Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
Over the summer I'm going to try and go to a few local conventions, simply because I've never been to one before and it seems like an interesting opportunity.

Who all has been to a convention? What's your general opinion towards them? I'm probably going to go to the local anime convention first, since it's the easiest to get to. It's also a smaller one so I'm hoping it'd be easy to manage. Any suggestions for a con newbie? Hai

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 pm Reply with quote        
I'll probably be going to Fandom Fest here in Louisville. /o/ I've never been to one either, so I'm not sure what to expect. I'm trying not to get too excited though because I don't want to walk away disappointed. xD

Sharm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:28 pm Reply with quote        
Cons are much more fun when you dress up, take lots of pictures, go with like minded friends and allow yourself to be silly and don't be shy. Other than that it really depends on the con. Bigger cons have more stuff to do but you can feel lost in the shuffle more easily. In general I've enjoy my con experiences if I don't think about the cost too much.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:53 pm Reply with quote        
You should tell us of your experience, Chu! I'd love to come up and go with you too. xD It's so hard to project that far ahead though.

And disappointingly the person that was available that weekend pretty much brushed me off this past week, even after we had planned to go this summer. So I'd either be going alone or with my mom. Eh, oh well. I'm glad to hear your con experiences were positive ones! I know they can get expensive, but it seems like it'd be worth it.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:39 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not going to lie, I'm super jealous that you're going to a con. I've always wanted to go to one! xD
I've had a lot of friends go to a few and they all loved them. As long as you're into the subject matter there's no reason you should have a bad time. :3 I hope you can find someone to go with you...

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote        
If I cosplayed as anyone/anything it would be Sailor Uranus.

http://ewitschu.tumblr.com/post/42595483567/can-we-just-take-a-moment-to-discuss-how-id-be-an

Revolushion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Oooo! I think that would really suit you, chu! Happy personally, I've always wanted to cosplay as a vocaloid... Preferably IA. Though I may be cosplaying as Italy from hetalia next year...

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks. ^^

I'm not familiar with that vocaloid. What do they look like?

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote        
She has long blonde/white hair, pink eyes and skirt, and a black shirt. I'll send you a link to a pic when I get home? She's really pretty. My favourite song of hers is imagination forest.

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote        
Huh, that doesn't sound familiar. Then again, I've never been into vocaloids enough to remember them well. xP I just know of the really popular ones, and I probably wouldn't even be able to tell you their names.

And alrighty, no problem.

Revolushion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:18 pm Reply with quote        
She's still relatively new, so if you arent into vocaloids then it makes sense that you wouldn't know her. Her voice is pretty good. And I know a lot of vocaloids simply because they're practically all I listen to. XD

(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
inaralei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:19 am Reply with quote        
I used to routinely go to both of the conventions where I live, A-kon and Animefest. I also was on volunteer/staff with both of them.

A-kon is kind of massive. It's a fun con and was my first, but it's definitely a very busy, lost-in-the-crowd feeling. Then again, I was going before we had cellphones, too... Happy The perks are that there's a LOT to do and generally a wider variety of all the things.

Animefest is the smaller, "family-focused" convention. The guy who runs it (or ran it? I haven't been in a few years) has kids and the goal is to keep it very safe and less... ugh. I don't know how to explain. There's less to do and generally a day pass would probably cover what you needed, but I preferred it's atmosphere a lot.
For me, cons are more about other people and less about the panels.

To summarize: big cons are great, small cons are great, do them all. Big Grin
Freshie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote        
Since I'm heading to a con soon I was about to make a thread like this! xD

I'd guess which one Cat's going too but that one already happened before she posted. :o

I have been to a few cons on the east coast USA back in the day, mainly Anime Boston. But since being on the west coast I haven't gone to any due to school and lack of money. Buuuut now that I'm done with that and have a job I've been planning on going to Kumoricon over labor day weekend! Not only that but I decided to help with it and I'm set up as a staffer for it. :3 So I only really needed to worry about hotel and transportation since the other few things like food for staffers are free.

I don't have many plans for what I wanna see and do at the con right now since they're still finalizing the schedule. When they do though, I'll figure out the best times for me to work and then play. :D

As for cosplay I've done it very few times, and this year is no different. xD
I'm planing only simple outfits, such as one day wearing my staffer shirt and my catgirl self with pink wig [which I'm buying soon] and my cat ears and tail. Then a very simple [and crappy makeshift] causal lolita cord, though I'm planning to buy a petticoat and lace socks with it to make it more complete.

I'm mainly excited for the dealers hall and artist alley. :D

And I will be bring my camera for lots of pics. xD

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, guys! I've been at Fandom Fest in my hometown for the past two days, and my boyfriend and I have been making videos. Here are two. Dunno if we'll do another one tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9h9eHLpYDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqVpGiNK0U

And here's a clip of Deadpool by himself. xP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLXM5oASd1o

Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote        
Haha, please tell me you guys made friends wit that Deadpool? That's hilarious. Kudos to that guy. XD