Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Theater
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:01 pm Reply with quote        
Naturally Dark

This is the IC for my roleplay (if you missed the obnoxiously formatted title, it's called Naturally Dark ((tm) ravebloodnymph)). The OOC thread can be found here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Introduction

Vampires. Undead stalkers of the night. Long-lived smelly things without senses of fashion

Werewolves. Bestial lunatic warriors of noble descent who need a good shave.

Hunters. Brave humans who fight the supernatural and hide behind very large guns.

Magic-users. Humans of incredible power who can make the impossible happen arrogant sods whose noses are superglued to old books.

Humans.

Yeah, not much to say about them. Weird bunch.

Welcome to the jungle. Here's your complimentary faulty flashlight. Watch out for poison ivy.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote        
Detective Stanton pulled a face of disgust when he took a sip of coffee.

“Eurgh,” he commented, “Who made this? Arrest him, that’s gotta be illegal.” A few of the nearby officers snickered, then looked down, embarrassed. Stanton pitched the coffee into a nearby trash can and ducked underneath the crime scene tape.

“Hey Doc,” Stanton called to the ME, sitting outside the ambulance, “What’s the damage?” The old woman looked up from her clipboard, then shook her head.

“Same as the last one, hun,” Dr. Augmen said, “Nearly decapitated, pretty heavily exsanguinated but no bloodstains, a few defensive wounds…you got your work cut out for you wit’ this one.” Stanton sighed and rubbed his eyes.

“Don’t I always?” he grumbled. “Hey! Which one of you was first on the scene?” A young man raised his hand, and Stanton looked him over. The officer was young. Very young. Particularly pale, with some flecks on his chin.

“First time being first on the scene?” Stanton asked. The officer nodded. “Take it slow, then. Tell me what happened.”

“Yessir,” the officer said, “anonymous 911 call said that someone saw a person dump a big bag just inside the alley. When I got here, the body was inside an unrolled rug, barely covered. Neck half gone, bruises down her right side. No sign of a struggle.”

“Understood. Go get a drink or something,” Stanton suggested, “You’ll need it.” The officer nodded his thanks, then walked off. Stanton turned to the alley and swept his eyes over it. He heaved a deep sigh.

“Who are you?”

Up above, a dark set of eyes watched the detective study the scene. The figure pulled out a cellphone and read the message flashing on the screen.

'Same person?'

The figure tapped out a reply.

'No doubt.'

'I'll tell Boss that someone's slipping. Expect orders soon.'

The figure slunk out into the night, completely unseen to mundane eyes.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote        
:Two days later:

Sean paced in the large apartment, chewing on his nail. He kept glancing up at the door, just waiting for someone to knock. What the hell were the Heirs thinking? The schools never mingled, and now a bunch of people not even graduated, stuck up in one apartment? Sean didn’t want to think about the reasons. The young necromancer threw himself onto one of the arm chairs, slouching like the teenager he was. Sean pulled the beanie down over his eyes and committed himself to catch up on his sleep.

Sean was woken by a rather excited weasel by the name of Jasper jumping on his face, squeaking excitedly at the door.

“Jazz,” Sean groaned, “Gerroff me…oh, is someone here? Oi! Door's open!"

----------------------------------

An abandoned school a few miles outside of town, slightly less abandoned now than a few months ago, makes a slight screeching sound as the PA system crackles to life. A female, Russian voice comes over the system.

"Chyort voz'mi!" the voice cursed, "That was a loud screech."

"Give me the receiver," a calmer voice said, this one sounding slightly British, "Don't want to teach the fledglings too many curses. Ahem, may I have your attention please? It has been brought to our notice that someone is being a sloppy eater, and the local police office has opened an investigation. This is highly inconvenient, and all meals will hereby be taken out into the forest, and disposed of there. Anyone caught disobeying will be punished harshly. Thank you very much. On an unrelated note, may we see Jodi in the nurse's office please? Again, thank you."

----------------------------------------------------------

Jillian tore another hunk from her cheeseburger as she watched the warehouse of werewolves mill about. The full moon was going to rise very soon, and she had to keep an eye on the less stable members of the pack. All doors and walls were decorated with silver, a project that had taken Jillian many hours of work for such a tiny use. Of course Will had given her the babysitting job.

