Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Lotus Festival 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. ecco's generic hangout thread <3
ecco

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
that is true!! oh man. and the colour of a yolk from a backyard chicken is so much better than any shop-bought eggs...

speaking of hens, one of my dutchies is super broody at the moment. it makes me sad cos i would love to let her hatch some babies (they'd all be different cross breeds XD i have a mixed flock of different bantams) but i wouldn't have it in me to cull the males ;___;

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
ECCO ecco ecco ecco

Haaaiii!! Hai I'm in ur thredz starin at ur siggie. Oh Mai

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:24 am Reply with quote        
sup Sly! Hai

i wish i could say it was one of my chickens ;3; ahahah. but, i have 8 chickens of my own, so can't really complain :')

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:29 am Reply with quote        
Not a lot. 'Sup with you? It's nearly 6am here and I should really try to sleep at some point. xD;

Ahhh, I'm jealous! Chickens are so cool!~ Oh Mai

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 am Reply with quote        
procrastinating again ;__; just no motivation to do anything useful atm. i think it's the weather. its just cold, grey, windy and rainy on and off and it just makes me feel all bleh. its really frustrating. at least when its nice outside, i can sit and do work but have a nice view when i look out the window. *sigh*

haha, 6am and not asleep yet? i hope you don't have to be up for anything soon XD

and yesss chickens are awesome pets! theyre a lot of fun and have such different personalities :')

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote        
Haha, I'm the queen of procrastination myself. ^^; But too bad about the icky weather...it's been really nice here lately...except it was rainy yesterday. Meh, I like the rain thogh. Hai

Nah, I've got nothing that I need to be up for...at all today. xD; I'm never asleep earlier than 4am it seems like though, no matter what I've got to do the next day. Curse my stupid, insomniac brain! Lips are Zipped

Hmm...*plots to buy chickens and hide them somewhere no one will see so that I may keep them.* Oh Mai

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:43 am Reply with quote        
i wouldnt mind the rain, if i didnt need to go out in it,... my chickens house needs a clean Jab urgh.

that and the rain seems to be like.. most of the time here now T___T it just gets annoying after a while.

XD well its lucky you dont have to get up for anything then, hahaha.

hey, if you get chickens, you cant hide them away! gotta show them off proudly! hahaha. they're so cute, though, really Bouncy Heart i could never decide which of mine is cutest, though, theyre all quite different...

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:51 am Reply with quote        
Yeah endless rain would be a pain. Ohh look at that, I'm the poet who didn't know it. xD;

Well, I'm pretty sure that owning chickens is against the law in my area (unless you've got a farm) so if I attempted to show them off, they'd get taken away. ;_; But they are cute.~ Soft Smile Bouncy Heart

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:54 am Reply with quote        
UGH SERIOUSLY. THAT IS THE WORST LAW EVER.

in the UK, you can keep chickens anywhere (as far as i know, and obviously as long as you're not breaking any laws to do with animal welfare), you only have to tell DEFRA when you have a flock of 50+ chickens.

the only real issues is neighbours.

which is why i'm really worried Sad cos our neighbour on one side died a while ago (she was very old) and her children inherited the house. they sold it to developers who have renovated the house and built 3 extra houses on the property (in like half an acre.... stupid right?) and im really concerned that when new people move in they'll complain to the council about my cockerel Sad

our neighbours on the other side keep chickens AND ducks, so obviously we don't have a problem from them. in fact, sometimes their cockerels and mine crow at each other XD

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote        
That's it. I'm moving to the UK and raising chickens. Neutral Or you know, a more logical choice would be to just move to a state that allows the owning of chickens. xD;

That...seems like an incredibly small ammount of land on which to build so many houses. =/ Hopefully nobody will complain, if you're lucky though.

That's funny...now I'm picturing them crowing back and fourth. X3 Also, ducks are cute too...but I can't have them either. Jab

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:08 am Reply with quote        
im not a huge fan of ducks anymore, ever since i worked with them at college ;___; they're really fidgety and mean. i looked like i'd been cutting myself after this duck was done scratching my arm up.

and yes... but its like that everywhere in the UK (well, all urban areas). almost all houses in this country are frickin tiny. and most have tiny gardens (if at all) too, and cost a shit ton more than housing costs in... well... most other countries. we get severely ripped off here.

and they do crow back and forth like that sometimes XD all of them have different voices, too. my boy Romeo has the highest voice, cos he's a japanese bantam. then one of the neighbours cockerels is deeper, and her other cockerel is REALLY deep because he's HUGE (his name is Butch XD)

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:14 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, ducks can be mean from my experience I'll admit. Not that I;ve ever owned any, but I've been chased by one at the pond near the town library when I was young, and once my little brother got pecked by one when he was 2 or 3 years old...my mom kicked that one, and bent one of it's feathers actually. xD; So I don't reckon I'd like to own any, honestly.

Eh, housing costs suck most everywhere...and around where I am, most of the houses are shody and small. =/ Still, I'd probably take one if I could afford it right now....

Haha, that's funny. Butch the cockerel. Oh Mai

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:21 am Reply with quote        
yea D: one of the other ducks looked like it was trying to nipple cripple my friend! she was holding it and it kept turning around and biting her on the boob lmao

they are mean Duh

thats true, yea T__T i hope it gets better for all of us, cos atm barely anyone can afford to move out even when they have a proper job and such. urghhh.

my chickens all have names :3 i dont know if all their hens are named next door or not... my cockerel is Romeo, and my hens are Cindy (short for Cinderella), Freya and Fever (sisters), Lyra and Mimi (also sisters), Blossom and Wren Smile

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote        
LMAO Evil ducks are evil. Shocked

Tell me about it. I had moved out and had an apartment with someone until my lease was up. Then I moved back with my parents so I could save enough money to actually have a nice place of my own. I'm still saving. ;_;

Those are really cute names for what I'm sure are a cute bunch of chickens.~ Bouncy Heart

ecco

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:04 am Reply with quote        
yea man. geese are worse, but still... crazy animals! marmosets are pretty crazy too. they pull your hair ;___;

jeez D: it seems everyone is stuck in the trying-to-save-enough phase. seems like most people are struggling to move out of the family home these days.

thank you! and they are indeed adorable! they all look different, too, except for fever and freya - cos theyre the same breed AND the same colour XD you can tell them apart by their combs and leg rings, though~

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next