Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:27 pm Reply with quote        
so Has anyone ever had that dream/nightmare or whatever where it felt so real? like its a tearing or frightning expeirence? If your ok with sharing it post here.

I had one, a while ago, I was in a forest alone, screaming for my friend chris, and A wolf was there, pure black it jumped at me and as it opened its jaws an eyes opened in its mouth, then I saw my ex reaching out for me, I got up and ran to him and as i got closer he would walk away then look at me and reach out for me again. I tripp and suddenly he is behind me whispering "I leid" "your disgusting" over and over again in my ear I woke up in tears cause it felt to real.

I think what it meant was i felt guilt for everything i did after he and i broke up and him reaching for me then walking away was my feeling that he and i are becoming more and more distanced from one another.

the wolf could maybe symbolize my fear of being alone. (Which i need to get over)

the forest could be my fear of the forests or what could be in the woods. I have slight parania .

~So if anyone wants their dreams inturpruted I can give it my best shot!!!! I am still learning but i am pretty good at it HappyD

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote        
This is a little bit silly, but in kindergarten I had a dream that I found a pet gopher in the playground, and I kept it and was caring for it and everything. The dream lasted like the span of two weeks (which was quite a long time for my puny five-year-old brain to comprehend). At the end, one of my teachers forced me to put it back into the wild and I was sobbing and clinging to her, but I was still the one who went and put him down. I woke up crying from that.

I don't remember if I had this dream after a real life eye-opening event, but I believe it symbolized my first realization that wild animals shouldn't be caged and domesticated, while still reflecting my love and affection for them.

-shrugs- I don't know why but it's one of the few dreams that have stuck with me through all these years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote        
Last night I had a dream that my dad picked me up to go to his old apartment like he always used to do. There was a flash flood at the time, and the area that he lived in was right on the bank of a strong river. As we were driving there, the familiarity of the city gave me a chilling sense of desolation. I kept recalling apocalyptic images and scenes that I used to be so obsessed over, dreams that I'd had of dying in such a place; real-life occurrences that might as well have left me dead. Various restaurants and other buildings that had been so familiar to me just five years ago were completely abandoned and changed; he tried to strike up small talk over that but I ignored him. Despite all of the fear and disgust building up inside of me though, I remained calm and silent. As we neared his apartment, a detour made due to the flood forced us to drive around pretty much the entire city as memories, good and bad, with and without him, flashed before my eyes. I knew that I would die, but I begged to a questionable deity that I would die separate from my father and his house.

We finally made it there, but the formally simple layout of the building became a maze as, yet again, I was assaulted by memories of the countless times I made that trek up the stairs, through the hallways, into one apartment after the other, until I reached a deadbolt door that required a password. I had forgotten it, and had to wait for my father to catch up. I hadn't realized until then that I was keeping as much distance as possible from him, and that despite our distance, I still felt like a prisoner in his presence.

Inside his apartment, watching him lock all four locks on the door, the panic struck me. I'd rather die anywhere else, with anyone else, than there with him. I distracted myself, knowing that I couldn't leave, by going through video tapes and toys and games from my childhood. Strangely, none of his own risque objects from the past were there, or maybe I was ignoring them.

It was time for bed, so I left the living room where he slept for his room where I would sleep. I didn't turn anything on and just laid in the dark as I listened to the rain pour outside. No one else was in the building, or even in the area, I remember thinking. It was only he and I. A life-size cardboard cutout of a man - I always thought he was my father when I was younger - it wavered in the middle of the floor as the storm intensified.

I imagined watching the water from outside as it raised three floors to where we were, but I didn't dare get out of bed, much less glance at the window that sealed my fate. Somehow imagining myself already dead, floating outside as I watched the house drown, it spoke tomes to my morality. It was a sense of justice and release, even if I was dying with it. Anything to wash the memories from the face of the planet. Maybe it was divine intervention - balance and purity being restored to what used to be a dysfunctional and distasteful reality. If my memories couldn't go on, then neither could I, because I knew somehow that I'd never be able to forget them as long as I lived.

nocturnaltehpulse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote        
@ Dr. Tick Tic Tock:
The dream also could symbalize a expeirence where you had something close to you that you had to let go of. Did anything happen that sounds similair to that that you can remember? sometimes dreams are just an extesion to what are feeling or remember.

@Chu :
Are you and your dad on good terms? it sounds like a fear of being with him to me, I cannot say for sure but from the way it is put it kinda seems like it. if you were on good terms it could just be a fear. something that has somehow by emotion or feelingbeen placed in your head?

but dreamsare just extensions of ourhopes and fears. like

when i was 3 i had a dream that i was petting a cat and was happy and itwas purring and with no warning it clawedmy face. it was the fear of being hurt,or that i was going to be hurt without knowing later in my futur
Sirantha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
I had a dream a few years ago where I was in this swamp, kind of thing, the water was up to my chest and it was really murky. A woman's body was floating in front of my and she was face down, so I just assume that she's dead.
Suddenly there's a gun shot and there's a guy standing a distance away on the bank.
The gun was pointing at me.
I start running in the opposite direction, the best that I can in water that is that high, more of a swimming, but every now and then the water would get shallow again.
So more running and I finally get to an area where there are people and I see a police officer of sorts. I practically crawl out the water screaming that someone is behind me, and when I turn around to finally look, the guy has the gun pointed at his own head and shoots.
That's when I wake up...

I pretty much know what it means...
I had just gone through a really bad breakup with a boyfriend and he was stalking me and threatening to kill himself if I wouldn't take him back. But yeah, fun.
And of course after writing all of that I have a dream that I would actually like to know the meaning of. x.x
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
whats the dream you want to know the meaning about?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
It's kind of complicated to explain... But I'll try my best.

I'm sitting on a bus that's completely empty but I guess there's a driver because it's moving and I'm sitting more toward the middle. All of the windows are either broken or just taken out and I could see my breath, but I couldn't really feel cold. There's a blue tint to everything, like the sun is setting. There are tall building around as well.
The bus stops suddnely and I look out the window, there's a man standing out the in a suit with a cage around his head. He has a gun in one hand and raises it and shoots himself in the head; the bus starts moving again. I look back and see the guy start to stand up and walk casually down the street in the other direction.
The bus rolls up to a large area, open compared to the city. But a lot of people are crowded around what appeared to be a stage. This area is toned in a bright orange.
I get off of the bus and start walking through the crowd, I look up to the stage and there is a person at a podium shouting out at the crowd, even though I remember everything being more like a dull roar, like hearing everything from really far away or through thick glass. The person shouting had a fish head.
I find a staircase round back and begin to walk up. The staricase is thin and dark, in a blue tone again.
I walk up slowly and see a door cracked when I reach the top, an orange light filters out. The walk towards the door catiously and look through the crack. I see a priest raping a really young girl.
That's when I wake up.

It was really weird at the time, because nothing out of the ordinary was really going on...
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote        
I used to analyze dreams a lot but it got to the point that I paid more attention to my little fantasy worlds than the real world. No, my father and I are not on good terms. Our past suffocates me in a way that I'll never be able to get rid of, symbolized by the permanence of death and drowning and more casually expressed through my feelings around him. The fact that we and his house and the entire city were all drowning in a flood is a symbol of sexual repression, and that my image of the world around me has been tainted because of what happened between us. Something else to note is that our seclusion is symbolic of the fact that I've literally isolated myself from society ever since this began. My acceptance of death is obviously an allusion to my depression. I'm currently trying to sort through some memories. I'm not sure whether they are legitimate or not so I'm not talking to him or his family about it until I know the truth - my silence and calmness.

I just wanted to share the nightmare because it was a pretty intense, yet strangely beautiful dream; the subconscious mind at its best.

nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote        
i know when i was a bit younger i use to always have one dream everynight, the same one..

It always started out me and some friend were hanging out by a creek and we would be walking on the path. As we got further more and more trees with pink and green leaves covered the veiw of the creek... and as we kept walking we came to this big dark tunnel.

We were told by the grown ups before we left to not go through the tunnel and we didn't understand why... I mean Why not explore a little?

So as the dream progressed we began walking through the tunnel and all these weird noises could be heard, like scuttling. I got scared and clinged to my friend and we kept walking.

after we got to the other side it looked almost the same but everything was dead, and we looked back at the tunnel it was crawling with weird loooking creatures so we couldn't get back across.

then i woke up at that moment everytime. . .

I never figuered out what the dream meant. Never tried looking into it or trying to inturpret it.

but looking back know, I think it was my subconscious tellling me to listen to my mom about my old friend tommy, cause she always told me he wasnt a good person and he would hurt me. And i think what it symbolized was at first he and I woul dbe happy and carefree surrounded by beauty, but if we took the wrong path it would lead to all of the love and caring deing.

looking back at the dream, this is the one explanation that makes complete sence to me. because he and I ended up taking that wrong path and all my love and caring for him deid like the trees at the end of the tunnel. and the weird creatures blocking out path back could be the inner demons we created for so long that now there is too much negative for us to fix what was done and said.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
@sir: tht is strange, it could have been anything.

do you hsve a fear of rape and suicide? it could hsve been a night mare playing off your fears.

could also have been something from your past that you dont remember, like a really bad experience taking form as those things. our dreams are never direct.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote        
I can't think of a specific dream right now, but most, like 85% of my dreams, involve someone trying to kill me.

They rarely succeed but most of the time I'm running from them, annoyingly slow.. Other times, they stab/shoot me and I'm meant to be dead but I'm not, so I guess I'm a ghost... And sometimes I kill them.
(The ones I remember killing ****ing deserved it though)

I also often have some sort of super-power, and I'm trying to use them to save people, but people still hate me anyway, even if I've just saved them xD

If I think of a specific one, I'll post it.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
nocturnalxpulse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote        
ok Happy and thats intresting lol i never had a dream like that...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote        
One of the earliest dreams I can remember still freaks me out t this day. I was five and in fostercare, and my FIRST night there I had an awful nightmare. I wasn't exactly scared at all, which is weird. Everything around me was in flames so bad, it was like... a maze of flames. I could hear deep laughter so I followed it. When I got to the end there was a giant beast like a balrog except more flames surrounded him. He didn't speak english but I knew what he said. I don't remember now but I did then, and then somehow my mother was there, and she was with a demon that scared the hell outta me. He burnt her very slowly to a crisp and I remember the screams, it was awful. Yet, I was not completely bothered by my mother leaving me alone, I just hated her dying. I could also smell the flames, sulfur and burning flesh, it was gross. Then I woke up. Duh
Weiss

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote        
I have lucid dreams all the time. Usually it takes places in places of the past like when I used to live in a little town in Jamaica.

keep your sights above.