"Asshole," Jillian muttered, checking the time again. Ten hours until sunup. This...will be fun.

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote        
Jodi lifted her head from the book she was reading and giggled. "Unrelated? Sure, sure! I bet they suspect I'm the messy eater! Hehe!" She swung her thin stocking-clad legs over the arms of the chair and stood, stretching her back. She carelessly tossed the book over her shoulder; it wasn't very interesting anyway.

Humming cheerfully to herself, she skipped her way to what was now the nurse's office. She wasn't sure if it had always been, but that's what they used.

Without bothering to knock, she kicked the door open with her heavy boots and sauntered in. "Needed to see me?" she asked nonchalantly and plopped down in a rickety wooden chair; even under her tiny weight, it groaned obnoxiously and she gave one of the legs a kick with her boots for even more squeaks. She giggled.
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quote        
"Who's an asshole?" Val said overhearing Jillian muttering to herself. She had been wandering around trying to find a way to leave but it was no use with all the stupid silver everywhere, so now it was time to be a bother as other people put it.

"Though I really don't see how I am a bother. I mean at least I am trying to talk to other people instead of just myself all the time right? Right. So there's that but I mean really what is so wrong with talking to one's self I mean umm opps heh." Val said after a few moments of forgetting she had actually originally been talking to Jillian about who was an asshole before talking to herself she had actually been trying to work on that bad habit of hers for a while. It was a hard one to break after having been alone for so long with only herself to talk to though.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote        
Cedric was waiting in the nurse's station patiently. He gave Jodi a smile when she entered, and stood from the chair.

"Hello Jodi," he said, "Don't worry, you're not in trouble for anything at the moment, although we have noticed a certain behavior we'd like eliminated." Cedric crossed over to a large cooler and pulled it open with his good arm. He waved Jodi over and showed her the contents.

"This is our collection of blood and raw meat," Cedric explained, "It's how we feed our fledglings, and those who do not have permission to leave the nest. As you may notice, it's quite low. We ask that those who are allowed out to bolster our supply, so that our younger brothers and sisters do not starve." Cedric pulled the cooler lid down, and it shut with a startling crash. Cedric leaned over Jodi, folding his arm across his chest.

"You've been remiss in this particular duty," the vampire said, the warmth gone from his voice, "I'd like you to remedy that. Aelita has been going out on regular trips to hunt for more fledglings. You are to accompany her for the foreseeable future, until we're certain you've established the habit instead of gorging yourself? Understood?"

---------------------------------------------

Jillian glanced up from her phone, surprised that anyone was talking to her. She could feel the influence from the full moon already, telling her to get out of the damn warehouse and shift, and it made focusing difficult.

"Uh..." Jillian said, after the woman rambled on for a minute, "Who're you?" Realizing that was probably rude, Jillian added, "Sorry, I'm bad with names and faces." Pretty much every wolf in the warehouse was new, both to the pack and to lycanthropy in general, so Jillian hadn't had time to get to know them all.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:39 am Reply with quote        
She was extremely nervous. She was used to living with someone else- before now, she'd always lived with her sister. However, these people would be strangers. That was scary- but she had to do it. She had to agree to it when she was at school, and she couldn't back out now!

Carefully, she opened the door to the apartment when she heard a call that it was alright. Her blond hair covered part of her face as she peaked in cautiously before entering properly, wheeling only one piece of luggage to move in with. Standing inside, she closed the door behind her- but she closed it harder than she expected, and jumped at the noise. Turning towards where the voice had come from the arm chair, before staring at her feet.

"Um, I..I-I'm Linear...F-From the...white magic school...I-I was told...I needed to move... in here today...

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 pm Reply with quote        
Jodi smiled, being sure to let her fangs show. She knew it wouldn't intimidate the other vampire much, but it had become a habit around male, especially the male vampires. She stood from the chair and looked inside the cooler. Her fangs extended even more and her stomach growled.

Her hunger momentarily distracted her, so she was unprepared when the lid slammed down. She jumped and her eyes darted to Cedric's, noting that he was much closer. She leaped back in reflex and swallowed the growl in her throat.

Quickly regaining composure, she straightened her shoulders and bared her teeth in something that may have resembled a smile, but wasn't quite there. "Of course. I would be delighted, sir." She giggled and tucked her hair behind her ear, batting her eyelashes at him flirtatiously. "And when will this first hunting trip begin? Are you coming with us as well?" she asked with false innocence.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:35 pm Reply with quote        
Sean rubbed the sleep from his eyes and stuffed Jasper into his pocket, and rolled off the chair when the young woman entered.

"Linear huh?" he asked, "that's a...different name. I'm uh...I'm Sean. Necromancer. The higher-ups told me to um...keep an eye on the place, I guess?" Sean scowled at the menial assignment, and Jasper chattered at him from inside his sweatshirt. Sean silenced the weasel by shoving his fist into the pocket, and gave a wan smile to the white mage.

"Um, so I guess you're gonna be staying here a while," he continued, "The place is plenty big enough, so you can just grab any room you want back there, okay?" Sean nodded down the hallway.

"More people should show up," the young necromancer said, "Ev...entually. I think. I dunno. Do you have any more idea about what's actually going on?"

-------------------------------------

Cedric turned away from the diminutive vampire and limped back over to his chair.

"You'll have to ask her that," Cedric said, answering Jodi's question, "I'm not the one in charge of her. But I believe she was planning an excursion for tonight. If you're fast, you should be able to catch her before she goes." Cedric gave Jodi a dismissive wave.

"Aelita will probably be near the gym," he said, by way of goodbye, "Watch out for fledglings."

Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:51 pm Reply with quote        
She stared at him shyly- so this person was going to live there too? It seemed so far they were the only ones there. If it was as big as he made it sound, she could only try to guess how many others would join them. Hopefully for Linear it wasn't too many, or at least not too many talkative people. She could only hope for now.

"S-Sean is a...N-Nice name..." She mused quietly. She tried to notice the weasel, but was unsure if it was safe to mention it- after all, Sean seemed quite intent on hiding it from her. "U-Um do you...Have a room already...? S-Since it'd be bad if...I tried to use it on accident, so..."

She knew little in general, especially about this situation. "I...Don't really get it...I-I mean any of it...W-Was living arrangements...like this...Er, were they always this way? I-I had always thought it was a bit more simple...T-This seems sort of strange to me...But they wouldn't say anything but to move here..."

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:36 pm Reply with quote        
Jodi pouted but then smiled, her eyes boring into the retreating vampire's back. "I'll be sure to ask her. Goodbye, Cedric."

She ground her teeth as she left the nurse's office and headed for the gym; god, it fucking sucked to be twelve. Not only did everyone treat her like the twelve year old she looked like, she had practically no boobs to fill out her tank top, so she made do (due?) with a push up bra. Although she had begun to curve and bend into the silhouette of a woman before her turning, she still had a rather boyish and childish figure.

Memories of her turning boiled up in her and as usual, came out as rage. Snarling, she turned and slammed her twelve-year-old fist into the wall with all 189-years of vampire strength as she turned the corner. The burning pain in her knuckles throbbed in the background as she stared at the cracks emanating from the contact point in satisfaction.

People might not treat me like the adult that I am, she thought, but they don't have to know my age to know they should be afraid of me.

Calmer and more composed, she continued towards the gym to find Aelita.

KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh right introductions and stuff like that. My names Valencia but most people call me Val." She said having forgotten that she was rather new to the pack and not many people would actually know her yet. She had actually been surprised to find such a large pack to join up with in the first place. Of course after two years alone finding anyone else that was like yourself seemed to be a miracle in Val's mind.

"Um so what's your name?" She said after a few seconds of being lost in her own thoughts again this time not voicing them aloud.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
Sean shifted around, trying to think of a way to lessen all the awkward.

"Yeah," he said, "I do, but y'know, there're a bunch so...I should probably write my name on the door or something. Hmmm..." Sean started patting his pockets, and after a moment he triumphantly pulled out a thick sharpie.

"Here you go," he said, smiling, "Write your name on whatever room you pick. I'll do the same. Then I guess...dinner? I haven't eaten yet. Order a pizza or something and we can figure out, like, what it is we're supposed to be doing and...yeah." The sentence trailed off kind of lamely. Jasper, sensing the overwhelming awkward, took a nice big chomp out of Sean's finger, eliciting a doze curses in a handful of different languages.

"Jasper," Sean groaned, "wants to say hi." Sean brought the weasel up to eye height, and made a waving gesture.

"Jasper, Linear. Linear, Jasper. Now go, you stupid rat." Sean let Jasper fall to the floor and the weasel scampered off to the rooms.

"Sorry...he's a scamp," Sean apologized, "Harmless, except for a few nips here and there. Feed him, though, and he's your friend for life. I'll let you go unpack or whatever."

---------------------------------

Aelita tossed the fledgling headfirst into the gym, slamming the heavy doors shut. The vampire brushed her hands on her skirt and turn, almost tripping over Jodi.

"Hey, move it shrimp!" Aelita cried as she spun out of the way. Somehow, despite wearing four inch heels, she didn't fall over. Aelita turned back and recognized the girl.

"Oh, hey, it's...Jodi, right?" she asked, "You're the dolbo yeb Cedric wants to be useful. Aw shit, he wants to send you with me? Tch, dammit...tell me exactly what he told you to do? If that huiplet wants me to babysit, I'll rip his other arm off." Aelita sighed, and tapped her chin with perfectly manicured fingernails, a scowl marring her delicate features.

--------------------

"That intro was reeeeeeally enlightening," Jillian commented, "Oh wait, you're the newbie chick we just found from that other pack that got wiped out, yeah? Okay, cool, I know you. Sssssorta." Jillian shrugged and tapped a few keys on her phone.

"I'm Jillian," the werewolf said, not bothering to extend a handshake, "I'm the Beta for the Montana pack. But for tonight I'm your babysitter. Wheee..." Jillian waved her index finger in the air in a sarcastic expression of celebration. She continued texting her friend, trying to distract herself from the moon's urging.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote        
Trevor sat in his room, with a bored expression on his face. Well, he wasn't really sitting, per say, more like lounging with his feet up and his head hanging off the seat of the plush armchair in the corner of the room. But what was there in semantics to worry about? He sighed, flipping through the pages of an old and well-read book, utterly bored.

Letting the book slide limply from his fingers, he turned his attentions to his thoughts, ignoring the room around him entirely. "Sloppy eaters" they had said; that didn't bode well for going unnoticed, and he had no real desire to be noticed any time soon. Oh well, if he had to, he could always leave this school. Although he would kind of hate to leave, he had only just gotten here a few months ago, but already he was developing a certain fondness for the school, and strangely enough he enjoyed watching the fledgling vampires. He was old enough to take care of himself, and wise enough to know that life alone could be more dangerous than not. Oh well, he could worry about that later. Right now, he had more...pressing...matters to attend to.

At this this last thought, his stomach gave a little growl and flipped uncomfortably. He licked at his fangs with a sigh, and somersaulted out of the chair in a surprisingly graceful manner. Running his fingers through his hair, he stretched and gave a huge yawn; the gesture was more for dramatic effect than out of necessity. He grabbed up a pair of ridiculous-looking bright yellow shutter shades and perched them on his nose before loping gracefully out into the hallway with a somewhat clueless smile. It was a full moon tonight, and he was generally opposed to hunting under such circumstances (all kinds of creepy crawlers liked to lurk about in the moonlight, not the least of which were werewolves and vampires like himself) but at the moment the thought hadn't yet occurred to him to be bothered.
ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote        
Jodi stared with envy at Aelita's feminine form and flashed a smile. "He told me I was to go hunting with you. To bring back food for the fledglings. And don't worry, I'm too old to be babysat." She bared her teeth in that same not-quite-there smile as before, her dimples showing.

Even scowling the vampire was gorgeous beyond belief; Jodi felt a definite twinge of jealousy as she examined her. She had always been grudgingly in awe of Aelita, her grace, her accented voice, her strength and cool demeanor. It was everything a twelve year old could want.