Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic ok so i've been dorking around for a couple days...
damagedalice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote        
I'd like to preface this by saying great job on everything so far. I like the look and feel of the site, but I've noticed some things that kinda bug me. I don't know if it's been mentioned but it's not on the first page that I saw.

First off, I love the dream avatar thing you have, quite a cool feature, but... there's no information at all from it. something like in the info box that tells you the item name, it tells you where to get it, the price, etc, or for monster drops a hint to which monster drops it.

perhaps item design contests? gaia online has them every so often and has a shop dedicated to user submitted items. it's a pretty cool thought and since we seem to have so many creative users, I could see some pretty amazing things coming out of their heads.

I didn't see it in the official thread but collars? leashes optional. I could even design them if it'd help. Sweat I have a few sitting in files waiting to be used somewhere.

I also notice a distinct lack of goth fashion. y'know like Tripp pants, torn clothes, spikes... unless I missed it, if so please point me in the right direction, that'd be awesome.

and on that note, only 2 different goggles? and only one lens color. I'm wearing spiked goggles with neon orange lenses as I type this.

umh. I think I'mma stop now before I seem to be bitching...

so... uh... yea... that's all I got for now.

oh wait NUN CLOTHES! we totally need habits and wimples (habit is the dress wimple is the hood... thing...) yea... I'll shut up now.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote        
You aren't bitching, and thank you for the feedback. Can't say anything about the art stuff, but I'll see if I can do something for the dream avatar stuff! ^^

Also, feel free to post any more suggestions. Feedback is always welcome Weeeee
(unless it's nonconstructive criticism, in which case it's nonconstructive and snarky)

Why you ask? Because I am the Mad King of Midorea!
I accept and encourage donations of copper!
Want a good deal, and silver? Exchange here!
damagedalice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:03 am Reply with quote        
i haven't noticed any other particular programming problems... oh wait IMPS. there's no way for a newbie to beat an imp, 100 hp doing 5 per hit at most you need 20 turns, when i fought an imp it did minimum of 3 per hit it only needs 10 turns to kill you. yes buying armor and all... but as a newbie shouldn't you only get things that can't obliterate you? maybe make imps a level 2 thing?
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:07 am Reply with quote        
Now that is a fixable and common complaint. I need to go over with cat(I do have the ability and some authority, but I like to clear it with her beforehand)

Basically I would like to be able to make monster difficulty correspond to level, and revamp how rewards word(currently experience and silver don't scale well with higher levels)

the reason for some of the stronger monsters at lower levels is events where they want to have a rare monster with a reward, but want lower level/new players to have access.

In any case, sometime today I'll be sure to escalate this to cat for you.

damagedalice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:15 am Reply with quote        
rare monsters with guaranteed reward sounds like a really cool idea. maybe make some special baby dragons that always drop one of the wings.

what about an item forge system or alchemy system... like in megaman legends for the weapons. like let's see... off the top of my head, cloth, weak adhesivex2, abtibotic spray and cotton to make a bandaid that heals for double the normal bandaids.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote        
Well, if we had a few recipes, maybe I could whip up something.

Adding that to the list too. But I can't guarantee anything right now.

And there are actually baby dragons, now if they are still activated I don't know.

damagedalice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote        
there are but I mean special versions that guarantee a drop. for example a poisoned baby dragon that always drops earth wings or a burnt baby dragon that always drops fire wings.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 am Reply with quote        
They don't always drop wings now? (isn't sure)

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote        
Like max, I can't really say anything for the item suggestions, although the idea of a shop for user submitted items is interesting... And Midorea does have item design contests of one form or another during events sometimes --either BMI designs or item sets or hair iirc so far.

The baby dragon wings are still available, but no they don't drop every time. I've never had any drop for me in all the time I've been on the site, but I have seen them do so for others. They're supposed to be extremely rare. If it was possible to make 'rare' versions of monsters that might be an interesting extra way to get the wings, but I don't know if it is with the current system.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote        
Ace, if what you say is true, it seems a tad redundant. A rare monster with a rare chance to drop lowers the probability too much in my opinion.

Maybe one or the other, in this case I'd say rare monster+ guaranteed drop.

Also, I believe we should have a forum for pure user item creations, like a marketing forum where users pitch their products to Mido, and cat+ a few mods who make a board/committee, decide whether or not to add the item.

That'd be neat.

Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote        
Oh, that's what I meant when I said a rare monster might be a good way to do it. xD as an alternative, not that it should also have only a slight possibility of dropping the wings.

Uni has swallowed me whole, in more ways than one, sorry guys. Feel free to PM any questions (or nonquestions {or anything else, no limits here}) you have, although I don't know when I'll get to them since I'm barely on atm.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote        
(jumping in before I have to leave xP) We have a few elemental baby dragons in the system, and they do drop wings, but the drops are extremely rare.
As it is the drop system is out of balance for the most part, so we resorted to making them extremely rare instead of having the system flooded with the wings, essentially making them worthless. Hope that helps. Hai

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
MaxR
Programmer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote        
Yes, but doesn't the dragon appearances being rare sort of balance that out?

Especially if you made them a higher level since they are stronger than average monsters and thus the user would have to level up and then have a rare chance of finding them before being able to get the wings.

damagedalice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:41 am Reply with quote        
hi there cat! no I wasn't saying make them more common, I was just thinking it'd be cool to have rare monsters that guaranteed drops or dropped specil items you can't get elsewhere. like umh... dry dragon would ALWAYS drop a Dragon Bone Armor, but encountering one would be very rare and the armor would have high def but low use count so if you wanted to keep it you'd have to keep it repaired. unless you happened to run into another dry dragon. ("dry" is the term in Mario for a skeletal version)
Weaseldale

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:44 am Reply with quote        
I'm a little confused as to what/who you're replying to, Max...

And is it actually possible to change the rarity of monsters? It's not an option at all in my menu for it, but I don't know what kind of things there are on the programming side of things. xD

If it is possible to make rare versions of monsters, in a way that wasn't completely imbalanced like the drops system preferably, that would be great. Because the monsters themselves would be rare, the items would be guaranteed... I think it would be a great way to add more items to the battle system, I just dunno if it's possible.