Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:35 pm Reply with quote        
Michael grabbed up a bowl of the rice but didn't take any of the curry since it wasn't something he really liked. He then sat in the other armchair that wasn't occupied. He was pretty good at eating without having a surface for his food to sit on not due to the fact he and his mom didn't have a table just because they rarely used it for sitting and eating it. Most of the time her sewing was all across it along with her knitting and other various hobbies she had.

He decided to just sit and eat not really having anything to say about the weasel. Though he did wonder to himself how it could still be hungry after a baggy full of chocolate filled nuts but he shrugged and just ate the rice he had been offered and his beef jerky.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:16 am Reply with quote        
"Lin, you okay?" Sean asked as the white mage toppled. He understood that the floors were slippery, but she didn't seem to be going that fast...

"So, um, I guess we just wait for Strident now," he mumbled, watching Jasper stuff his face unceremoniously.

"There's really no worry of him not enjoying his meal," Sean remarked, "If it's edible, he'll enjoy it. If it's inedible, he'll probably still enjoy it. He's really indiscriminate. Some might say a complete pi-Hey!" Jasper threw a piece of his food at Sean's forehead. Sean scowled and grabbed the food bowl from the weasel, holding it high in the air.

"Yeah," Sean grinned, "Not so funny no-aw, dammit..." Jasper, being a weasel of profound intelligence (for a weasel, at least), was a highly capable climber, and so found no challenge in scaling up Sean's chest and outstretched arm. He perched on Sean's wrist and continued eating, and if one looked closely, one might even see a smug little grin on Jasper's pointed face.

--------------------------

"Finally," Aelita grumbled, glancing around, nervous for some reason. Jodi's good mood was suddenly grating. Aelita scanned the area, looking for anything...off. Out of the ordinary. She felt like she was suddenly the prey.

There was a thump in the alley nearby: the sound of something heavy and somewhat squishy dropped onto concrete. A body.

Aelita's long legs covered the distance in the space of a heartbeat (the body was quite close to the mouth of the alley), and she knelt by the cold corpse, her ice blue eyes taking in every detail. The pale, ashen skin and blue lips were familiar symptoms to any vampire; Aelita didn't even need to see the chunk missing from the man's neck to know it was a vampire who'd killed him.

"Jodi!" the Rusian called, tossing the diminutive vampire her cell phone, "Call Cedric. Now! Tell him to not let anyone out of the school. Anyone coming in needs to be sequestered immediately. Do it!" Aelita stood and looked upwards, at the roof of the surrounding buildings. Flexing her fingers and kicking off her shoes, Aelita took a running jump at the wall. She scaled the crumbling brick quickly and soon pulled herself up onto the roof level. Standing, Aelita gave the horizon a scan, her ears pricked for the sound of movement, but she caught nothing.

"Sookin syn..."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:23 am Reply with quote        
Trevor had walked along the dark streets muttering a bit to himself, before finally deciding on a good spot to procure some food for the night. There was a secluded spot outside of town without any distinguishing features, save for a broken down and abandoned old farmhouse. Trevor had been watching it for some time, or rather he had been watching the pair of homeless men who had been spending their nights there. One of the men seemed to be constantly on the nod, the other was clearly a boozer. Neither seemed to have anywhere else to go, any semblance of a real life, or anyone to miss them. In other words: the two were fair game.

Trevor didn't much like killing, in general, but one had to eat. Besides, he had to bring back something for the Nest or Cedric would have a shit-fit. He slunk silently up to the building, quietly apologizing to a nearby tree he had bumped into, without really thinking about what he was doing. At least there wasn't anybody around to notice how odd it was to be talking to a tree...not that he would have cared if there were. He stepped into the building, silent as a shadow and found the two men passed out on the floor. Well, that would certainly make things easier anyway.

He grabbed up the two men, glad for once that he had no sense of smell to speak of, and sauntered back out into the night with a sigh. He was hungry, and this place was well enough deserted that if he were to take one of the men now and leave his body, no one would likely notice or even find it. But, no...there had already been too much attention drawn to the nest lately, it wouldn't do to draw more. Besides, he sure as hell didn't need someone thinking it was he who had been leaving all the slop around lately.

He had been walking back, careful to keep to the back roads and alleyways, lest his cargo be noticed, when he found himself the alley near the butcher shop. Something wasn't right here; there were sounds that didn't belong. There was Jodi and Alieta, their voices coming to him from not too far away. There was the normal hustle and bustle of the town at night...but then there was also something else. An unfamiliar feeling from above him; on one of the rooftops, a muffled sound.

Trevor looked up, but couldn’t see anything. He heard something heavy hit the ground on the other side of the building. Silently, he opened a nearby dumpster and stashed his homeless men inside with a whispered command of “stay!” before shutting the lid just as silently and hoping up on top of the dumpster. As stealthy as a cat, he climbed the remaining way up to the roof from the dumpster and looked around to find…Aelita. He was a bit surprised to see her there, since he hadn’t noticed her climb up. Maybe she had done so while he was stowing his dinner away. Her back was turned, and she was staring out across the distance. Quietly, Trevor walked over to stand beside her and caught a glimpse of the body below. He raised an eyebrow and addressed the tall vampire’s back. “Problem gospozha?”
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote        
Linear laughed nervously upon the remark about her safety. "I-I'm fine...T-This is normal." Well, at least normal for her family. She had a clear understanding that being clumsy wasn't necessarily the most common thing in the world by any means. However, from her observations, it was very common amongst those in her family- even if her only real observations were over herself and her sister.

She was relaxed as she sat with her food, though. Likely, she was more relaxed then than any other time from that day. Seeing that Jasper had started eating without worry over Strident, she glanced at her food in contemplation. Should she eat, or treat the food the way she did at home and just start eating while Strident was still busy? The curry before her was quite tempting. It was hard not to start. "Should...W-We wait?"

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote        
"Um wish you had asked that before I finished my food heh heh." Michael said looking at his now empty bowl of rice and almost empty bag of jerky of course he had more jerky. One of his suitcases had been nothing but foodstuff that could withstand not being refrigerated. If he had, had his way both of them would have been jerky, chips, and other various dried food snack. Of course his mother convinced him that he would need more than one change of clothing.

"I guess if you guys want to wait on her go ahead." He continued feeling like he had been rather rude not to wait on Strident but he had been hungry and he was still a growing boy after all.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote        
Jodi fumbled with the bags as Aelita tossed her the cell phone. One of them hit the ground with a fleshy plop, thankfully not the one with the blood in it. "What, why? What's going on?" she asked, her voice an octave higher than usual.

She watched with wide eyes as the Russian scaled the building in less than an instant. Jodi frowned and looked at the phone in her hands, looking through the contacts until she found Cedric. She tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for him to pick up.

"Cedric! Hiya, it's Jodi. Yeah, Aelita just climbed up a wall and told me to tell you to not let anyone out of the school. And she said, um..." she struggled to remember. "Anyone coming in needs to be....sequestered! That's it. Yeah, we found a body in an alley."

Jodi gave the cold corpse a nudge with her toe. Shame, he looked like he might have been tasty.

"Hey, now that I think about it, have you seen Trevor? He left about the same time as us..."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:18 pm Reply with quote        
"Uh...hm," Sean regarded his rice. Jasper was still eating on Sean's arm with gusto, and Mikey had vacuumed up his food, and Sean's own stomach was growling. Still, he felt weird, just eating without Strident. But Mikey had...but Strident would...

Sean decided that inaction was his best course of action.

"I'm fine with waiting," he mumbled, sinking down in his chair. "How...about we chat instead? Uh..." Small talk. Crap. "So. Mikey. Um. Where are you from? Not to, like, put you on the spot or any...thing......yeah." Jasper chittered at Sean's embarrassment and leapt down, racing across to Linear's lap and settling down. Sean made a face at the weasel, but gently put the bowl down.

--------------------------------------

Aelita almost decked Trevor when he appeared, but she caught herself.

"Yes," she replied coldly, "there is a problem. Sloppy eating. Do you know if anyone else went out tonight? See anyone else from the nest around?" Behind her slightly steely tone, Aelita's mind was whirring fast. Someone, the sloppy eater, knew that his laziness had been noticed, and apparently didn't care. This was a case of either astounding incompetence or malicious intent. No matter which, the sloppy eater needed to be stamped out immediately. More than that, the sloppy eater was close by. Aelita was sure she'd only just missed him. She narrowed her eyes slightly at Trevor, who was quite nonchalant as always. He'd appeared...very quickly. Aelita filed the fact away in her head for later, and made sure to always keep at least one eye on the eccentric vampire.

"We're heading back to the nest now," Aelita said, not bothering to force a casual tone, "Care to join?" The look in her eye was hard to refuse.

-------------------------------------

Cedric paused in his notetaking when his cell phone started vibrating. He reached over and flipped it open on the second buzz.

"Yes?" he said, not bothering to look at the caller ID. Only Aelita ever called him.

"Cedric!" an unexpected voice said brightly, "Hiya, it's Jodi."

"What is it?" Cedric asked, his eyebrows creasing in concern.

"Yeah,"Jodi said, "Aelita just climbed a wall and told me to tell you to not let anyone out of the school."

Interesting, Cedric thought, standing up and crossing the room. He continued listening as he made his way to the security office.

"A body?" he repeated, finally understanding. "Ah, I see. Thank you, Jodi, tell Aelita I will figure out who went out for the evening, and to meet me in the upper bleachers of the gym." With that, Cedric hung up and hit a few buttons on the security console. He grabbed the PA and cleared his throat.

"Attention, everyone," the British vampire said quietly into the microphone, "We will be going into lockdown for the remainder of the night. Please return to your rooms and do not attempt to leave. If you are hungry, send me a message and I will do what I can to accomodate your needs. Anyone caught outside will be punished severely. If the security detail for tonight would meet me in the vice principal's office, I will give you your instructions. Thank you." Cedric hung up the microphone, and with a few keystrokes, sent the entire school into lockdown. The door to every classroom locked, and only those with a master key could move freely.

Cedric gave the security team their instructions. Anyone coming in would be taken to the library. Not mistreated, nor informed as to the reasons for their treatment, only locked in the library.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote        
Michael thought of the best way to say where he was from without sounding rude about it. He really sucked at this whole introduce yourself and tell about yourself and small talk thing though he wasn't quite as bad at it as Lin seemed to be. Of course he suddenly realized he was sitting there just staring off into space.

"Oh right I'm not originally from Placopolis. I lived in Arkansas in a little county called Pisgee with my mom for a long time before the school picked me up. Stayed there for a while and then they said I needed to come here so here I am." He said a slight smile on his face that he actually got through that without tripping over any words. Of course he was more than ready to go hide away in his room for a while but he was forcing himself to endure a few more moments of social interaction.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote        
Trevor eyed Aelita somewhat wearily as she spoke. Something in the older vampire's tone bothered him a bit. Sure, she was obviously concerned about whoever this "sloppy eater" was and what they were doing, but there was something else.... Was she, perhaps, suspicious of him? If so, it wouldn't be surprising really; people were always suspecting him of something...it was just a part of being...well Trevor. Still, he dearly wanted to remain on Aelita's (not to mention Cedric's) good side.

"Hmm...I didn't see anyone go out tonight. Other than Jodi...and yourself, of course." He kept his tone casual, but still the insinuation was there. "Might I observe though, that it seems as if someone doesn't want to be noticed." He hoped pointing out that fact alone might help dissuade whatever suspicion Aelita held for him.

"Ah, of course. That's where I was heading anyway." He raised an eyebrow at Aelita's less-than-gentle suggestion that he return with them, and turned and jumped off the roof, landing gracefully on the dumpster below.

He climbed down, and raised the lid of the dumpster with a smug smile. His homeless men were still dozing peacefully amidst the garbage.

"You want I should bring them back with us...or maybe I should just leave them to molder here...?"
Juneberry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:45 pm Reply with quote        
Linear was in an internal war with herself over the thought of small talk. Small talk was normal, right? But she didn't really know how to go about it. Luckily, when she was about to start sweating from the suspension in her mind, Jasper ran into her lap and relaxed in it. A giggle ensued from her thin lips, the anxiety seeming to pass by from the sort of sudden pet therapy. "Is it comfy...?"

Smiling down at the weasel, she listened to Michael's answer to Sean's question. "Ah..So you're from...Far away? It must be hard...L-Leaving family...So far away, I mean. Even when I...er...Started going to the magic school... I lived with my sister, so...I-I think it takes a lot of courage...To be on your own that way..."

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
"It takes a bit of getting used to but we keep in touch through Facebook games and stuff." Mikey said after Lin had finished talking pulling out his phone to see if he had been given any lives on candy crush.

"So I guess you guys are from around here then?" He asked as an after-thought when he had finished with his phone and put it away.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote        
"W-Well I know I did, but um...I lived on the other side...O-Of town I mean, so um...I still don't...know this neighborhood..." She was still red, but her fragmented statements seemed to at least grow longer and slightly more audible. Over time, she was starting to break through the walls around her- but only because they were still a small group.

Seeing him playing with his phone, she let her mind wander as she wondered what he was doing on it- but it wasn't her place to ask. When she was thinking of it, though, she remembered he'd mentioned facebook. "I should really...Use that more to...Talk to my sister. I-Is it fun...F-Facebook? Ah, but um...I-If other things are fun to you...We can talk about that too..."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
"I'm actually from out-of-state," Sean said, snapping back into focus. "Arizona, actually. The, uh, climate change is...I had a horrible cold for two weeks. Just finally got over it. It was...awful." Sean shuddered at the thought of it. He literally did not leave his room for three days straight.

"That's why the place is so warm," Sean explained, "I...hate the cold? And 'cause I don't pay for the heating...might as well pump it up, y'know?" It was seventy in the apartment, but Sean still had his sweatshirt and beanie on, and was perfectly comfortable. He slipped his shoes off and tucked his feet underneath his legs, sitting cross legged on the chair.

Sean leaned and glanced down the hallway.

"How long do you think she'll be?" he muttered quietly, "She only had one bag..."

----------------------------------------

Aelita watched Trevor hop down and open the dumpster. She followed him, lightly jumping down to street level. The vampire looked over the pair, judging their quality.

"No need to waste them," Aelita said, shrugging. "Cedric would have my ass." She leaned over and reached down. Easily, Aelita snapped their necks, then tossed one of the bodies at Trevor.

"Jodi!" she yelled, "Grab the corpse and my shoes! We're heading back!" Aelita shouldered the body that she hadn't thrown at Trevor, then turned and walked further into the alley. They'd have to take the back ways to avoid being seen carrying three bodies. However, Aelita made sure to usher Trevor in front of her, never letting him stand behind her.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:40 am Reply with quote        
Just then, Strident came back down the hallway, carrying her Wii and it's cables. 'Hey, guys, you like gaming? I like gaming, mind if I hook this up to the TV?' She say that they weren't all eating yet. 'Hey, if you were waiting for me, you didn't have to. Kinda sure I said so before, but I already ate, on the way here, actually. I don't need to eat any of your stuff. In fact, I get up kinda early anyway so I'll a full grocery shop tomorrow morning, if you want. Seriously, don't 'bout me. And weasel, I'd kinda like my bag back thanks. Gotta have something for those nuts to go in, after all.' She crossed to the TV and grinned. 'Oh, and I don't think the rooms have any real place to put clothes yet, I kinda just dumped mine on the floor for now, but I think I might be able to sort that out if you want, no charge, just a biiit of summonin' and there it'll be, 'K? There's this pretty harmless dimensional plane I can get stuff from that's kinda nutty and I'm oretty sure I could whip up a few nut-shell bits of furniture if you want. 'Course, being nut, they would kinda set off allergies if you have 'em, but if you don't then great, right?'
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:48 pm Reply with quote        
Trevor caught the body Aleita threw to him easily and chuckled.

"But I do love a woman who knows how to take charge." He smiled and readjusted his shades.

"Guess I'll be leading the way then." He set off at a quick pace, smiling vaguely the whole time.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the door to the apartment where all the awkward magic users seemed to be gathered blew open. Standing in the open doorway, was a short-ish girl, with shiny golden brown hair. She had a tight-fitting fur-trimmed coat pulled around her in an effort to fight the cold and was toting two suitcases and a huge purse behind her. She also carried a 12-pack of Bud Light bottles in her right hand. At her feet stood an enormous, shaggy thing that might have been a cat under all the fur. She smiled around at the room at large, and stepped in without an invitation.

"Heeeeyyy, roomies!! Nice to see you all here!~ Sorry I'm late to the party. Met some guy on the train here, and toooaatly got distracted and missed my stop. Buut he was hot, and I got his number. Sooo worth it...? Anyway, I'm Amber. A Sorcerer. And I guess I'll be staying here with you guys, huh? Cool. I'd shake hands with you all, but..." She trailed off and lifted the beer in her hand. "Actually, I'll just go stash this in the fridge, if you all don't mind. Feel free to help yourself...if you're of age, of course." Wink

She walked over to the kitchen and opened up the fridge, tossing her beer inside. She returned to her suitcases and the shaggy cat-thing she had left in the other room, grinning.

"Boy, something in here smells daaannnk. Is that, curry? I love curry!~"

She reached down into an unattended bowl and grabbed up a piece of chicken, popping it in her mouth with a flourish.

"God, that's good. From that neat little place in town, right? I saw it and wondered how it'd be. Anyway, is there a place I can throw my stuff around, or am I supposed to crash on the floor? I'm late...so I don't mind. I'll go wherever you tell me. Oh, and this is Ripper...I think he's a cat...or something...but I love him"

Amber finally stopped talking, and peered around the room at everyone while Ripper the "cat" rounded ankles and rubbed against legs.

"Looks like he likes you guys...and he's a great judge of character." Big Grin