Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh wow! That's so cool! You two are so lucky to have a gym leader for a dad..." Kali gaped in awe.

When Hiruka said those kind words, Caraway shrunk slightly, but beamed none-the-less, whispering another, "I'm so glad."

Kali turned to Li, laughing slightly, "Well I would hope so, after all of the songs I've helped him learn! I would hate to lose my practice buddy."

When Pie emerged, both Kali and Chesapi let out sounds of delight. Kali simply said hello to the pokemon, while Chesapi flew around Pie and chirped many greetings.

Budew whimpered at the sight of so many pokemon - birds no less - and Caraway picked her up, tucking her within her sweater.

"I see," She said the Hunter, still eying the Scyther nervously but already growing I little more used to it, "Well, as long as it's happy, I suppose. You're right, you wouldn't want to make him uncomfortable."

The rumble from Hiruka's stomach made Caraway giggle slightly, and she held out a small bag full of assorted berries towards the girl.

"It's fine, it's no trouble... Just save one or two for me to plant, if it's not too much to ask..."

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote        
Hiruka laughed nervously. On the one hand, they certainly were lucky to have a father with so much credence. However, there were downsides to having a well-known parent, whether really related or not. For Hiruka, who had been quite timid and silent as a child, it was troublesome when people always came to her knowing who she was and expecting her to respond. On the other hand, now that she'd opened up in recent years, she had plenty of people around her who would be there for her if needed. "I guess it is lucky...But I'm just happy because he's dad." She smiled gently as she spoke. She was very comfortable with their father, it seemed.

"Bugsy's okay, I guess," Hunter added meanwhile. Unlike Hiruka, he clearly didn't distinct the man as a family figure. Even Hiruka was still vaguely unrelated in his eyes, though he was more willing to call her family than the other. "He can be troublesome, but he means well, and he's always there for us so..."

"Yep! And Pokemon really like him too!" Hiruka cheered up speaking these words. Happy pokemon made her happy as well, and even moreso since she lived with them.

Li chuckled when Chesapi began to greet Pie, while Pie merely chirped uncertainly before returning the more cheerful antics. "So you're a singer, huh, Kali? It's nice that you two even share a talent and a hobby." He chuckled a bit, looking at Pie flying near him. "Hiruka and Spinny have trees, and we have each other, right Pie?" The bird cooed and nuzzled him with her feathers again, making him laugh. "Hey, that tickles."

Before Hunter could reply to Caraway, however, Li was already laughing from Hiruka's noisy stomach. He smiled when Caraway willingly gave the other girl food, seeing that Caraway seemed to be getting a bit more at ease with them, even if slowly. Traveling was better when you were comfortable with those with you, right? "Don't worry, she eats small amounts. She'll just take a few and give back the rest."

"Yep, I just need a few." She picked through the berries for just two or three, needing enough to satiate her stomach but not to overdo it. Having what she needed, she closed the bag with care and returned it to the rightful owner, smiling. "You have a lot of berries. Did you grow these yourself?" Before even awaiting an answer, she briskly put one of the sweeter berries into her mouth, her smile becoming more exuberant. "You must of- these are so tasty! Lots of love makes berries a lot tastier than wild grown- though wild grown berries are yummy too."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote        
Kali listened to the two talk about their father, and got the feeling that she should drop the subject. So, when Li started talking about singing, her attention was immediately on him. She smiled at the affection Pie was showing him; he was obviously a kind trainer.

"Well, you're close." Kali teased him, "Chesapi is the singer, my talents are as a musician. But, yes, it is nice that we have something to enjoy together! Right, Chesapi?"

Chesapi whistled, this time perching upon her hiker's pack. When Hiruka's stomach made a rumbling sound, she couldn't help but laugh along with Li. She already felt like the group was bonding with her and Caraway - though, she did tend to trust a little too easily... she had felt an instant connection with many people before that had ended up putting her in difficult situations, but this group didn't seem like the type to do that. The worst that could happen would probably be them changing their minds and ditching them.

Caraway blushed when Hiruka commented on the berries, nodding slightly with a hint of pride in her voice as she spoke, "Yes, I did grow these. There wasn't much to do in Floaroma town except gardening, particularly flowers and berries. These are all I had though, so I bought some from the flower shop before we left. Kali has them in her pack, I believe. If you want any more later, I would be happy to give you some."

Kali smiled fondly at how Caraway preened from the compliment, opening up in a way Kali was sure had rarely happened before. Even though she had just met Caraway, she could tell the girl had a kind nature and was looking forward to pulling her from her shell.

"We definitely need travel music." Kali commented, taking off her pack and digging through it while she walked, "You guys don't mind, right?"

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
"As long as it's you and not Hiruka, I'm fine with it." Li chimed with a smile. Hiruka pouted, but agreed as well- she wasn't much of a singer or musician. Her strengths were more in crafts and cooking. Pie was a bit musical, but most of those in their trio weren't. So, some live music from another would never be shunned by them.

"So you're a gardener," Hunter meanwhile kept up with Caraway's conversation with Hiruka. "If you like plants, you'd like our hometown. Lots of trees. Even the gym is full of plants." He gave a soft smile as he spoke, encouraging for a response. Hiruka giggled, nodding.

"And the apricorns are super fresh and tasty!"

Hunter smiled, knowing the girl meant to try to make friends with Caraway as well. However, he was somewhat uneasy himself, wondering how long it'd been since Hiruka first started being so lively with people. It was a good thing, yet somehow he sometimes had a feeling it was a false appearance- but, from her smile, he had to give the benefit of the doubt that it was real.

"Hiruka really loves food, as you can tell. That's why we let her do the cooking." He smiled, adding, "And now I know who to go to next time we need a supply of berries if there's none in town. If, of course, we're allowed to visit you after the journey ends."

"Hunter, the journey's just beginning! Is there really a reason to end it so soon?" Hiruka giggled, and he rolled his eyes. Li shook it off.

"You know what he means, Hiruka. Not so loud. We won't hear the traveling music."

Hiruka, confused, glanced at the boy with interest before turning to Kali for an answer. "Is my voice really that overpowering?"

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
"Aww, everyone can sing if they practice!" Kali muttered, taking out a long, thin case from her pack while she listened to the others.

"Well, I guess I am... There's never been anything else for me to do, and it's really calming..." Caraway smiled sheepishly. She didn't mention how even if there had been something else for her to try, she probably wouldn't have been allowed to.

"That sounds beautiful!" she exclaimed at the explanation of their home and gym, "I... I would love to visit. Though I doubt that would happen..."

Giggling at Hiruka, Caraway continued, "It's good that she has a healthy fixation on food, though. I've never done any cooking myself."

"...If, of course, we're allowed to visit you after the journey ends." The statement caught Caraway off guard, and for a moment she stares at Hunter like a stantler caught in the headlights. Hiruka makes a comment, though, smiling, and as Caraway watched her turn to Li and Kali, she takes a deep breath - or at least, she tries - and stares at the ground.

"I... of course you can." Caraway lets out softly, "I mean, if you really want to. Grams loves visitors... she would probably bake you all a pie and ask for your life stories."

When Hiruka turned to Kali, the girl couldn't help but giggle, "Trust me, Li hasn't heard me hyper yet. THAT is an overpowering voice. You've got nothing to worry about."

For a moment, she stopped, taking off her filthy t-shirt to reveal the black tank top underneath. Mopping up the dirt from her face and taking out her hair elastic, she set everything in her pack and opened her music case. From it she pulled a beautiful glass flute, and once everything was secure within her pack and back on her shoulders, she took a deep breath, and began playing.

Down, her hair was long and wavy, adding elegance to her worn appearance. A few bars into the song, Chesapi began whistling notes that matched what the lyrics should have been.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
The trio didn't know the background of the two girls, and in the case of the ones residing in a gym, it was pretty easy to respond because of that. "Why couldn't it happen?" Hiruka was the first to question her, Hunter following suit.

"It wouldn't be a problem on our side. Bugsy likes strangers, and gyms are generally public buildings- even if we also live there. So at least on our end, there's no problem. It's just a matter of you being able to come yourself, and wanting to, of course." He gave Caraway a pat on the head, lightly as if petting a frail animal. "But instead of worrying about the future, focus on the now. Either way, we're all together right now, aren't we? And we got to see you smiling, too. I think this journey in and of itself is already plenty to enjoy. Worry about the future in the future."

Hiruka and Li looked to each other and smiled with a slight laugh. Hunter was getting philosophical and smooth, which neither expected from him. It was hard to believe, and a bit entertaining. Hiruka, pleased that her brother was opening up for once, ran over and hugged onto him from the side so she could look at Caraway while doing so. "He's right! Let's enjoy this trip first! The rest can come later! Hunter has always been the smartest of us three. Listening to him tends to be a good idea."

"Are you claiming i'm not smart?" Li growled over at her, meanwhile. She giggled and turned her head towards her, sticking her tongue out in a playful manner before returning to leading the way out of the forest. When the music began, she swayed slightly in her steps, as if trying to waddle as a dance to the rhythm.

"So pretty."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote        
Shrinking down into her shoulders, Caraway couldn't look at Hiruka or Hunter as they conveyed their surprise. When Hunter pat her head she squeaked, her face going bright red with a blush. His words meant a lot to her though... She didn't have much of a future left, so he was right, she needed to just focus on the now.

"I... ok." She squeaked again, her voice a little too high pitched in her nervousness. She had gone from a lonely girl who didn't know anyone to traveling with four people who kept talking as though they had known each other all their lives. She liked it, but it was a lot to get used to...

When Kali began playing, Caraway noticed Ruellia squeaking along to the rhythm, and let herself calm down slightly.

"That was fun." Kali beamed once the song had finished, "Any requests? I know a LOT of songs... some are a little better than others, but still!"

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote        
"I want to hear...Whatever you want to play!" Hiruka giggled, smiling to Kali easily. Knowing that the group was all getting along so far was fine and dandy, but keeping busy and having something to focus on seemed to be helpful too. However, as they were walking, Hiruka went into a tree to double check where they were versus the exit. When she came down, a bit more carefully than last time, a thought popped into her head. "Say, what are you guys doing when you get to Eterna City? It'd be neat to hang out more even after we get out of the woods, don't you think?"

"That does sound like fun," Hunter admitted shyly. His voice, though still fairly regular pitch, was a bit hushed compared to usual. It was hard sometimes to admit what he wanted, perhaps? "Kali and Caraway are interesting. Don't you think you are too, Caraway?" He turned his attention to the shy girl once more, trying not to note the redness of her cheeks. How'd that come to be, anyway? He couldn't really remember her face being so red before, but opted to let it go. It could be his imagination, anyway.

"Well, Hiruka already said she wanted to make lunch...So we can all eat lunch together. Sound good? Good food, good company, and if Kali's still in a musical mood we have good music too. Seems like a good combination to me." Li agreed. He'd already been looking forward to the meal, but to have more fun with their new friends was never a bad idea. Pie chirped in unison, also wanting more time with them- especially Chesapi, who was keeping the big bird's interest with singing.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
"Oh, we should definitely hang out once we get there!" Kali said excitedly, "We didn't have much planned, anyways. We're just wandering - I promised Caraway we would start off closer to her home than not, just in case she wanted to back out, but..."

Looking over at Caraway, who was still blushing, Kali continued her sentence with pride, "I don't think she's going to."

Caraway looked up at Kali's words, and then to Hunter when he asked her a question. In response, she just shrugged, really embarrassed but not sure why.

"I... I don't know about interesting, but..." she tried, "I would definitely like to spend more time with everyone, too..."

"Lunch sounds great." Kali pointed at Li with her flute, then though for a moment before playing "Bad Apple". Chesapi fluttered in excitement - it was one of his favourite songs to sing to, so he was good at it... and if he wanted to show off a little to Pie, then that was just a bonus, right?

(If you don't know that song, here's a flute verison: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShGv9BZ2V9I
And a regular version with singing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLxGctIQJE)

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Hiruka smiled happily, since Kali agreed to spend time with them when they arrived. That meant more time with friends! Even if they were still strangers to some degree, they seemed safe enough to trust- and since she was with Hunter, it was that much more safe anyway. So, what harm could it do to give them some breathing room in her trust pendulum. When Caraway possibly backing out was noted, Hiruka giggled and turned to her. "Don't worry, it'll be fun! All of us together can make it plenty fun. Ruellia likely wants you to have fun too."

"There she goes again," Li groaned, shaking his head in regret. "You really do think of Pokemon as family, don't you? All of them."

"Why shouldn't I?" Hiruka pouted, rushing after Li before the flute began to play again. When it played, though the two didn't recognize the song, it certainly helped ease them by having something to distract them. Both smiled, Hunter laughing to himself mildly from behind, before turning to Caraway.

"As she said, it'll be fun...Even if it can be sort of intimidating. But we do mean well, so just tell us if you get nervous okay? This way, we can all work through the issues together. Hiding it won't do you any good either."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:35 pm Reply with quote        
Caraway smiled at Hunter's words, feeling a warmth spread through her chest.

