Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Poll Forum
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Poll 6

What do you think would bring more members to the site?
More Site Artwork (like monster/NPC/etc. images)
23%
 23%  [ 22 ]
New Layout
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
More Battle System Related features
11%
 11%  [ 11 ]
More Forum Related Features
9%
 9%  [ 9 ]
New Avatar System
13%
 13%  [ 13 ]
Flash Games
29%
 29%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 93

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Pick one.

I did not add an option for more commons as I have stated numerous times more commons are being worked on.
I want to improve on the site a little more before I begin advertising, which is why that is also not an option on the poll.

YOU MAY ALSO DISCUSS WHAT YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT IN THIS THREAD.

Please note: I will ignore feedback that has already been suggested. This includes feedback posted in this thread and in the Feedback&Suggestions forum.
If you want to discuss something already suggested, you may. Just don't post the same exact thing.

Nyathearai

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote        
I'm lurving the blue, but I can't wait to see what the new general ne is going to be like. ^w^
Personally, I chose Forum related, though battle system related would also have gotten my vote, if'n I could have split it. ^_^;
I spent like 10 minutes trying to decide. xD
Whatever you guys choose, I'm going to stick around and see, and tell other people to do so anyhoo.
If nothing because of the community. *nods*
So many funfun peoples!
And friendly and charming and, and, and... *swoons in delight*

As to suggestions...
Maybe by incorporating small, simple flash games (no, I don't mean tetris and bubblepop or whatever it's called, I mean Midorea related "flashes" xD) into the battle system, we could have unlockable "epic scenes", or somesuch?

<-------- Please click!
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:13 am Reply with quote        
Currently I feel that we need more images of NPCs, monsters, shops, and item thumbnails because without them, I'm sure people think a tad less of the site. Afterwards though I think games would be fun, and despite my obsession with tetris, I think some more original games would work well.

With the storyline update, I think that something involving the Fallen Deity would work well.

Just so I'm clear though how could there be forum-related things? o-0 I think I'm making that too complicated.

Maeve

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:01 pm Reply with quote        
Some more pictures could surely help, since having nice pictures make your site look more fun/attractive to new users. I would say maybe a good size one from the NPCs/admins on the home page, or something that shows what Midorea world is about, and also adding at least a picture of each NPC in the shops.

My vote went to the battle system related thingy, because I think there's already a lot of avatar sites and a new one should try to work on something the others don't have, like a good battle system. Adding more monsters and drops, and maybe also some special things (dunno, PvP tournaments, trophies on your profile for special achievements, etc.).

Games can be fun, but most sites just use the same games, which is kind of boring. One of my favourite sites for games is Neopets (though I barely go there anymore...). I mean, they have made almost any little flash games you can think of, but they transformed those to include their stories and characters, which I really find nice. Maybe Mido could have something like that, with the NPCs explaining the games to you, etc.

Funkystar13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:48 pm Reply with quote        
i completely agree, when i joined the only thing that disapointed me was the lack of games, i think maybe about three or so games would really boost the number of people here, it might make them more active too ^^

if artificially increased silver is an issue we could maybe make them play for copper? i know i enjoy games more if theres some sort of prize at the end otherwise i dont see the point in them XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:17 pm Reply with quote        
Even though I'd love for games to be played for silver, FunkyStar, playing for copper would be a great idea. ^_^

Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm Reply with quote        
Chu wrote:

With the storyline update, I think that something involving the Fallen Deity would work well.

That has already been taken care of and added with the winter event conclusion. :3

Cause Cat already told me to do that earlier. :3

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
Some flash games would be nice... I already had some in mind that I haven't seen done on other sites. ^_^
I doubt we'd have to change the earnings to copper though. We only use copper in certain forums where silver earning can easily be abused.

I've been working on making more images, especially NPC's. I just haven't had much time really.
I wish someone could help me make some BatSys related images.

More forum related features.. Like new BBcodes, emotes.. graphics, and other things of that nature.. Duh

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:04 pm Reply with quote        
ariKana wrote:
Chu wrote:

That has already been taken care of and added with the winter event conclusion. :3

Cause Cat already told me to do that earlier. :3

No, I mean a game with him in it. xP

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
Maybe he could become a boss for the BatSys? And he drops fallen deity wings.. That would be a good idea if we ever wanted to release past relics again.
Of course, he would be near impossible to beat. :p

And also, I would also love for my BatSys to one day become flash based..
All I'd need is someone who could do the programming in flash and then I could do the art and designs.
Then we could finally see the monsters in all their animated glory!

Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote        
Cat, that idea is amazing; for deities and lower deities as well.

I may not be a prgrammer, but that sounds like some hefty coding/testing to me. It does sound like a great long-term project though.

Arikana

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:43 pm Reply with quote        
I would LOOOOVE to make them like uber impossibly hard to beat! Twisted Evil

Current cosplay: angel guarding the Garden of Eden with flaming sword to prevent humans from ever eating from the tree of life.

Alu is MY sexy NPC lover. <333 So hands off everyone! D:<

The fallen deity,
Arikana
Nyathearai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:33 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, but you're just evil Ari. *blows a big wet raspberry*

That would be zee most amashing long term projekt evah!!

But as a short term, I definitely like the idea of more emoticons.
Some graphics would be fun too.
Also, some way of keeping track of "watched topics", without having an e-mail every time.
Personally, if people have posted in one of my watched topics, I go to look what they've said. ^w^
But when I go onto my e-mail and realise that I've got 345 e-mails, from forum based sites, which I've already replied to... xD
That's a bit of wading.
Just a thought anyhoo.

Seriosuly though, "long term project", goooood!! *grins appreciatively*

<-------- Please click!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote        
Yes it is.. xD
If started now I could finish within the next 2 years.
But I'd have to devote all of my time creating art for the game, creating animations, designing the interface, hire a Flash programmer(which shouldn't cost as much since I'm doing all of the art) and other misc. things..
But for now, making little features here and there is just fine with me. ^_^

You can go to account>edit profile and select "no" for "Always notify me of replies". :3

Nyathearai

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote        
I have. xD
But like a thilly perthon, I put watch topic on a few of them, so now I'm getting e-mails anyway.
All I'll have to do is go through the e-mails and find out which threads I've "watched". ^w^
The thing is, making the time to do it. Sweat

I'm happily waiting patiently and contentedly for the new images, graphics and what not.
Thankies kindly, site owner lady and your magic helpers. Happy
*madleh worships all of yez & pokes you all with used toothpicks dipped in sweet and sour custard**

<-------- Please click!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Goto page 1, 2  Next