Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Arts
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
I just finished the first season of Sherlock... which is really weird to say since it's so short. xD

Not sure what I think yet. It's interesting, but I'm not understanding the obsession that the fandom displays. I'll probably start the second season sometime later this week.

TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:44 pm Reply with quote        
I LOVE Sherlock!
I couldn't tell you why I like it though. I do like the characters though....
Although I hate the wait for season 3 though which got really held up by The Hobbit films....

The seasons are probably more like mini-series?
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
I love Sherlock. I don't know that I'd call myself "obsessed," though. I do tend to get really into anything I like though. I think the main reason I like Sherlock so much is that I'm pretty into the idea of the stories. Also, I really like the dichotomy between Sherlock and Watson; bromances, FTW. xD; Also, I'm pretty into British tv in general. I don't know, I guess it's not for everyone, but I really love it and can't wait for season 3! Weeeee
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote        
I'm thinking that the uniqueness of the characters is really appealing to people. I can't deny that they have some pretty quirky personalities.

And I haven't really gotten into British TV before, so I don't have an opinion one way or the other. ^^; And I think it'd be unfair for me to judge it based off of Sherlock alone.

Is season two as short as season one?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote        
Unfortunately, yes it is. Neutral

That's true what you say about the characters though, at least in my case; I'm always into really quirky characters. I wonder why. Oh Mai

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:59 pm Reply with quote        
Aww, that's a shame.

Yeah, I either go for the oddballs or the ones who get a lot of development. I think I get more out of characters than plots.

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote        
Usually I do too. I'm like that in my own writing as well; all of my stories and ideas are very character intensive. Oh Mai
Blazinfox555

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:06 pm Reply with quote        
Just so you know, Season 3 was not held up by just the Hobbit, but also by the new Star Trek movie as well.

But, BBC Sherlock is awesome. I can't wait to see what happens.
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 pm Reply with quote        
Oh yeah...I keep forgetting Benedict Cumberbatch is in the new Star Trek movie. *is not a trekkie*

But S3 is being filmed now I think? I remember reading something about filming somewhere...but I don't remember what it said...and I can't remember if s3 is supposed to be here at the end of the year or if it is next year. I think I have heard both.
killerkitty

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote        
I believe they have indeed started filming season 3.

I really like the Sherlock series, the huge fanbase was a bit surprising I found, as these kinds of shows don't tend to get so popular. The Sherlock series does have a few problematic things (like the representation of people of other nationalities, like wow, the Chinese bad guys in episode two were so stereotypical it was kinda painful, and I don't like how they did Irene Adler in season 2 trying not to go into too much detail about her so as not to ruin it for you), but I've learnt to enjoy these things despite their flaws.

Many people ship Sherlock and John. I personally see them as really good friends, and that it's very unlikely that it will develop into anything romantic (especially since as far as we can tell John is straight, and Sherlock pretty much asexual).

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote        
The Sherlock fandom on tumblr is famous for it's unsanity and general scariness. :U

I like the show and all that but I'm not a too huge of a fan of it. The cinematography is brillant as well as the acting and the cases are prety amazing.

@killerkitty: that's exactly how I see the two as well. I'm all for it as a brotp, but shipping? I just don't see it. Even if John isn't straight, I see Sherlock as way too asexual to ever be in a romantic relationship with anyone.