"I... ok." She said, a little more confident, "I know I get nervous really easy, but what you said means a lot to me. I would love to become friends with you guys..."

She tried not to think about Hunter's comment on hiding her issues... she was definitely growing to like and trust these people very quickly, but Caraway was no where near ready to tell them about...

No, she couldn't tell anyone. People always looked at her like a glass doll afterwards.

"I think Hiruka's got the right idea," Kali said, belated due to her need to finish her song, "Pokemon are family! Chesapi is like a brother to me. Wild ones are kind of like in-laws..."

Chesapi gave a "tsk-tsk" sound, but Kali just shrugged.

"Anyone know how much farther it is to the city?"

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
Hunter smiled simply. He didn't expect to get her life story, and probably had little interest in hearing it right off the bat anyway. He was just used to trying to get along with people mildly. After all, his house was a house of strangers claiming to be family, in his eyes- but somehow, he was starting to actually believe what seemed like lies at the beginning. He was starting to think it was a bit better to open up, at least a little bit.

While he pondered, Hiruka was climbing up and down another tree to double-check the length of time until they reached the city. She wasn't very good with estimates, but as she saw they were reaching an old building soon enough, she could tell the city was quite nearby. When she came down, she giggled. "It won't be long now. We're almost there. I can see the entrance just past a big building. Though...I don't plan on looking at the building. It looks creepy."

"You think a lot of things are creepy," Li protested, but Hunter shook his head.

"Actually, she's only really scared of bodies of water and ghosts. So I'm guessing it just looks haunted to her." Shrugging his shoulders, he watched as Li changed quickly on subject after his response to Hiruka got shot down so instantly. Instead, it was to Kali's note about Hiruka's idea of family and pokemon.

"I'm the same, pretty much. Pie is like my sister, or a cousin. Though, I don't tend to look at wild Pokemon from such familial eyes. Meanwhile..." He eyed Hiruka, whose focus was on a wild combee in the trees nearby, a gingerly smile on her features. "She basically thinks she's siblings with all the Pokemon on the planet."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote        
"Bodies of water...?" Kali muttered under her breath, "What's scary about that?"

She shook her head, smiling, "Glad to hear we're almost out of this forest. And Li, I don't think there's anything wrong with Hiruka thinking like that. I think it's cute."

Chesapi chirped in agreement, taking to the air and soaring circles above the group.

"A haunted house sounds really scary..." Caraway squeaked, glad that Hiruka had no interest in checking the building out.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote        
Hiruka laughed nervously when asked what was scary about water- but she couldn't fully explain it. She knew she could learn how to swim, but somehow she just couldn't handle the ocean and lakes! Well, going in them. "Well...I mean, I like going to the beach for example. Just...I won't go in the water. "

"Yep, but if you let her, she'll play in the sand all day. Making really weird sand sculptures." Li laughed, getting a tap on the head before the girl rushed past him, as they were getting near the chateau that seemed to make her uneasy. Hunter, seeing Caraway seemed at least as nervous about ghosts as Hiruka, pat her head lightly.

"Nothing to worry about. Even if she wanted to go in, I'd wait outside with you if you didn't want to. I think one chaperon for those two is enough. Don't you?" He chuckled a bit, hoping his plain, bland joke would at least ease the tension in the girl's mind. After all, they were all already teenagers. Did they need that much severe supervision to begin with?

Soon enough, Hiruka seemed to stop still, pointing ahead to a light in the close counters next to her. "This light here marks the end of the forest road. After a bit of a lake we'll be in Eterna City. I can smell the honey tree from here."

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote        
Kali shrugged at Hiruka's explanation to her aversion of water. She still didn't get it, but she had been swimming since before she could remember, and thought perhaps she was taking it for granted.

Caraway giggles lightly when Hunter made his joke, smiling at him.
"Thanks," She said brightly, "I appreciate the sentiment."
After a few moments of hesitation, she stole her courage and continued with, "If Hiruka saw a ghost in there, I'm not sure any number of chaperons would be enough to keep her calm."

When Hiruka announced the end of the forest, Kali couldn't help but cheer.
"YES! We're so close! I can't wait to be in the city! It'll be so fun!"
Chesapi chirped in agreement, flying in a figure eight above her.

"A honey tree?" Caraway was surprised, and excited, "There's one of those near my grandmother's house! They're so relaxing to be near."

(Here's why.)

Currently questing: