Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote        
This is the OOC for my yet-to-be-begun roleplay, called:

Naturally Dark

Accepting applications
-----------------------------------
Rules

1. This is my roleplay. What I say goes, and I’m allowed to change my mind on stuff.
2. Respect each other. I doubt this needs to be said, because we’re a pretty chill bunch here, but still. Be awesome.
3. Follow Midorea’s rules. Because Cat’s very nice to let us have fun on here, so we should be nice back.
4. This is a literate roleplay. I do not expect pages of text, but give an effort, yeah?
5. I like proper grammar and spelling. It makes me feel good about myself, instead of crying into my pillow
6. I’d like you guys to post at least once a week. After a week without activity, I’ll shoot you a PM. After two weeks, whoever your character is interacting with has free reign over your character’s actions (to a point…I’ll make sure it doesn’t go overboard).
7. Just…don’t be a dick?
Cool, those are the rules. If you guys have any questions, suggestions, ideas, criticisms, or funny cat pics, shoot ‘em to me.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote        
Intro:

The year is 1623. The vampires are more populous than they ever have been before, led by one old-beyond-ancient beast known as the Master. Werewolves are numerous as well, their numbers swelling to match the growth of their cold cousins. Magicians are few, though, and lack the great power of the curse-bearers.

It seems as if the world will be overtaken by the vampires, but then the Master is attacked by the elite werewolf force known as the Unlit, and thus begins the War of the Cursed. The War of the Cursed was a devastating, prolonged conflict between the vampires and werewolves, and there were no winners. Only after each race had been truly decimated, leaving only a broken handful of each behind, did the Night War end.

A few hundred years pass. The schools of magic find new talent to train. Werewolves and vampires settle into a routine of hatred and passive aggressive territory fighting. The humans, for the most part, remain oblivious. Each faction is rebuilding itself, slowly. The largest werewolf pack in the world is situated in Montana, numbering in the hundreds, a force unheard of for centuries. The vampires find new methods of feeding, subtler ways to avoid detection, and spread all over the world. Magic-schools generate the power to create a sub-pocket in space to train their finds, each competing with the other to make the greatest leaps forward.

Present day: A small nest of vampires settles down in an abandoned school a few miles outside a city in eastern Montana, painfully oblivious of the massive werewolf pack defending the territory. A small contingent of young magic-users are tested in the city. Human police notice the strange goings-on, but are not overly suspicious. Hunters are overly suspicious.

Tell me…what will you do?

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote        
Setting:

Our story takes place in and around the city of Placopolis, a city in eastern Montana. This city is not large, only seventy thousand people inside the city limits, and it’s surrounded with a dense wood. Billings, the capital of Montana, is a six hour drive to the southwest, and there are a few little towns, none of them are really worth mentioning. The city has one large public park, a flourishing business district, a rather cramped residential district, and kinda crappy food. There’re a few bars, couple of Olive Gardens and McDonalds, and a handful of decent family owned restaurants. By far and away, the best food in the city can be found on food trucks, which is cheap too. There isn’t too much of interest in Placopolis, besides what you can make interesting. It’s Montana. Unfortunately for you guys, it’s fall. School’s in session, and it’s getting kinda chilly. Bundle up!

Malverne
Writer

Races:

Vampire: You are a member of the legion of the undead. Congratulations. You are stronger, faster, and generally just better than the human you used to be. The exact level of your strength depends on your last meal, which yes, will have been blood. Human’s the strongest, but you can settle for draining large animals, and will suck raw meat dry if you have no other choice. You cannot go out in the sunlight, or enter uninvited into a home that’s occupied by anything human. Religious symbols, silver, running water…they’re all an inconvenience, but the only thing that’s gonna full on stop you is a stake through the heart (good thing you’ve got ribs, right?), decapitation, and immolation. You probably belong to a nest, and depending on your age, you could have any number of ranks. If you are young, only a few months, don’t expect much freedom at all. Fledglings are dangerous unsupervised. If you’re older, a few decades maybe, you’re muscle. Grunt work. If you’re a century…well, at that point, you’re entrusted with a crony or two, and have the freedom to make decisions for the good of the nest. Your boss…well, you don’t know who he is. You get your orders from lieutenants, and you do what they tell you. You’ve seen enough troublemakers meet the sun to disobey.

Werewolf: You are a cursed creature, forced to shift forms into an anthropomorphic wolf in the light of the full moon. It’s not comfortable, and it’s not easy to control yourself. But when it’s not the full moon, you’re golden! Your senses are better, you’re more physically capable, all that stuff! You operate on animal instinct, and you listen to your Alpha. Chief in your mind is survival, obedience, and eating. There are no vegetarian werewolves. Regardless of how you became a werewolf, you do not whine to your superiors, not even about the shortened lifespan you are forced into. That’s right, sorry. Most werewolves don’t live past fifty. Silver hurts like a bitch and takes away most of your physical prowess, but you can be killed just like a normal human. Admittedly, you can shrug off most of your wounds, either through a beserker rage (yeah, you’ve got a bit of a temper) or just by knowing that they’ll heal and the pain is temporary, so it’s difficult to actually knock you down without a silver bullet.

Magic-User: Dude, awesome. You can cast spells! It’ll take a while to learn how, but still, you’re cool. There are six schools of magic you could be suited for: Elementalism, Necromancy, White Magic, Sorcery, Enchanting, aaaaaand Summoning. Or you could be a witch, without a school, and have basically figured it out for yourself. Whichever one you happen to belong to, you have some pretty cool tricks up your sleeve. Depending on your school, you can do anything from casting illusions, raising the dead (both in skeleton form or bringing someone back to life), throwing fireballs, and summoning a horde of imps. If you are in a school, you go to classes. If you show talent, you might have a mentor, an older magic-user who knows a ton more than you do, and feels like helping you out. Also depending on your skill set, you may have an increased lifespan. Necromancers, White Mages, and Witches all do not age. Sorcerers age slowly, depending on their skill. Enchanters and Summoners age normally, but Elementalists burn fast. Generally not more than sixty years. Sorry guys. Each school has their own strengths and weaknesses, but it is not your choice, which school you are in. It all depends on what sort of energy you are capable of manipulating, physically and mentally. The schools pick you up as a child, whether you like it or not. You don’t like dead things, but you’re found by the Necromancy? Welp, you’re kinda screwed.

Hunter: You are one of the most badass people to walk the earth. A human, a mundane with nothing extraordinary, choosing to enter the magical world and just mess everything up. Hunters are always at peak physical ability, and are skilled with all sorts of weapons, as well as military strategy and tactics. Hunters work under a strict code, which varies from hunter to hunter. Some hunters only attack those who kill mundane. Others kill everything they come across with a hint of the supernatural. Some are set out to destroy one specific subset, and don’t care about the rest of the lot. Most float somewhere in the middle. Hunters normally work solo, pairs, or with their family. The power structure is loose, allowing for a melding of minds, and everyone can contribute.

Mundane: Well…you’re human. You’re normal. You’re kinda useless, except as food. But hey, you’re just bursting with potential! You could be anything!

Malverne
Writer

Factions:

Main Nest: The nest occupying the abandoned school outside the city. This is a relatively large nest, with over fifty vampires total, although a large chunk of that number is fledglings, baby vampires without any impulse control or freedom.

Montana Pack: the large werewolf pack spread throughout Montana, numbering almost two hundred. The leader is a werewolf named Will Darksight, and his Beta is Jillian Moonlit. The pack is made up mostly of young adults with no family besides the pack.

Various magic schools: The physical location of these schools is not on this dimension, existing in their own little pockets, and are separate from each other. However, a handful of students, all decent in their craft but still far from mastery, share an apartment in the city for some unknown purpose.

