Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Importance of Class, Alignment, etc?
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote        
I was wondering if Class, Alignment, Element, and Race had any effect on anything. Do they effect the battle system? Skills?
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote        
Yup, those things (only) affect your battle system character (i.e not your avatar and the like).

Class is the most important things because your basic stats (mostly HP) will depend of that. I normally suggest picking one with the most HP as it will help you survive in the battle system, which makes it more fun and all. Wink
Element and race will modify your skills and stats respectively. You can find a list of what they do in the Newcomer Help Center (linked in my signature, or maybe it's in the old one, but it should be linked someone inside the new one anyway).
Alignment... I'm not sure, I think certain weapons can only be used if you have the right alignment, but other than that I don't think it does much.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote        
Oh sweet. I had looked at the old newcomers guide but couldn't find anything about it - probably beacuse I was being spacey.

So, I've got one follow up question with which I'm refering to the huge black of text below:

Quote:
"Training a skill or characteristic are pretty useless since they costs so much, but the two last options are interesting. "Promotion" will be used when your character has gathered enough experiences in a certain class to change into a better one, while the "change class" option can be used at any time and will give access to basic classes. "

When do I know when I have enough experiance to get Promoted into a better class?
Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote        
Hm, there's no real indication of it anywhere I think, but you can get promoted at level 10 (and 20 I think), but you also need to have good enough stats. It's sorta hard to find exactly what is "good enough" though, but I guess as long as you keep most things around 20 you should be fine.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:12 pm Reply with quote        
Hmm, I just reached level 14 yesterday but still can't get a promotion. I'll have to analyze my stats and see what's low.

I've fleed quite a bit, I wonder if that has an effect...lol.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote        
We're currently working with classes, so things are going to change, but here is what they look like now:

Required stats for promotion:
STR: 15
DEX: 20
CON: 15
INT: 15
INT: 15

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote        
Fleeing has no effect. However, your dexterity is very low, and unfortunately... the upgrade for your current class requires a very high dexterity at the moment. ><

Edit: Ninja'd by Chu, darn xD

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote        
Oh man, I have a dexterity of 9 and I need to get to 20. Shocked
Time to buy more volleyballs.

Also, I would hug whoever came up with Panhandler to Uberninja. So funny. Hai
Areishia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote        
Well... now I regret not having invested in my dexterity more, still, I have a dex of 15 (I just bought one point... >.>), my character is lvl 10 and I need to be lvl 15 before being promoted so I guess I'll just invest in dexterity instead on strenght from now on and that's that (the other stats are all either 15 or 16, with the exception of strenght which is 2Cool.

So... I guess I'm good :3.
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote        
That image shows you a branch from the old class system. Go here to see the updated one:
http://midorea.com/viewtopic.php?t=10245

Locking this thread so people don't get confused.