Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
(Nah, I have a lot of fun with what I do.)

This summer has turned into a massive "do everything you possibly can on Mido" project... and most of the stuff hasn't even seen the light of day. XD But really... I've only taken care of my mental health and worked on stuff here. Granted, the work is a lot of fun... But I didn't anticipate it. :P

What have you all been doing over the summer? Have any fun?

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
Taking care of your mental health is a good thing! Actually, that's what I've been working on a bit this summer too. Though at times, my physical health decides to attempt conquering that >:c'

But besides that...I've mostly spent time playing video games, hanging out on here and other sites, working on usual stuff...and going to my part-day program for my mental health. I can't say it's been a bad summer even if it was mostly just a normal season.

Now, if the heat wave would just stop...xD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
It's good that you're actively doing something for yourself. :] Much better than sitting at home trying to avoid stress, haha.

Yeah, the heat doesn't make it any easier to go out and do other things. :T I've been a few places, but I'm just not built for all of that heat.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:01 pm Reply with quote        
How hot has it gotten by you? It got about 100 degrees Fahrenheit by me. I wish I'd found a place to go swimming this year...Well, next year I'll be able to go to college hopefully, and I can just use the college pool. :3 I might take a swimming class anyway. Since...I still can't do more then a doggy paddle :/

But yeah..It's good to help yourself. It's hard though! I'm a naturally codependent person. It feels awkward going out on my own a few days a week even if it's to a big group of people xD But avoiding stress is necessary too! >:o What else are you doing for yourself lately, Chu? Happy

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote        
I haven't really done anything over the summer...

I work weekends...8 hours a week...although I did get 5 extra hours on July 4 because we needed more people working that day. Even got a $50 bonus for working which was nice. Happy Especially since tips sucked that week because we were so busy therefor tips decline.

Other than that...been job hunting...hope I get the job I put in an application for today...although I didn't do so well on the percent questions on the quiz and I don't know how many days are in a year *put 364 days in a year and apparently it is 365* But I got what color is the opposite of blue! Which is yellow! (and before someone contradicts me on that, it's a photo place I applied for a job to...so I didn't put orange...I didn't even think of orange until after I got home and wondered if they meant of the normal color wheel but then was like...it's a photo place...they would want rgb cmyk).

Otherwise I just sleep, read, play online, and for the past month...watch Bones on netflix which I am not watching on Hulu Plus with the one week free trial so I can get caught up on the show since I just got addicted to the show like a month ago. But I am not continuing Hulu Plus because of all the problems I have with it.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
I just learned something...That I don't understand. What's RGB CMYK? Because I only know rgb. I can guess the first part of cmyk (cyan, magenta, yellow..like ink?) but...No idea what the k is.

It's neat that you got a good bonus for july 4th because of the extra work. Having a job sounds neat, but I can't hold one right now. It'd be nice to have a simple one someday though. Or just work from home, which is more likely for now.

Bones is certainly addictive. Netflix is quite good for fueling TV addictions too. >w< I've never really used Hulu Plus myself, and barely use Netflix though. I mostly watch anime on crunchyroll, and regular TV on...My DVR recorder via television provider. Though I really hate our provider right now! These past months have been torture it feels like. We're constantly having to spend 40 minutes calling them with new problems. And then there's our annoying property management company...

...Okay, I'll stop there before I rant. This is not a ranting thread. It's a fun thread.

And you know what's really fun? Food! I got to go to a farmer's market for the first time in years a few weeks ago! The heat was bad for the food and some of it spoiled quickly, but there was some really awesome stuff. I got to find out just how much my tastes have changed over the years too, which was neat. Smile

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote        
K is black. Happy And yes...it is ink. For printing...rgb deals with light...like a monitor or tv.

I'd love to sell things on etsy. Or ArtFire? I think ArtFire was free to actually list an item whereas etsy charges you to list an item...but I don't know how to ship things and I don't know how to price things I make.
I'm looking for an easier job. I end up in pain with where I work now and I will get anxiety attacks from there as well. So here's to hoping I get that job in a photo lab! WOO!

I love Netflix...watching all 7 season of Bones was the most I have watched Netflix in a really long time. I would go months without watching anything on there and still be paying for it. I've never used crunchyroll. And the anime on hulu plus...or at least what I have tried to watch...is in japanese...no english...although I haven't tried going back and turning on captions to see if the captions are in english though...I doubt it though.

I love my service provided. We don't get that many problems from them. The only problems we've had is due to weather, them upgrading their systems, or when Comcast bought out Adelphia and they were switching everything over to them. Although sometimes the internet goes out...I don't know what causes it...most of the time I think it is my router.

AWESOME! I've never been to either one of the local farmer's markets...and I probably never will unless I don't have to work on a saturday and don't have anything else planned. Although I think our town's is on wednesdays...but the good one is in the city where I work and went to school in (20/25 minute drive one way) is on saturdays and I would prefer to go to that one since most of the places around where it is held are actual small businesses and artisan shops. Happy
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Ah okay, thanks for the explanation!

I've never heard of ArtFire, but I do know bits about shipping if you ever need help. Don't ask why I know them. My dad wants to sell stuff on ebay eventually. But I hope you get the job you're looking forward to! What will you do there? That sounds like a fun topic to me.

Well, for me, I watch mostly subtitled anime myself, so...Crunchyroll is perfect for me. There is anime on Netflix though, y'know. Though I think they may be getting rid of a bit of it. I forget what service it was dad said was getting rid of most of their anime. I think it was Netflix though. But dad really liked watching anime there. But there are other places to watch, depending on what you want.