Unaligned (solo): For a vampire, this means you live alone. You live alone, you hunt alone, you survive alone, and you answer to no one. For a werewolf, this means you have either left, been kicked out, or survived the destruction of your pack. You are looking for a new one. For a magic-user, you are a hedge-witch, generally practicing magic without a real purpose besides, “Ooh, new spells!”

Hunter: You are a hunter of the supernatural, and your only loyalty is to your code. Hunters are automatically unaligned, but can work solo or with others. Hunters live in the city or out. It’s a pretty open book. Less of a faction and more of an occupation.

Mundane:
yeah, just a plain joe.

For more detailed information on various subjects, specifically the magic schools, I have written out what I think is helpful information riiiiight here! Enjoy~

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
Characters!

Accepted Characters will go here:

Linear Carina
Jodi Winchester
Valencia Stormweather
Trevor Cornell

Character Skeleton:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b] (pretty obvious.  If your character has nicknames, then put what they go by in here too)
[b]Race:[/b] (Race, species, that sorta thing.  Big ones will be vampire, werewolf, or human.  Magic-users are human.  If you wanna play something else, run it by me.  If you pick a human, specific which kind: magic-user, hunter, or mundane.)
[b]Gender: [/b](Uh…I hope I don’t have to explain this one)
[b]Age:[/b] (Vampires don’t age.  Some magic-users don’t either.  Some magic-users age, but don’t die.  Keep it reasonable though.  For the ones who don’t age, put both their actual age and their apparent age.)
[b]Faction:[/b] (Which group they are allied with.  All magic-users are allied with a magic-school except hedge-witches.  If you’re a hunter, tell me how many you normally work with; solo, family, network of connections, partner, that sorta thing)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (What your character looks like.  Feel free to use a picture, but I’d like a few sentences on how your character looks)
Personality: (You cannot have too much of this.  Basic personality is a must, but I’d also like to know what your character fears, and what your character’s big goal is.  How your character tackles challenges, faces failures, and deals with success)
[b]History: [/b](again, you cannot have too much.  I want basic backstory.  If your character isn’t a mundane, I want the basic story of how he/she came into the magical community; was it a family thing?  Random attack in the middle of the night?  Late nights reading magical lore that you were hopeful was true, and your hopes were, unfortunately, true?  Give me that, and how long your character’s been in the magical world.  Small anecdotes are welcome, and will give everyone a sense of your character, as well as his/her skill level.)

Please PM your application to me, and I'll post it in here once it's approved. If you want to play a magic-user, you should probably \pm me as the schools do vary in their standards pertaining to personality and age. And you might want to know what kinda magic you're getting into.

Note: the magic-users that I'd like you guys to play are not masters. They're still students, not graduated from their respective schools.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
NPCs

Detective Stanton:

Name: Detective Kelly Stanton
Race: Human-mundane
Faction: Unaligned

Appearance: Detective Stanton is a tall man, standing at six-foot-six, and he’s not exactly rail-thin either. Stanton spends his extra time in the gym, and it shows. His dress is relatively professional, generally involving dress pants, dress shirts, a tie, and a leather jacket. Stanton has dirty blonde hair that’s combed to the side, tan skin from spending plenty of time in the sun, and has some scruff on his chin. His eyes are brown and the wrinkles around them show he’s very practiced in glaring, but is a bit of an amateur in smiling. Stanton has two guns on him at all times, one on his shoulder holster, one on a holster around his ankle, and has spare clips on him as well.

Personality: Stanton is not a very happy man. He has been in the Army, and has travelled all over the world. He still has shrapnel in his shoulder from an IED. He is an idealist, though, and knows that his job protects people, like it should. The fact that people are going missing, or dying with eerily similar wounds but nothing else in common, is something that makes him…highly dissatisfied.

Sean:

Name: Sean Glynn
Race: Human-necromancer
Faction: Order of Necromancy

Appearance: Sean, like any necromancer, looks kinda like crap. His skin is darker than paper white, but not much, and has a gray cast to it. His eyes and hair are dark brown, and he’s of slightly less-than-average height and weight. That being said, it’s hard to see his frame through the baggy knit hoodies he wears, and it’s hard to see just how thin his hair is because of the beanie yanked down over his head. Like any self-respecting mildly ‘cool dude,’ Sean wears skinny jeans and oversized sneakers, and has a pair of sunglasses that he puts over his eyes. Sean has a chain around his neck, and on it hangs two rings. One is the black ring that allows him access to the Black School that all students have, and the other is a silver ring with a large, flat reflective stone.

Personality: Sean would have been a very well-rounded kid, probably getting an engineering degree at a local state school and pulling B’s, if he hadn’t been picked up by the Black School. He was thrown into a world he didn’t (still doesn’t) fully understand, and he’s kinda bitter about it. He’s confused about the current political machinations, and knows that there’s a lot at risk. Sean’s smart enough to get that this arrangement is weird as hell. He also knows who put it together, and is just in general rather mistrustful of everyone involved. That being said, he knows that most of the people coming into the apartment are generally better at magic than him, and probably will do his best not to get himself blown up.

Will Darksight:

Name: Will Darksight
Race: Werewolf
Faction: Montana pack

Appearance: Will is a short, stocky Asian man. He has black hair, cut pretty short, and dark brown eyes, and you can tell by looking at that annoying smirk that he thinks a lot of himself. Will generally wears jeans, boots, and a crew cut t-shirt that shows his muscles. As a wolf, Will is still not very tall, and has white fur with black stripes, and brown eyes.

Personality: Frankly, Will’s an ass. But he’s Alpha, so he can get away with it. Unlike most wolves, Will doesn’t believe in honor, or a fair fight. He just wants to win. Will’s known for being aggressive, and has killed one or two wolves who mouthed off to him. He sees what he wants, and takes it, and who cares about the consequences? Will is arrogant, and feels he cannot lose, and frankly, with the largest werewolf pack in the States behind him, not that many are going to try to best him.

Jillian Moonlit
:

Name: Jillian Moonlit
Race: Werewolf
Faction: Montana Pack

Appearance: Jillian is a wiry black woman, muscled but tiny. She has little hair, a tiny little fuzz on her scalp that’s a lighter brown than her skin, almost red, that she keeps short on purpose, and dark brown eyes. Jillian wears worn jeans and hiking boots, as well as a work shirt and a well worn jacket. In her wolf form, Jillian has dark fur with russet brown hints throughout.

Personality: Jillian, at her core, is a nice person. She’s highly driven, like most werewolves, and has a temper, but her interest is in the good of her people. She wants to help her pack, and hates bending her moral code. Jillian has no patience for BS, and yet has found herself sitting beneath the biggest asshole in the entire pack. Awesome.

Aelita:

Name: Aelita
Race: Vampire
Faction: Main Nest-chief lieutenant. In charge of orders and increasing numbers.

Appearance: Aelita is an incredibly pale, tall (six feet barefoot), attractive woman, with long blond hair that falls to her waist. Her eyes are a stunning dark blue, and Aelita makes sure that everyone knows exactly how gorgeous she is. She wears a miniskirt over dark tights, and a form-fitting top, with a trendy jacket, as well as a gray ushanka on her head. She accessorizes with jewelry and the like, and has a glittering smile that’s a little too dangerous for someone so beautiful. Aelita speaks with a noticeable Russian accent.

Personality: Aelita is an ice queen. She’s sadistic and cold, as well as an accomplished seductress. When she wants something, she takes it, and cannot be cowed by anyone or anything. Something gets in her way? Aelita will mow it down. Someone tries to stop her? Not for long. If situation requires her to be subtle, Aelita can seduce her way through a human obstacle. If no one is watching, though, Aelita prefers using excessive force. And yet, for some reason, she’s not the one in charge of discipline. I wonder why…

Cedric:

Name: Cedric
Race: Vampire
Faction: Main Nest

Appearance: Cedric is the warmer (metaphorically; he’s room temperature just like other vampires) side of Aelita. He is a handsome young man, quite small, actually, with tan skin, dark, curly hair, and warm brown eyes. He’s even got a damn dimple. Cedric wears dark jeans and hiking boots, but what makes him noticeable is the scratchy wool dark green World War II jacket that he wears, complete with patches and chevrons indicating rank of lance corporal. Also, Cedric’s right arm is gone just below the elbow, leaving the right sleeve limp, and he walks with a bad limp, favoring his right leg. As a Brit, he speaks with an accent, but his years in the States have reduced it to a minor change in pronunciation.

Personality: Cedric, once again the opposite of Aelita, is a kind man. Instead of charming with his body, Cedric charms with his soul. His smile is warm, and his fangs are rarely out so there is no hint as to his predatory nature. Cedric lacks that brutality that Aelita has used to excel, but is instead fiercely intelligent, in ways that are hard to describe. His grasp of military strategy and psychology makes him a valuable asset to any nest, especially one as pivotal as the Main Nest.

Keandra Lawson

Name: Keandra Lawson
Race: Human-Hunter
Faction: Unaligned-solo hunter.

Appearance: Keandra is one badass bitch. She’s of mixed race, half black, half white, with light brown skin and dark brown eyes and hair, shoulder-length, that she often throws into a simple ponytail, but a fair bit of the hair around her face falls out and frames her face. Keandra, as a hunter, is physically powerful for a human, and she has the body of an Olympic athlete. When on a hunt, she wears a longsleeved black shirt, black jeans with a belt for all her gadgets, a gun strapped to her right thigh, a knife strapped to her left calf, and hiking boots. She also has an older, brown leather jacket with scratches and marks from the years of use. Keandra is scarred from her years as a hunter, which is why she normally wears long sleeves. Keandra often hunts with a sniper rifle, so she has a sling for that on her back.

Personality: Keandra had much of her girlishness driven out of her by her hunting. She tolerates no mistakes, for mistakes mean death. Keandra views her hunting as a humanitarian service, that she’s putting down dangerous monsters and protecting people much the way that firemen do. Magic is a force of nature, just like fire, but we can’t just let it run wild, can we? However, Keandra’s indomitable spirit to keep hunting has been distracted by a very large project that has brought her to Montana of all places.

Note: These guys are all mine, but feel free to kinda just make up your own NPC’s that populate your character’s life. I'll add them in here. I will also put up more details about these guys, and possibly be adding more as I see fit.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:19 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved in case I think of something else I missed.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote        
So, um, if you want to post in here and chat, go for it.

-waits nervously-

Tsemara

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm... This looks interesting. I have a couple people in my character pool that might work here. Though I don't know if I want to make a Hunter, a Werewolf, or an Elementalist. (Though for some reason the thought of making a Necromancer is tempting as well.)

Malverne wrote:
Hang on...you went to attack a coyote...with a KATANA?! Dude, that's so badass.
Kinslayer6788

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
if you want to let me Ill make a character, and this time ill post. PROMISE!!!!! I'm thinking of making either a Vamp or a hunter. I do also make a Mage
Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote        
Make whatcha want guys. If you guys do decide to make a magic-user, lemme know what school so I can make sure you guys know what's what. Or...I can just put it in that last post I reserved. We'll see, I still have to write most of it up.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote        
A'ight guys, we have our first character! It's Juneberry's, who will be joining as Linear Carina, the White Mage.

Also, I forgot to mention that I've been making a dump for information about this thing. It's currently sitting the Storybook. Once I feel that it's complete, I'll put a link up, but for now, it's just sitting there, being read if you're curious.

Malverne
Writer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote        
And we have our second character, played by Ravebloodnymph! WOO!

How're you guys doing, Tse and Kin? You need any help with your characters?

ravebloodnymph

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Whoo, fuckin' Jodi in the hizz-ouse.