Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:10 pm Reply with quote        
I'm so excited - I'm leaving on the bus tomorrow to go on a trip. Five days long, two of which are 8am -6pm travel times. I've never even been on a city bus before, so I'm kind of terrified, but I'm also so excited to be away from it all and get some hard work done on my novel.

Do you guys ride the bus a lot? Any trips you're going on?

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote        
Is it a Greyhound or similar bus then? That'll be fun, traveling with nothing else to do - especially if you don't have internet - always helped with my creativity and focus. You must be pretty close to finishing your novel by the sound of it too! Happy

I ride the bus to and from work occasionally, but i've never done anything long distance. My parents prefer trains and I usually go with them.
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote        
It is fun! Happy I'm cheating and using the internet on my phone right now, since I have a writing program on it as well. Makes it easier to write than pen and papering it on the bumpy road. And yes, It's an stc. Though, interesting enough, I'm actually in a taxi right now... With all the flooding they ran out of busses. Oh well. XD

I have two out of five chapters completely finished, and in these 5 days I want to completely finish chapter three. Most of it is writen already, though. XD

And I'm jealous! I've always wanted to go on a train...

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:09 am Reply with quote        
What is the writing program called? Or is that what stc is? Or is that a brand of phone.... ^^; I still have a button phone so I haven't explored too many app features yet.

What is your story about if you don't mind me asking? I'm a writer myself - participated in role plays over the years and a couple story plots of my own - but I'm too flakey of a person to finish anything.
Revolushion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote        
STC is the Saskatchewan Transit system, basically. It offers bus rides all over Saskatchewan. The writing program I use, I'm pretty sure is just called "Writer"... it's an android app for smartphones. Pretty basic, but it has everything you need on it. <3 And it comes in handy for those random ideas you get when you're in the middle of nowhere and all you have on you is your phone. xD

I don't mind at all! :3 Actually, I post it's info whenever someone asks - I'm really hoping to get it published, so the more interested readers I can gain, the better! xD

It's not exactly a children's book... haha. xD It's pretty dark and full of a lot of uncomfortable situations. Here's the basic info:

Novel: The Inner-Wonders of Wonderland: The Otherland Circus
Genre: Psychotic Fantasy
Synopsis: Many years after the passing of Lewis Carroll, the story of Alice continues. Within the halls of The Pauper’s Lunatic Mill a strange phenomenon nick-named "The Alice Effect" is being studied, changing the course of Wonderland's history forever. Unbeknownsed to the sane are the tales of each Alice and their journeys through the now deformed Wonderland. Follow Lizzie Lutwidge as she pursues the truths of the asylum's inhabitants, Wonderland, and her own past. Those who are sane best be losing themselves, as this is the realm of insanity.
Excerpt: “Through the alley and to the side lies a circus for the lost to find.”

Someone from NaNoWriMo even made me a book cover!
http://browse.deviantart.com/art/The-Otherland-Circus-270200585

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote        
It sounds like a neat way to force yourself to write- I should work on writing when I'm on the van to my day program. But...I have a hard time reading and such when I'm in a moving vehicle. I get pretty bad motion sickness. On the other hands, it might make it more comfortable, since public transport (even if specialized because of insurance) makes me unsettled naturally...

Writer is a good program. Nice and simple, but good. Though, it can be troublesome when I'm trying to use it for scripting out a comic chapter. Whenever I try to make panels in my program later, it keeps losing its place because it keeps timing out while I'm working on a panel. But it's great for writing otherwise. Takes time to get used to the bold and italic asterisk work though.

Your novel is pretty neat sounding. I hope it turns out well! I plan on working on a novel myself soon. My dad helped me realize a great one I could work on. Smile

Revolushion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote        
It sounds great, but I haven't really written more than 1,600 words... xD I was too preoccupied with the beautiful weather yesterday and shopping... xD
it's ugly outside today though, so I should be writing instead of being on here...

That's exactly why I use my phone. I can't read when I'm in a vehicle, and writing is too hard otherwise, so... xD

It does take a while to get used to, but still, like you said, it's a really good program. :3 I like it.

Thank you! Happy I'm glad you think do. <3 Not all of my works are quite as... demented... but if I don't finish this one my mom will murder me. xD She asks me every day when I'm going to be done because she NEEDS to read more! xD

I really hope yours goes well too. :3And I hope you finish it, because I'd love to read it some day. <3

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:18 pm Reply with quote        
I'll have to get the Writer program when I upgrade phones then. I've always just grabbed an old receipt from my purse when I get the sudden urge to write, but those receipts and napkins often get thrown away or used for tissue. ^^;

I actually really like the sound of your book! It's different than the vampire, werewolf, wizard thing that young adult fiction plays to - thank god. Also sounds like you book will include a colorful bunch of characters because not only is it a Wonderland-like story, but also includes asylum characters. Quirky, odd characters are my favorite to read.

Juneberry, what are your thoughts on your story?
Revolushion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote        
That was my issue too... even when I could find something to write on, the probability that it was going to be remembered later and not thrown out or somehow made illegible was slim. xD
I had gotten into the habit of texting myself what I'd write, but then I'd have two of everything and it just wasn't a great system. I highly recommend you do in fact download it when you get a new phone. *nods*

I've never really been into the whole vampire/werewolf thing that's been going on the past few years... When twilight first came out, I was in grade 10 and every girl in my school adored it, and my two friends kept forcing me to read them... but I just couldn't stand them. xD
Though I wouldn't classify myself as a twilight hater, simply because while I do hate the book and think the author has a crappy writing style, I don't actually think any less of people just because they do like the series. I mean, really, what does it matter? (And what is it with me and mini rants lately? Every time I post... xD)

You'll probably really be interested in my book, then. xD The characters are definitely insane... though it is pretty dark and deals with a lot of uncomfortable issues. There's mention of rape and bodily disfigurement... Just as a warning. xD

And I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I think June's book is going to be great. :3 I would love to read it one day. <3

(Here's why.)

Currently questing: