me happy. I love it. And plus it let the shark pull the sleigh at the end which was all well and good. x)

It would have been interesting to see more of Vincent. I'm just glad that they brought back Craig cos I love the episodes that he's in. Just super adorable and enjoyable.

Well there was that episode in season 6 'The Girl Who Waited' where i guess it did show more of their love for each other.
still, i know what you mean.
[/b]
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
Spoilers!

I love Craig! Happy

I named my computer Stormageddon after watching his last episode with his son.
fickle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote        
it's been an unfun time. our summers are short here, it's already getting cold. we had to do a lot of responsible stuff here and there, some of that was fun.. at least to me it was.

i went out and hiked a few times, did parkour too
StandingandRunning

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
fickle- i should probably hike some more.
what do you mean by responsible stuff?

Saygen- spoilers!! possibly!!
Ah man, Stormageddon was just so cute. And it was super cheesy but adorable when he saves everyone with love.