Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:52 pm Reply with quote        
"Well...yeah," Sean muttered, "But...it's still weird." He continued mumbling unintelligble sock-related nonsense, ending with a resounding, "But my feet aren't warm!" and then buried his face in the upturned collar of his jacket. He laughed quietly at the image of Linear falling into a bucket of warm laundry, picturing the reserved girl flailing about uncharacteristically. Socks flying through the air like little, pale, fat butterflies.

"I dunno what their actual use is," said Sean, on the subject of familiars, "I think back before the Dark Ages, they were actually useful and stuff but now they're just a tradition. And, I mean, necromancers don't have many companions, so it's nice to have a friendly face constantly, y'know? I dunno it's just...'' Sean trailed off, his eyes caught on two women (one woman, one girl) across the street. He checked his phone to see if he'd gotten any more texts but his message box was empty. He chewed on his lip, then started walking again, doubling his pace.

"C'mon," he said quietly to Linear, "I'm freezing. Home's just around the co-hey, who're you guys?" Sean spotted the pair as he rounded the corner and spotted the two strangers outside his door.

---------------------------------

Aelita glanced at the club, and her perfectly sculpted eyebrows creased slightly.

"What, you expect me to wait outside with a few bags of raw meat while you go and fish?" she asked, "Yeah, that totally sounds like fun. Help me with the delivery first, then do whatever you want. I'm only your babysitter for now." Aelita grabbed Jodi by the wrist and walked even faster, veritably dragging Jodi through the street. Her limbs felt empty but heavy, and Aelita knew she needed to feed soon. Cedric's rations had been getting shorter, due to the lack of incoming food. Hopefully the new measures would be enough to boost the supply, at least until the fledglings could feed themselves...then would come the next wave.

"Here," Aelita said, shoving a handful of bills into Jodi's hand, "Get ten pounds of raw meat--whatever's cheapest--then spend the rest on blood." The Russian vampire pushed Jodi through the door to the butcher's shop and waited outside, at the mouth of a nearby alley. There was an itch between her shoulder blades. It was a gut instinct that someone was watching her...it wasn't a feeling that Aelita liked at all.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:07 am Reply with quote        
Strident nodded at Michael. 'Suit yourself, but these are pretty good. Oh, hey!' She turned at the call of a new guy who'd just turned up with a girl. 'Hi! I think I've done this spiel before, but I'm Strident, summoner, I just got here, guess this is the apartment, huh, are you staying here too, what're your names, your schools, you the other roomies, want chocolate filled nuts?' She offered the bag to them, grinning widely. Maybe Michael seemed a bit, well, not good with people, but she'd be exiled to the plane of shrimp if she couldn't make friends with him. And the same for the other two who she supposed were the other roomies.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
"He gets one too though...A-A friendly face I mean..." Linear mused, smiling as she expressed that Jazz likely had the same scenario to some extent as Sean. "And...Now you get more...Right? I hope, anyway...But...I-I get one now too...So...It's not as scary..."

Of course, that wasn't the case to her when they got to the apartment only to be rattled with questions. She felt like flailing in fear or hiding behind Sean, unable to decide which would be more calming to her aching anxiety. It took a long while for her to breathe comfortably enough to speak, but she did end up slightly hiding behind Sean to keep herself that way. Lightly gripping on the cloth on his back without his consent, she kept herself only half visible behind him, startled by the energy before her.

"M-My name is...L-Linear..." It was too hard for her to say something else, but when the nuts filled with chocolate were pushed at her, she waved a hand before her for a split second, her voice hitched at a rather high level when she tried to reply.. "N-No t-thank you!"

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
Sean felt like he was suddenly floundering.

"Um...Sean," he stammered, trying to remember all the questions, "Necromancy, yes, and uh...I guess?" Sean awkwardly shifted the bags in his hands and hesitantly reached for the bag and withdrew a single nut. He ate it quickly, almost swallowing it whole.

"So...um...nice to meet you.....Strident," he said, reshifting the bags to get at his pockets, "And..you too, I guess," this was directed at Michael, who Sean had not been introduced to yet. "H-hang on, I almost got the door...stupid lock, why can't you be an inch lower?" After an impressive effort, Sean got the key into the lock and twisted. The excited chattering within told him that Jasper had noticed the new people waiting outside, and a brown-and-white blur veritably flew through the air, aiming straight for Strident's bag of chocolate covered nuts.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
'Ha, we finally get to dump our stuff, brilliant!' Strident said, shortly before her bag of nuts vanished in a blur of brown and white. 'What the- where'd my nuts go?! Hey, get back here! Umm...' she turned to Sean and Linear. 'I'm guessing that whatever took my nuts belongs to one of you, and are you sure that fuzzy thing's allowed to eat that? 'Cause, y'know, I'm not fussy about the nuts being gone, I can always summon more, but I don't wanna be the reason it died or something.'
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote        
"Holy hell she's got more energy than my mom on three cups of coffee and that's just scary." Michael thought to himself as he allowed the other people to speak noticing they seemed to be even more off put than he had been by Stridents energy. Which was also surprising to him seeing as he figured he would probably be the most socially inept person there.

"Oh right I'm Michael or Mikey for short if you like. I'm an elementalist also glad to get inside it was getting a bit chilly. Also was that a weasel that just zipped by?" He said looking for the weasel he had been asking about. He liked animals and had always had some sort of pet of some kind when he was much younger. Now though it had been a couple of years since he had, had a pet so spoiling someone else's would have to do.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:37 pm Reply with quote        
She smiled when Sean unlocked the door, giggling to Strident's question about the nuts. "Well, um...He seems to have...An affinity for socks, so...I-It should be fine...R-right...?" Her giggle turned a bit nervous as she realized Jasper was already vanished to a degree. "Looks like...Jasper's been lonely...H-He's so excited now..."

She made a few careful maneuvers to enter the apartment again, stretching a bit and turning to Michael and Strident. "U-Um, we...O-Only got enough for ourselves, but..Um...I-I'll share...My curry with someone...O-Or something...Since there's not much to cook, I mean...So.."

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:54 pm Reply with quote        
"He, uh, should be fine," Sean replied, sounding none too sure of himself as he sat the bags down on the kitchen counter. He glanced down the hallway, trying to see a hint of the weasel, but Jasper had disappeared into one of the rooms. "Eh, we'll probably see him waddling out in ten or so minutes. It's not like he hasn't eaten worse things." Sean pulled a few bowls from the cabinets and started unloading the bags.

"Good thing I got extra rice," he muttered, "Nice to meet you Mikey. Yeah, that's Jasper. So, um, if you guys wanna go find a room to dump your stuff in...any of 'em will do, as long as it's not already occupied. You can write on the door...crap, where'd I put the...oh, here you go. You can write on the door with this so we know where you are. After that...well, I guess we'll eat? Do you guys watch TV? We've got one, but I don't watch it so..." Sean's questions trailed off awkwardly. He hoped someone (probably Strident) would pick up the conversation.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:55 pm Reply with quote        
'Weasel? Looked like. Eh, if he likes socks, then I guess there really ain't much to worry about,' Strident answered to both the shy guys. She grabbed her suitcase and barged into the apartment. 'Don't worry 'bought my dinner, I ate on the way.' She paused at Linear's obvious discomfort, and flashed the girl a goofy grin. 'Hey, now, don't be so nervous! We're all friends here, right? Riiiiight?' Wink. 'Now, which of these rooms is mine, 'cause I ain't fussy.'
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote        
"L-Like Sean said...Any that aren't written on...Are fine...T-That leaves all but two- or three now..." She was still stuttering, but Strident's attempt to relax her seemed to work at least a bit- she smiled a bit more meaningfully than earlier. "Um...W-Want me to...Help somehow...? Or I can, um...Set up the food...For everyone..."

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
'Nah, I don't watch TV, there's not always that much on. I don';t even watch sports, prefer to play. Right, I'll find myself a room, then!' Strident grabbed the sharpie off Sean and headed off to find herself a room.

She passed a couple with pen on them, probably Sean's and Linear's, and stopped at one at the end of the hall. She flicked off the marker lid, scrawled 'Strident' on the door, and went inside.

There was already some furniture in the room, although not much, a decent looking made bed behind the door, a chest of drawers in one corner, and a desk and chair below the window. The corner directly ahead of the door had nothing in it, making the rest of the room seem a bit cluttered.

Not for long, though, since Strident's suitcase was an odd one she'd actually summoned a couple of weeks ago. It had an interior around four times bigger than the outside suggested, as impossible as that should've been on this plane. That plane tended to treat all dimensions as things to be manipulated, though, and that tended to carry over to items brought here. As a result, Strident had managed to fit all her clothes, a soccer ball, a couple of posters, all her study materials, some snacks, and a Wii console plus Wiimotes and games into it. There was also a large stuffed lion in there, not that many people would ever get the chance to find out she had it.

She sorted her clothes into the chest of drawers, tied a sports scarf around the lion's neck and plonked it on top of said unit, stuffed all her study books in the drawers of the desk, and made a tower of her own work on the desk. Then, she put the Wii stuff and soccer ball onto her bed and carefully removed a 30comX30cmX30cm black box from the case, which she set onto the desk with care. Then, she scooped up the Wii and cables, and returned to the main room.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote        
"I don't really watch tv myself either." Mikey said not really sure what else to say he shrugged when Strident grabbed the marker before he could and went to find his own room after seeing he going to find her own as well. Though he had two large suitcases he was rather quick about putting his clothing and other various items away in their appropriate spots in his new room. He found one of his own markers and wrote on his door. Not that he didn't want to talk to Strident he just wasn't sure how to talk to someone that was so energetic. After doing so her walked back into the main area where Sean and Linear where at with a large back of beef jerky his mom had made for him.

"I know you guys offered your curry, but well it seemed like such a small amount and I eat a lot so I'll just eat my jerky and other snacks I have till some more food is brought in." He said trying to make light small talk. He wasn't good at it but he hoped he didn't come off as to intimidating seeing as Lin seemed even more shy than he was and he was the youngest one there though his height probably betrayed him.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote        
"Uh, I think I can make the rice stretch," Sean replied, already doling out his rice into four bowls. "We don't really have a dining room, but there's a den with a couch and stuff." Sean nodded to the space across from the kitchen, set up with a couch large enough for three (four, if they were cuddly), a coffee table, and two armchairs, with a large TV set up in the corner.

"Lin, can you grab some utensils?" Sean asked, "Um...that drawer." He nodded at the top drawer, next to the oven. He then grabbed the four bowls, along with the curry, and carefully carried them over to the table. "Cups are in the cabinet over the sink. We've just got tap water right now, though, so...yeah." Sean skipped back over and started filling some water glasses.

"Jasper!" he called, "Dinner!" The weasel came bouncing in and scurried up to Sean's shoulder. "Okay, uh, just...take a seat? I guess? We can...um...talk while we wait for Strident." Sean walked back over to his armchair and handed out the glasses, and set a small bowl of weasel chow on the table as well. Jasper chittered happily as he leapt onto the table and started stuffing his face.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
"Wha--hey!" Jodi shrieked, pouting as she was dragged behind the taller vampire. "Aww, you're a spoilsport," she grumbled. "Hey, come on!" she shrieked again as she pushed her through the door.

"What am I, a fledgling?" she grunted as she approached the butcher's counter. She pasted a big smile on her face. "Hi! I need ten pounds of whatever your cheapest meat is, please!" She fluttered her eyes at the butcher who gave her a quiet grunt and a nod before turning to retrieve the meat. She scowled as he turned away. Humans, she thought irritably.

She turned and looked out the window of the butcher's shop, seeing Aelita's pale hair glowing in the streetlights. She looked a tad uneasy.

Jodi jumped when the butcher plopped the wrapped meat down on the counter and she smiled brightly. "Thank you! Oh, and uh, if I could, with the rest of the money I have," she said, pushing the bills across the counter, "could I please get some pig's blood?" She saw him slightly raise an eyebrow before giving her another one of his grunts and disappearing into the back.

She started loading up the meat into her bag and waited for the butcher to return with the blood. God, this was boring.

"Thank you!" she said in a singsong voice as the butcher handed over the containers of blood. She carefully placed them in her bag and exited the shop.

"All set, my love," she purred to Aelita, giggling.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote        
When Mikey said he didn't watch much television and went to find a room for himself, Linear giggled a bit with a smile. "It seems...The TV might end up a bit lonely...Doesn't it? Though...I suppose it's...Not bad. Others might come...Others might want to use it..."

Her smile differed only slightly. "I-It's alright...C-Curry goes well with...Rice. A-And I got...Rather much anyway...S-So..." She smiled lightly, until noticing Sean calling for her to prepare the dishes they needed. "A-Ah! I'm on it!"

Rushing around a bit carelessly, clumsily falling over as she entered the kitchen more clearly to get the utensils. Nervously, she stood up on her feet, apparently quite used to this type of situation. Brushing herself off, she began to get the items needed- particularly the utensils, and then any cups he needed on the way.

Placing utensils each plot of food as she followed Sean to where they were going to eat, she soon took a seat on the floor as to not have to pick the bowl off the table. Relaxing lightly, she sniffed the curry from her spot before noticing Jasper had come down, and moved herself to lightly pet the weasel's head. "Enjoy your meal. Okay?"