Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
neomattlac

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:33 pm Reply with quote        
To tell you the truth, my main concern is nothing to do with meat, it has to do with sugar. I just crave it so bad. I got home about midnight, and hadn't eaten since three thirty, so I consciously decided to reheat the pepperoni pizza in the fridge and make a peanut butter sandwich. I was, and still am, in no state to do any sort of cooking. I also had a few stalks of raw asparagus. I was just so sick of the food I made on Sunday. I've had it for lunch every day this week. So, it was between pizza or curried lentils again.
I do have a smaller issue with the meat thing, primarily that I am concerned that I am lacking vitamins. Also, I swear I'm getting hungry quicker.
And yes, I'd probably jack off onto anyone that would have me.

fickle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:35 am Reply with quote        
i didnt think you were concerned with meat, i was just explaining how the paleo diet isnt without worry.

what kind of sugar are you concerned about? and what do you mean you're not in a state to do any cooking? sometimes i get real lazy too and just make a pot of rice with steamed broccoli and tamari sauce. i give myself breaks and eat out also.

so getting enough vitamins is what youre concerned about on a plant based diet? thats a good concern, i think what most people worry about are protein, iron, calcium, and b12. protein, otherwise known as amino acids, the building blocks of protein, are abundant in plant foods. all plants and fungi have an amino acid profile, the thing with plants though is that the ratio of amino acids are different in different plants. bananas, oranges, rice, all have protein, some plants have more protein than others, legumes, nuts, seeds, and fungi have more. iron is also abundant in plant food, and so are the vitamins that help with the uptake of iron, like vitamin C. cooked collard greens have 4.5mg of iron in just one cup. chia seeds, oatmeal, potatoes, watermelon, tomato, lima beans, just to name a few sources of iron, it's also the same with calcium. b12 is the funny one, we have to supplement b12, even meat eaters. b12 is actually produced by germs in the ground on the roots of plants, but our current farming practices, over farming and pesticides, make the soil inhabitable for those germs, and we wash our food anyways before we eat it. we have those germs that produce b12 in our guts, but the best uptake location for b12 is in our mouth. farm animals actually cant produce it, they get it from the same germs we get it from, and since those animals cant get it from their food for the same reason we cant, farmers give them supplements. so people either filter their b12 supplement through an animal, or take the supplement themselves. sublingual methylcobalamin tablets, or shots, are the best. i use sublingual.

when you say youre getting hungrier quicker, do you mean on plant food?

does jacking off to any jane that would have you sound like love to you?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 11:51 pm Reply with quote        
First off, "does jacking off to any jane that would have you sound like love to you?" is extremely eloquently put. To answer you honestly, no. That would be lust or amorousity at best.
Yes, hungrier quicker on plant food.
After doing some more research, I decided to go back to meat and allow some bread. I like the idea of a vegan diet, but found it expensive and sometimes very difficult.

fickle

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 3:51 am Reply with quote        
yeah, i say silly things sometimes.

there could be a few reasons to why youre hungrier on plant food:
-plant food is less dense in calories, so it takes more volume to fill us up. if you were putting together dishes that looked like the same volume of meat dishes, it has way less calories and you gotta eat more. lil graphic
-another reason, this doesnt happen with everyone, happened to me though. theres a period when people can get a little ravenous when we switch to a whole plant based diet, reason being is if we had a diet that didnt give us all the nutrients prior, we go a little crazy when we eat foods that are... not pancakes lol. it usually happens to people who restrict their calories though, or eat nutritionally unbalanced meals
-last reason that i can think of, youre not eating enough greens. when i first went plant bases, i was also super hungry even though i was eating 2500 calories a day of whole plant food, i didnt understand why, i also felt tired and bloated. i got the suggestion to up my greens cos i probably wasnt getting enough micronutrients, i did just that and it helped. i stopped feeling hungry after eating, the bulk of my meal is still carbs, but having some steamed broccoli in there kept me satiated for much longer

idk what you were eating on a plant based diet, but plant foods are the cheapest foods around the world. rice, pasta, legumes, root veggies, oatmeal, cheap foods. i spend less money on food now then when i ate meat, and back then i was unknowingly eating 1500 calories a day. how is it that i can eat 2500 calories a day and it cost less than 1500 calories a day of what i used to eat before going plant based? people who say the vegan diet is expensive are usually talking about buying premade boxed meals, protein shakes, and solely organic, we dont have to spend any of our money that way. i'm poor and dont wanna do that. my health is very important to me, i was always sickly, so even if the price of rice somehow becomes more expensive than a chicken breast that only feeds me once, i would not jeopardize my health.

i understand the difficulties though, when we change our diet from one to another, doesnt matter what we change it to, it takes a bit of adjusting. we gotta learn to cook differently, learn new recipes, maybe even use different ingredients. it's why i encouraged you to learn what to eat instead, going into it cold turkey can often leave us confused with what to eat, we might end up eating the same thing for months, and it can be stressful. it took me time to transition. i focused on breakfast first, then lunch, then dinner. scoured the internet for recipes, bookmarked the ones i liked. i think where most people fail is they eat things that they dont like, it's really important to stick the the foods we like. for instance, i dont like onion, not a fan of eggplant, so it would be foolish to try and make meals of foods i know i'm gonna hate, that'll lead me to failure. stick to foods you know you'll enjoy when changing your diet.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote        
Quick update:
Eating meat again.
I got a personal trainer two months ago, and have been following a meal plan by him.
I talked with one of the girls I liked, and there's nothing there for her, so I'm off to pursue other things.
My emotional issues stem from other things. I had an extreme breakthrough about a month ago, and I'm working through what I found with a therapist.
I'm ready to change my life a lot.

fickle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:24 am Reply with quote        
good for you neo Smile it's satisfying to take steps in the right direction, isnt it? i think it is