Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242
Post new topic   Reply to topic The First Ever Midorea Lounge~ Newbie Sanctuary and TODs
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote        
Ah, good AnDe. Always happy to help. ^^

I'm honestly scared of what being an old person will feel like if I feel like this at 18...I really should make myself a rice-sock...My knees and hamstrings have been absolutely awful lately. My kitties are trying to help, though. I feel so bad when I go to physical therapy because they always ask me what hurts, and on a scale of 1-10 how bad it is. Usually I say my knees are around 3-4, but on Friday I said my knees were like, a 6-7.5. And since a lot of the exercises I'm there for are to make my legs stronger, they had to figure out what I could do without potentially making my knees worse.

Whenever I'm at physical therapy, I'm the youngest one there by far, unless there's maybe a 20-ish year old who broke their leg or something. All the old people just look at me like 'Excuse me young lady what are you doing here why are you not in school you don't look like there's anything wrong with you'. And 18-year-old me is just all 'Eheh...Um, yeah...'
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote        
my bones used to slip out of place and back every once and a while when i was younger, didnt know why. it was painful, happened on my hips and right knee. it also felt tingly, which i assumed had something to do with my nerves there. i was never taken to the doctors, guess it wasnt a priority for my mom? so idk about any of my medical problems, which i'm sure the list was long. then at one point i read about how a man with a slipped disk focused on that spot during meditating and felt all the muscles around it that were holding it in place. he started doing walking meditation to strengthen it up to keep it from getting worse, and it actually got better. then i thought, that could be my problem, it's not my bones, my muscles are just too weak.

i didnt just have problems with my bones slipping, i was sick a lot, dizzy/migraines, malnourished, underweight, it goes on. i invested a lot of time in changing my lifestyle to be healthier and fitter. i used to dread the idea of growing old cos i felt terrible, i thought it was going to keep getting worse, i even thought about what the best age was to die to avoid the pain that might come with old age. how depressing, right? now i look forward to it. i mean, i dont think i'm an indestructible human being, but i know i'm going to feel my best at any age because i'm putting effort into feeling my best. and looking my best Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:55 am Reply with quote        
^^ hi
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote        
whenever i get sick i pretend that i'm not and hope it goes away. seems to have worked out pretty well so far

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
Denial is the best medicine.... Hai