Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:46 am Reply with quote        
AnDe, I understand. My room's above the garage, so there's next to no insulation, and 3 our of 4 of my walls face the outside of the house. Storms get kind of terrifying to listen to...And my room is always about 10-15 degrees warmer or colder (depending on the season) than the rest of the house. And we are a family who has the heat set to maybe 65 during the day MAXIMUM and as low as 58 at night. We are a very cold-season people. Seriously, if it was 70 in our house, I think I'd keel over. I remember when my band went to Florida for the Disney parade, one of my three roommates wanted to keep it no lower than 70 in the room, in March. I told her in particular, that there was NO WAY it was gonna be set that high, and if she got cold, she could borrow my blanket. She didn't like that. >.< I'm usually very passive, but not when it comes to something like that. I wound up not staying in that room with them anyway, so it all worked out.

My personal theory is it's better to be too cold than too hot. Because if you're too cold, you can always bundle up more. But if you're too hot, there's only so much you can take off.
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote        
angelic, my room in my moms apartment was the same exact way, it was quite drafty, always colder in the winter. the back of the house was warmer, thats where my moms and sisters room were, they kept the temperature to their liking. i'm glad i dont live there anymore. can you leave your door open?

kacey, i'd rather have my mobility, so id rather be parading around in shorts and a tang top (unsightly, i know), than having an extra layer getting in the way of things.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
Then build up some resistance, Fickle. XD I parade around in short shorts and t-shirts as pajamas/lounge clothes, and by anyone else's standards it'd fecking freaking in here.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote        
I personally like the apartment hot because I parade around partially naked 90% of the time. ;D

But seriously, I am not a huge fan of clothes. I'm like you guys in that I wear around tank tops and shorts.

Going out into public is a different story. The colder it is the more jackets and scarves I can wear so people can't tell how much food I had eaten at a restaurant previously.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote        
kacey, resistance to what? ideally the temperature would be comfortable for me to not have so many layers on, especially blankets cos those can be such an obstacle.

saygen, i do the same thing too lol! sports bra and underwear if it's hot enough. just so long as it's in my home and not in a hotel room with band mates or whatever.

haha! maybe someone will find it impressive? my boyfriends dad is impressed at how much food i eat in a meal, says i eat a lot for such a small thing. i eat about 2300cal a day. i bet you still look fabulous all bundled up with a full tum! Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, I think my body converts air into calories somehow. Or when I try dieting, it realizes what I'm doing and sabotages my efforts.

Luckily I have one of those figures that puts on weight well. My curves become prominent in all the right places. lol

I'm one of those people that can sit down and slowly graze on a meal forever, too. Each bite has to be pulverized down and atomically split until I finally swallow. Nuclear fission is happening in my mouth. XD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote        
omg, can you believe theres actually a thing called breathatarianism, it's the belief that people dont need to eat, or eat very very little food, that we can get what we need from the sun, like plants. Roll Eyes when i see people who advocate this on youtube, they look so loopy and out of it. but anyways, maybe dieting is sabotaging you? dieting by way of calorie restriction can actually cause the body to want to store carbs in fat, it's our bodies natural way to survive against famine and times of starvation. it doesnt immediately put on weight at the start of dieting, cos we do lose weight, but if we keep doing that eventually it will start packing on fat for insurance. i used to calorie restrict, then when i switched from that to no restriction and eating a bounty of plant food, naturally my body put weight on for insurance. i dont know what the weight is that i put on, but i doubt it's just fat. i feel, and look better now at than when i was calorie restricting.

youre so lucky! i think the first place my body stores fat is my lower belly, then my butt, then finally my breasts lol.

omg, are you like the last person sitting on the dinner table eating? thats me all the way lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
Breathatarianism? Humans absorb nutrients from the sun like plants? Holy shit, people need to take some biology. That is a complete contradiction to what is actually going on. Photosynthesis and cellular respiration are reversible reactions. Humans don't even have chloroplasts.

I know that people who crash diet are most likely to gain even more weight once they put it back on for the reasons that you stated. As far as I know, though, restricting 500 kcals a day gives the body time to adjust to the drop in energy. But if 500 less a day leaves you hungry, then you may need limit slightly less.

Really, you just don't want to be hungry.

Haha, yeah, all my weight goes to my butt and thighs. The torso is the last part to put it on. Thank god for toning, though. I may not be small, but at least I'm not flabby. XD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:08 pm Reply with quote        
i dont know anything about it, other than they eat very little food. i dont think they believe humans can perform photosynthesis, just that we can get everything we need from the sun and air. this one guy even said that our gut flora are parasites, that we're eating for parasites. meh, lol

i did that, for me it was basically tricking myself into not having an appetite. and it worked. i ran on less calories, i didnt have much of an appetite, but i was easily stressed, and cranky often, and still caused metabolic damage. i wasnt aware that it was contributing to those feels though at the time. i dont think calorie restriction, no matter how small, is the best means for weight loss. i came to believe that what is most important is balancing out the caloric:nutrient ratio, and to eat when we're hungry and not eat past satiation. so in theory, someone whos eating 2500 calories a day from twinkies will lose weight restricting their calories, but they can also lose weight by not calorie restricting and eating sweet potato instead. which is not theoretically supported, but is evident when we look at people/cultures who have been on diets long term, 10+ years, and compare their results, and evident if we try it ourselves. unless we calorie restricted, then we'll gain weight first and lose it again when our body learns to trust that there isnt a famine.

say youre hot, why dont we dump our boyfriends and get together? Weeeee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote        
Healthy food just makes your body feel better. It's like all your metabolic and system processes work more efficiently, so choosing the sweet potato over the Twinkie makes you feel more energized to go out an enjoy your day rather than sit on the couch.

Even though the two items are the same number of calories, I bet that's kinda how it works.

Of course high fructose foods like pops increase appetite the next day after consumption, so anything where high fructose corn syrup is snuck in affects dieting. There are probably many more substances that increase appetite - like marijuana. lol

Yessss, let's do it! Boys with their slightly-too-long beards and always putting the toilet seat down. Who does that?! I don't wanna touch that shit if I don't have to! Jab

Fickle, will you be my internet lesbian mistress? XD I can endow motivational work out gifs and pictures of adorable bread cats.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:16 pm Reply with quote        
yeahp, balancing the caloric nutrient ratio is where it's at Bouncy Heart

huh, i didnt know that. strange, i wonder why it does that.

you mean you boyfriend leaves the toilet seat up? mine does that too lol, ick. he shaves often, but when it starts growing in, it's so sharp and prickly, i hate it. it makes my face itchy too.

i would be honored, it was always my dream to be your lesbian internet mistress! workout gifs and photos of cats, i love these things!

Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote        
Jumping in to lament the fact that I don't have an internet lesbian mistress. *Sits forlornly in a corner of the thread.* Neutral
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote        
Nor do I, Sly. 'Course, I'm pretty sure I'm asexual, so I'm not really into that sort of thing, but still...I'd like some adorable pictures of cat-loafs...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Wait, guys! Guys!

We can be a polygamous group of internet mistresses?!

Also, I totally wasn't into this cat breading thing when it first started, but now I'm coming to appreciate it. XD

Cats

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:53 pm Reply with quote        
Nah man, y'all need some kitty-loaf, not that strange cats with bread on their faces thing. Kitty-loaf is where they tuck all their paws in so they look like a furry loaf of bread with a kitty head stuck on it:

This one's more a blob of peasant/Vienna bread:

Or the phenomena I call the cat-muffin: