Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Amarvelous

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:19 pm Reply with quote        
Hey everyone! My name's Amarvelous, and, as the title states, I'm looking for a partner for a long-term RP.

Just a little bit about me, to start. I'm a college student, although I'm on summer break now (whee!) so I have a bit more free time than I'd like. However, I'm currently on the lookout for a job, so that free time may suddenly become limited. Please keep in mind that I will always try to respond within 24 hours. I don't like to keep my partners waiting! I may occasionally require a little poke to remember to reply, but probably not often enough to be worrying.

As far as length goes, you can expect anywhere from 3-5 paragraphs a reply, especially if we have multiple characters interacting. At the very minimum, I occasionally dip to two, but that's only if I really need to. I expect about the same length from you. Literacy-wise, I've been writing and RPing for many years, and I like to think that I'm pretty proficient in the spelling and grammar categories. I can provide examples if you'd like, and would appreciate it if you would, too! c: (Note that this isn't necessary, especially if you have no examples to show. I can understand that.)

I generally prefer to play men, although I can play women as well--it's just not as preferable. For romantic pairings, however, I'm only really interested in m/m, perhaps with some m/f if we multi-character. I do enjoy creating multiple characters. It gives much more freedom. It's not essential, of course, especially if you aren't comfortable with it, but I'm totally down for character creation and the like.

I have basically no limits. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of blood, and there are some topics I'm just plain not interested in (mpreg, I'm looking at you), but if you throw something at me, chances are I'll catch it and chuck it right back. That's how I learned how to roleplay, anyway. So if I do something and you aren't comfortable with it, please, tell me. I swear like a sailor so, during planning, that may be a thing you come across. Like I said before: if I do anything, anything at all, that makes you uncomfortable, tell me and I will do my best to correct it.

Because my RPs tend to lean towards the 18+ side of things, they'll probably be taking place more over email than in the threads. I'm okay with doing half and half as well. I understand the desire to make silver and whatnot.

If you're still with me this far, congratulations and thank you! You've made it through the hard part. I'll just list off a couple of things I like and don't like, and if anything pops out at you, tell me!

--Fandoms--
Pokemon
ASoIaF
Disney stuff
*Please note that, in most cases, I would prefer to create characters for the 'verse as opposed to using canon ones.*

--Original--
Mythology (please please please)
Vampires--modern, futuristic, classic, whatever
Immortals
RPG-style stuff
Superheroes!
Spies are cool.
Dragons and dragon-riders and dragon-related stuff

--NOT INTERESTED IN--
Furries and the like
Yuri
Pure romance
School-related things

Yeah, that's basically it. If you don't see a fandom up there that you're interested in, feel free to suggest it! I'm in a lot of different fandoms. The ones up there are just the ones that popped into my head!

Feel free to either PM me or post here. I'll be checking frequently! Thank you.

Maeve

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote        
Ah, good luck with your search! I'm still a bit busy right now to start a role-play, otherwise I'd probably have answered this...

But yeah, anyway, I was mostly posting here to tell you that we also have an official search thread. It's just a little advertising thread where you can fill a form and post it and look at other people's form and all that. It's a bit empty for now, but we're trying to build it up, so if you'd like to join, well, it's there. Wink

Amarvelous

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote        
Aw, okay. Well, if you ever find that your schedule lightens up, you know where to look! ;D

I'll check it out and probably post in there. I'll have to dig out a good sample... Hm...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote        
So, just letting you know I'd be down for Rp-ing something with you; it's been awhile since I did any good 1x1 roleplays. Just throwing myself out there. Hai
Amarvelous

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote        
Whoops, I meant to reply to this a while ago >.<

Sounds good to me, Sly! Do you have anything in particular you'd be interested in?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote        
I'm always willing to rp! We can talk it out here or you can feel free to pm me. I'm open to pretty much anything, but when I saw you had mythology up I was mentally yelling "YES THANK YOU."

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 5:49 pm Reply with quote        
Ehehe, mythology. It's one of my favorite things in the world~ So I'm gonna guess that you're mainly interested in mythology, then? Do you have a favorite?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Not particularly. I just adore mythology in general. Any mythology will do~ Although I have a penchant for Greco-Roman and Norse/Viking mythos.

Actually, now that I think about it more: a crossover of Greco-Roman and German Viking/Norse would be REALLY cool. It could be during the Roman takeover of Europe, and the gods clash in war because the people do. Then two of the fighting gods could become friends/friendly rivals and attempt to stop the fighting on both sides. They are declared as traitors to both sides and banished or something.

Now that I have THAT idea out of my brain, what were you thinking of?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
That sounds pretty darn cool! I know a ton about Greek mythology (of course), and some on Norse. What I CAN tell you is that I prefer to use the Greek names but can switch to Roman, if that's what you'd prefer. For Norse, I mainly know the basics: The gods' names, what they do, and a little bit about their personalities. I don't really know the myths that well!

About the culture, setting-wise, I know only a little. I've read Thucydides' History of the Peloponnesian War and watched Spartacus, but that's about it. So before and after what you suggested, kinda.

Your idea sounds really cool, though. Have you ever read Neil Gaiman's American Gods?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote        
Yes, I have, which is partially where I got the idea. But I didn't want to copy it directly with old gods/new gods. I know a good bit about Norse mythology so I could do that.

I think because the gods are basically exactly the same, they themselves would use both names or switch to whatever they like most. So I don't mind what name you use.

Honestly the setting isn't too hard. I was surprised to find when I took middle ages that it's pretty much exactly what it's depicted as in literally everything. A lot of nomadic people, and some that aren't. Ruling tribes in Northern Europe where the Germanic people were, a lot of use of wood, etc, and then typical Roman things in the South with roads and moving armies and what not.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote        
Well, I was going to suggest something a bit more modernized that brings the two kinds of gods together (just because I'm a bit more comfortable with that) based kinda off the setting found in American Gods, which is why I asked c:

So basically like Spartacus? xD I'm not sure how comfortable I am with ancient Roman/Norse culture, because I haven't really studied it, but I'm sure I would be fine with it. It's more the language I would have trouble with. Speaking of language... Wouldn't they speak different languages?

Who's your favorite god, then? As in, who would you like to play?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
Actually I like your idea more. Mostly because mine would be really hard to accomplish with the limited knowledge we both have. Although if we combined ideas that might work out well. Like the clash is still happening but in the more modern setting.

I would say Loki because he's a little jerk but Tyr might work too. Honestly there are so many it's really hard to choose. :P

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
My personal favorite, as far as Greek goes, is Hermes. He's such a troll. The story of his first day of life is HILARIOUS. He just messes with the other gods so badly the entire time.

So a more modern conflict between Norse and Greco-Roman? Sounds good to me. What else do we need to discuss, hm...

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote        
Oh MAN Hermes and Loki would stir up so much crap together it would be GREAT. They would totally be buds. Even though Hermes would probably think Loki's pranks were too mean and Loki would just not care in the least.

Probably setting and general plot set up. What is their conflict? Why is it happening? Who stole who's candy? Why is Thor not wearing any pants?

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote        
but thor NEVER wears pants
The conflict would probably be something really stupid. Like, Zeus gets mad at Thor for stealing his thunder (hardeehar) even though they've been gods of relatively the same thing for a long time? But yeah, for some reason, the gods in charge are always stupid.

(Whenever I personify Zeus, he's always that lazy asshole who lounges about while other people run around, doing his bidding.)

But yeah, that starts a war?