Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:59 pm Reply with quote        
So last night when I came home, I got to play with a brand new toy. Or at least, a toy for me, I finally got yo see my new stethoscope! I'm so excited, and I may have been dorky enough to try to, along with my new BP cuff, take my mom's blood pressure. It didn't work out all that well, but oh well! xD
I'm so excited for it, and I wanted to see if you all have gotten anything new recently that you're excited for. Not so much a literal toy, but something that excites you for some reason or another c:

::Shop::
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:56 pm Reply with quote        
Umm...I just recently got a new stethoscope too, believe it or not. (And BP isn't so hard once you get the knack of it. Wink ) I love my stethoscope, even though it's pretty basic, but it's a Littmann and it's purple...just like my bandage shears and my pen light. I'm gonna be The Purple Paramedic. Hai
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:22 pm Reply with quote        
I know it won't be, but the one time I did it was a year ago... so I'm not surprised.I got a Littman too! I got the Classic 2, and it's in Ocean Blue. It's so pretty~ c:

Of course you got purple! :P Oo, how's the paramedic trade going for you? I didn't know you were in that field U:

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote        
Hey, I know what I like.~ XP

Um...I'll let you know? I'm actually still in school for it. Because I just recently went back to school and decided to do this. Oh Mai

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote        
Well still, how's schooling going? U:
How long is paramedic schooling anyway?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
It's actually going really well, thanks. I enjoy it anyway. Haha. The whole program is a two year degree, but I already have most of my required classes, so I'm just waiting for the next class which won't start until fall semester..
So I should be done this time next year.
Weeeee
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:19 am Reply with quote        
My stethoscope is a rasberry-colored Littman! Not new, but still shiny. Happy

I didn't realize how many of us are in school for healthcare related fields.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote        
While not technically healthcare, I'm going to be majoring in music therapy when I get back to school. So...Mental and emotional health?
neomattlac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote        
This wasn't the thread I expected... When you said new toy, I wasn't thinking a stethoscope... Weeeee

fickle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote        
i got a zojirushi rice cooker that belonged to a family friend, it's a lot better than our old one. not exactly new, but i was really excited to use it. and i got a rice scoop the shape of a fish, it's bright green lol. i also went black friday shopping at lululemon, got two tanks. thats about it, didnt go too crazy that day.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote        
I had a lazy Black Friday. I did have to go buy tights for an 80's party I was going to, but otherwise my money stayed in my wallet.

The 80's party was awesome, though! Three straight hours of dancing! I was so sore the next day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote        
I got a new scarf, still need to model it and post a pic on facebook for aunt karen to show my gratitude lol

Also seems like there are a lot of health care people on mido, never woulda knew :U

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:53 am Reply with quote        
I'm not surprised, I think a majority of the people I know here on Mido are very caring, which is a common trait for the healthcare field c:

Lexiii I wanna see your pretty scarf U:

I didn't do any shopping Black Friday, I've actually never been before. I had to work. Ew >>
But I did get deals on Saturday when buying my boyfriend's Christmas/anniversary gift. Does that count?

Kacey: Music therapy totally counts in my mind. It's very different but still an important part. What do you to study and use music therapy? U:

Fickle: Rice cookers are the best, I have one an home and deeply miss it when I'm at school. That fish paddle sounds cute too xD

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote        
AnDe...Um, I think...I think you got a lil typo there...Your question to me makes no sense. Or I'm just out of it 'cause it's 1:30 in the morning...I'm not technically a Music Therapy major yet, since first off, I'm taking a one-year medical deferral from college before I even started because I just wasn't ready. And second, I have to go 2-3 semesters 'undeclared' before I can switch into Music Therapy, or at least try to switch. It's one of the competitive majors at Berklee, since not many schools teach it. Meaning of the 12 majors, all but 3 you can just say 'Oh, I wanna be a *blahblah* major' and boom, you're a *blahblah* major. But MuTher and two others you have to wait and do tests and prove you are a prime candidate compared to other people.

I first was doing sort of Music Therapy on myself before I even knew it was an actual thing. My original plan was to be a performance major because I wanted to be one of those people that records movie and video game music (Not the techs, the actual performers).

As a graduation present, one of the family friends who used to be a flute player like me gave me a crystal flute~ This is the piccolo model, not the flute I have, but lookit:

Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote        
Yea, I think my brain was faster than my hands and I missed a few words. You told me what I wanted to know which was essentially what is music therapy and how does one become one. xD

Oo, that's so cute! The flute/piccolo always hold a special place in my heart, I've always loved them c: