Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote        

Now that development for v3 has begun, and we have a solid foundation set down, I feel it’s time to properly announce our project and open our development blog up.

Midorea V3 is a revamp of our current infrastructure, taking it into our own hands and creating it from the ground up. New ideas, new vision, new everything. Our focus will be primarily on our RPG functionality: We will essentially transition into a fully functioning and unique browser-based role-playing game, instead of an avatar forum with a rpg tacked on. This transition is not to place the forums into the shadow, but to take our world in a different direction, and allow us to grow in a way that we haven’t been able to before.

Right now our focus is on brainstorming the different functions of the site, as well as flesh out and detail our vast world and all the things that reside within it. Lore, tribes, religion, cities, and the different parts that make up Midorea will be revamped and, for a lot of it, re-imagined entirely. Small parts of this will be released pre-v3, but most will be saved for the initial release.

Release is scheduled for sometime next fall, depending on where we are within the next three months development-wise. We’re trying to plan ahead in preparation for the actual programming and implementation of this project, but right now we’re keeping any dates quiet until we get a few more details settled.

For now though, we will be updating the dev blog with our progress, featuring mainly conceptual and promotional art. Other parts of development will be showcased as well, and progress reports are planned to be posted every Wednesday.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask us! We want to be proactive in development, and involve users as much as possible. We're open to feedback and suggestions, so don't hold back anything you feel needs to be said.

You can follow our progress on the main Development blog, Facebook, and Twitter.

Please note that this is a new blog seperate from the original Midorean Tumblr, so be sure to update accordingly.
Siyue

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote        
Ooooh, V3! I'm excited and also nervous! But I know everything is in good hands, you guys rock! If there's anything that I can help with I'd be glad to! And good luck on the progress, guys! Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 pm Reply with quote        
Awesome! I love the idea that the site will become more RPG based! Happy

So by 'next Fall' you mean Fall of 2015?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:04 am Reply with quote        
Ohhh, I see that you have fleshed out the Naquirfa. I'm a Naquirfa. Does this mean that there will be racial avatar skins that we can buy?

You are all putting a lot of work into this! What are the plans for advertising the site? There are a lot of gaming list websites that work off voting for your favorite games that might be worth looking into.
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote        
Strix Varia wrote:
Ohhh, I see that you have fleshed out the Naquirfa. I'm a Naquirfa. Does this mean that there will be racial avatar skins that we can buy?

You are all putting a lot of work into this! What are the plans for advertising the site? There are a lot of gaming list websites that work off voting for your favorite games that might be worth looking into.

Yes, and there will be more items related to the battle system, including themed sets, instead of multiple unrelated items like we have now.

And we're trying not to get too ahead of ourselves right now, but we are planning for v3 to be a full-fledged game, and we are looking into promoting through outside sources such as blogs and gaming related websites like you've said. Smile If you have any suggestions though, we're open to them.

Saygen40 wrote:
Awesome! I love the idea that the site will become more RPG based! Happy

So by 'next Fall' you mean Fall of 2015?

'Next Fall' as in the fall that is coming up next, Fall 2014.

Thanks for the support everyone!

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Athilea Majiri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
I'm loving the idea. Thank you for sharing this.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
Looking forward to seeing where V3 takes us!
Mellonin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:39 pm Reply with quote        
The art on the blog looks amazing - major kudos to whoever is coming up with the stuff I see there! Like everybody else, I am super excited to see how V3 changes things around here; the RPG is one of the major draws of Midorea for me; it's what sets it apart from all the other avatar communities out there. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how you guys decide to expand that!

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on sticking with the PHPBB and Dungeons&Rabbits backend, or are you completely redoing things? If it is the latter, how will this affect our current characters, inventory and previous posts?
Jandi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
Super excited about all of this!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Eee! I am so excited! Lore! And RPG! And themed items! Eeeeeee.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote        
I'm very excited for this as well. Also, I really want to thank everyone for the hard work they've put into things around here. I, myself, haven't been very active/helpful because I've been busy with several end-of-term papers and the like...so please accept my apologies for that, and know that I'll try to be around more soon. Sweat
Mellonin

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote        
Question! You mentioned that the items in MAD will be made available with the release of Midorea V3. Is there any chance you will begin releasing those items before V3 is made public, or will we have to wait to get out hands on them?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote        
Mellonin wrote:
Question! You mentioned that the items in MAD will be made available with the release of Midorea V3. Is there any chance you will begin releasing those items before V3 is made public, or will we have to wait to get out hands on them?

We'll be porting everything in our current system over to V3, is what it means. You'll be able to keep your items, and it should happen when v3 goes public. I want to make sure everyone keeps their current inventory when we transition, basically.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Vendethiel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:30 am Reply with quote        
So, you're finally doing away with AD&R? Wow.
I have to say I'm impressed – the work you've put into your forums is outstanding, and a phpBB2 in 2014 is quite a rare sight!

(FWIW, I'm also an ADR lover, and I have My "premod" with Tons of ADR mods (based on ShadowTek's premod plus enhanced)).

Well, anyways, good luck to you guys – and tons of fun, I hope ! Smile
Nikki

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:40 pm Reply with quote        
Exciting, good luck Midorea Smile