But the captions could be in English, if they're the way the subtitles work. Not sure. Again, not a Hulu user xD

In my case, we were fine with our provider for a while- but since they started switching to an online DVR service, there have been a lot of issues. We left them for a while years ago because they had an issue where the phone would go out if the internet went out, and the internet kept going out for a while. Now it's good though. But the DVR service is a real trouble lately. And the customer service department there doesn't really pass on info properly to the techs, and they don't even get back to you properly sometimes. Though...They're getting a bit better this month. A bit.

I don't think there's one in my town, but we went to one in my Grandmother's town since I go to a lot of doctors there. It's about 20 minutes away by car, and it was in a park area that was quite nice to walk in. The variety was a bit unique and it wasn't truly like a farmer's market (actually, they didn't have much in the way of a vegetable or fruit area...But we got some great pickles, cheese and ravioli and stuff). It was neat to meet local farmers and businesses that home make things! We haven't gotten to go back since though. Hopefully we can go one more time before it ends.

What I really wanted to do this year too, but we didn't get to yet, is go to the state fair. The fair ended here, but the big Palisades Fair in NY might be neat if we can make the drive there someday while it's open (if it's still open). Have you been to a fair? It's been a long time for me, but they're fun.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
I've never sold anything on ebay. I have bought stuff before...but it is rare for me to do so.

I don't remember where I watch anime. All I can tell you is that it is fansubbed.

I've been to a bunch of fairs! But not here recently...it's been a while. But I have been to our city's little tiny fair which is more of a carnivale I guess, the county fair, a county's fair that is to the west of us, a county fair that is above us, and then the Virginia State Fair.

The one thing I wish I could have done this summer...actually two things...were to go to the Virginia Renaissance Festival (VARF) and go to the 150th Anniversary Battle of Gettysburg Reenactment. But I had to work...and my car would not have made it. I don't trust my car anymore since it completely broke down on me when I went to Potomac Mills (which is like 2.5 hours away from here and we only had like a half hour to 45 minutes left to get there and my car just loses power. Took 20 minutes of jump starting it to get it working again. Haven't taken it to a shop because I don't have the funds to find out what is wrong with it...plus they might make me get other things fixed on it...which is why I haven't taken it to the dealer to get an alignment yet. Also...it's a 2000 VW GTI....so that is why I don't have the funds to get it fix...especially since it came to me with so many problems...I'll get a new car eventually and I would rather save for that than fix all the issues that are with my car due to how old it is and over 130K miles on it.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
I understand car issues. Our summer has been full of it. We don't go out because we have no AC in our car. Our car's an old gal too. Older than me! We have no money to fix it or buy a new car though, and are barely making ends meet. If I'm lucky, our aunt will send one of her old cars...

I've been to a Renaissance Fair once, and only once. It was the New Jersey annual in Meadowlands, and quite fun! It was hard to control my spending that time...I got some neat stuff though. I still cherish the ocarina I bought there <3 I used to go to fairs a lot- mostly town specific, like the one you mentioned in your city. Most cities I've found have a little fair every year as a celebration of the city itself. I missed ours this year, then the state fair and hopefully not Palisades- though I don't think I'll make it to that either. Maybe next year? But it'd be fun to go to one again overall. Of course, being careful when we do.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
We already had our fair...I didn't go to it.
Too many people.

Yeah...this is my second car. I totaled my first car which was a lot nicer. My dad bought both of my cars...but he won't pay to fix my current one or buy me a better one. So I have to buy my next car...which will probably take me a couple of years to save up for. So as long as my car holds out on me until then...and no super major problems that I must get fixed, I should be okay...oh...and here's to the transmission still lasting that long since I've had transmission problems the whole time I've had the car. We took it to a transmission place before to get it checked but they couldn't figure out the problem and didn't want us to pay $3000 to fix it and have what they fix in the transmission not be the problem.

Now...I live with my mom...she's the only one paying the bills since I don't make enough to actually help her. But I know she pays everything late (except for rent)...late as in she usually waits till the second month to pay something off because she can't pay everything in one month. She used to be better at it, but not since she had to cut her hours and they won't give her her hours back now that she is back working.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:47 am Reply with quote        
This summer has been actually a bit boring for me most of the time. My sister arrived a few days ago and she'll be here for a while, so that's great! I've also been busy doing midorea stuff, and been spending time on a bunch of sites and catching up on Doctor Who (currently I'm on season 4, Donna is probably my favourite companion so far). It's a really fun series. I've also been trying to develop my drawing skills and such (yay anatomy!).

I'll be going on a small trip for like a week with my family at the end of this month (with no internet), so I won't be around then, probably.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote        
Oh you're on s4? I love the Doctor and Donna dynamic. They just make me laugh and they're really good together as companion and doctor.
in my opinion, i like season 5 the best though David Tennant's doctor is my favourite doctor. Cool

Doctor Who and family time sounds like a good summer.

killerkitty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote        
Gah I just finished season 4 and just.... forever sadness, I don't know how I'll recover. Donna and the tenth Doctor were excellent together, I could watch them all day long.

I reckon I'll start season 5 today. I wonder who the new companion will be. And who even is River Song? Duh So many mysteries.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote        
omgosh i kno, the ending really just killed me. I remember watching it with my brothers and we just kinda were dumbfounded and stared at the tv blankly while the credit rolled up.

Oh, make sure you watch the Christmas special and the 4 specials. or else you'll miss out some MAJOR info.

*the mysteries never end