Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Storybook
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:00 pm Reply with quote        
Welcome!

♦ What is the Random 5 Project?

The R5P is a personal project of mine involving a writing game my mother and I have been playing for many years. Basically, I am asking everyone on Midorea to supply me with 5 random words, which I then use as inspiration for a short story. All of those stories will then be edited and posted here, and eventually (and hopefully) designed into an entire book.

♦ What is this game?

The game goes something like this: One person supplies the writer with 5 random words, and the writer has to create a story and use those five words - exactly as they are - in the plot. While one or two of the words can be of minimal importance, the bulk of them should have meaning in the story. Two people can play together too - if you want to try it out, try swapping random words with a fellow writer or friend.

♦ How many times can I PM you words?

As many times as you like! Let loose and go nuts. I need as many as I can get, after all.

♦ Can I try this?

Of course! I would be honored to play the game with you. In fact, if enough people show interest in it, we could probably even create a thread in the writing forum and make it a weekly thing.

Feel free to post/pm any questions or comments you may have. I will eagerly respond. <3

And without further adieu, on to the short stories!

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
Sheep, Pickle, Venus, Zipper, Shed

5 words from MaxR

A few miles outside of town, a shepherd herds his sheep into a corral for the night. He counts them twice, then gives the eldest a tender pat on her rump before finally closing the gate and heading into the small shed just a few paces away. The wood is old and dry, but it still manages to shelter the sheers and clippers from the weather, and therefore serves its purpose. Underneath a carefully laid blanket, the shepherd removes a treasure that is new to the shed; A simple telescope, the best that the shepherd could afford.

By the time the telescope was set up, it was dark and cold outside. Leaving the tool in the care of his watchful sheep, the shepherd disappeared into the shed for a second time. When he emerged, he had a jacket hanging from his shoulders and a pickle jar in his hands. The night was sounding all around him, but the tiniest thump the jar made as it was set on the grass was still loud in his ears, carried by the wind. The sudden breeze made him realize he was shivering. With deft hands, the shepherd did up his jacket, only to swear when the zipper got caught on the fabric. One of his sheep baa'd in reprimand.

The old fence still supported his weight after all these years, and he was thankful for that. His left leg wasn't as strong as he led on, and standing by his telescope all night made the muscles tighten uncomfortably. He checked his watch; the night was half over. For the seventh time, he checked the coordinates on his telescope and peered through it, searching for the planet Venus. All he saw was stars. With a sigh, he took out a pickle and bit into it with a loud crunch. And then he peered through the telescope again.

When the day begins to break across the horizon, the shepherd finally gives up. He packs up his telescope and stores it safely in the shed, and then leaves the field.

He will return the following night, and the night after that. Even still, he wonders if he will ever be able to glance upon her namesake planet, wonders if she's watching him from there. Then he wonders if, when she died, the planet did too.

It wouldn't surprise him.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:06 pm Reply with quote        
Stag, Coin, Wind, Tears, Scarf

5 words from Killerkitty

Wind blew fiercely through the forest, bringing with it the chill of a brutal winter to come. The hunter, perched upon a log with a ready gun, lowered his weapon for a moment to tighten his warm brown scarf around his neck. Thankfully, the sound was muted by the wind, and the stag he was stalking did not even perk up its ears. With numb but knowing fingers, he readied his gun once again. The shot would be a difficult one with the wind this strong; it held enough force to veer the bullet off course, even if just an inch. Still, he couldn't afford to miss. The winter had not yet come, but the whole town could tell that it would be one of the worst they'd had in years, and the hunter would need the coin in order to buy enough supplies to survive it.

The stag changed position as is grazed what was left on the ground, and the hunter adjusted his aim accordingly. It was a better angle, and easier shot, and so he took it.

Even over the whip of the wind in his ears, the shot rang loud over him and echoed in the forest. Stepping out from his cover, the hunter made his way over to the stag. Before he made it half way, he could see it had been a terrible shot. The stag lay on its side, blood spreading everywhere as it kicked wildly in an attempt to right itself. It would die from blood loss eventually, but if it stood again it could run off and the hunter might not find it again. Wordlessly, the hunter took out his knife and approached the stag, lunging to hold it down long enough to end its life in one clean sweep. The animal screamed in pain and panic, and the sound made the hunter cringe, even after all the years he had experienced this. In a second long moment of anticipation, his eyes met the stag's. Black lines ran down its face where tears had been shed, and its eyes were still shiny, their black orbs terrified and comprehensive. But the hunter had learned a long time ago to never fall for an animal's pleas - he had made the mistake of letting a rabbit out of one of his father's traps as a child, and had never forgotten his error - so in the next moment, the stag lay motionless, its blood covering the hunter's hands.

-

Entering his home in the late evening, the hunter set his still blood-soaked jacket to the side and started a fire. He sat in his favourite chair, and took out the few coins he had managed to get for the stag. Holding one in his hands, blood shining on the metal, the hunter crumpled up and let his own tears leave streaks down his face.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote        
Reserved.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing: