Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Entrance
froonlautie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote        
Heya there! Hai I'm a little confused about the layout but so far this is a really interesting take on the avatar-based forum niche.

I'm stoked to get to know you all, too!

Go ahead and drop me a pm I guess if you wanna chat, or do it here in this thread c:

Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:50 pm Reply with quote        
Hello! How are you?
It took me a while to get used to the layout as well, but you pick it up easily enough. Note that banner at the top next to the social media buttons. They are very helpful as they are shortcuts to important things.
froonlautie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote        
I'll be real, I'm doing kinda poopy (moving and dealing with roommate drama) but there are other things going in the right direction, so it's not all bad.

Thank you for pointing that out! I've been clicking on the Town Place tab out of Characteristics to get to the Temple or fight monsters, that is waaay easier.

How are you, yourself?
Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote        
Awe, sorry about that. *Hugs*.

You're so welcome and I want to also note that you shouldn't buy weapons and such yet as I am still trying to figure it out. Spent over 300 on useless stuff and I can't win a fight just yet... XD (I could really use some help.)

I am doing well, writing a lot and all.

What do you like to do when you're not in school and what are you studying, by chance?
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote        
@Ira

What weapons are you using? And what are your character's stats? And what kind of enemies are you fighting? I'll see if I can figure out how to fix your problem, but if it's a behind the scenes type thing, I can't do anything. If it's a matter of weapon choice, though, or tactics, I can probably help.

@Froon

Hey~! Do you roleplay? If so, what kinds do you prefer? Roommate troubles...And I correct in assuming you're in college, then? Or do you simply live with a roommate?
Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:01 pm Reply with quote        
I have a broken shield/helmet and a syckle and the only useful thing I have bought so far is a twig and I keep dying... help, please. XD
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote        
Read all the way through before rushing off to buy stuff!

Here's something I posted for another newbie not too long ago:

Also, when your stuff gets low on uses, go to the forge with a repair hammer and fix it before your stuff runs out of uses. Or else it'll just cost you way more to keep buying weapons.

Melee/physical weapons do far more damage than magical at the moment, but I use a combination. For example, my Blast of Darkness (Purely magical) does 8-12 damage I think, but my Magical Flute (Despite the name, it's both a physical and a magical attack in that it does way more damage, but it uses your mana) usually does 20-something damage.

Until you get to a level where you have more than 30 hp and mp, go to the temple between battles and do a partial heal for each attribute so you don't die. It's much more expensive to keep reviving after you pass out. Healing and Replenishing Apples can be used in battle, refill 30 points to their category, and can be used 25 times each.

If you want, I could send you some higher quality items to help you get started. I can't remember if certain items require a certain level, though...I'm a level 27, and haven't restarted my character, so the last time I was in your situation was over a year ago...

I see you're a fire elemental, and of neutral alignment. That means certain weapons will work better for you than others, and some will simply be restricted to you because of your class, which in your case I think is less physical-based, more mana-based. I believe the blade of fire might be good for your element, which is at the weaponsmith's, but it's 5000silver. When you get weapons, you can take them to the forge to enchant them with a spell you can get at the magicks and novelties shop to make it more powerful.

I see that your strength stat is really low, though, so physical weapons might not be the best choice for you until you level up enough to get it higher. So another path is mana-based (magical) blasts. For you I'd suggest the blast of fire, though you can really use any of them. For example, even though I'm an ice elemental, I also use a blast of darkness and a blast of magic. Certain enemies are weak to certain elements and strong to others. I can't remember where, but there's a chart that explains it better. I never bothered with that, since I tend to just attack something until it dies. ^^;

Any other veterans, feel free to correct me, as I haven't battled much lately, and I never really payed much attention to strengths and weaknesses. I've taken the road of 'smack it until it dies'.
Ira

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote        
KaceyCat wrote:
Read all the way through before rushing off to buy stuff!

Here's something I posted for another newbie not too long ago:

Also, when your stuff gets low on uses, go to the forge with a repair hammer and fix it before your stuff runs out of uses. Or else it'll just cost you way more to keep buying weapons.

Melee/physical weapons do far more damage than magical at the moment, but I use a combination. For example, my Blast of Darkness (Purely magical) does 8-12 damage I think, but my Magical Flute (Despite the name, it's both a physical and a magical attack in that it does way more damage, but it uses your mana) usually does 20-something damage.

Until you get to a level where you have more than 30 hp and mp, go to the temple between battles and do a partial heal for each attribute so you don't die. It's much more expensive to keep reviving after you pass out. Healing and Replenishing Apples can be used in battle, refill 30 points to their category, and can be used 25 times each.

If you want, I could send you some higher quality items to help you get started. I can't remember if certain items require a certain level, though...I'm a level 27, and haven't restarted my character, so the last time I was in your situation was over a year ago...

I see you're a fire elemental, and of neutral alignment. That means certain weapons will work better for you than others, and some will simply be restricted to you because of your class, which in your case I think is less physical-based, more mana-based. I believe the blade of fire might be good for your element, which is at the weaponsmith's, but it's 5000silver. When you get weapons, you can take them to the forge to enchant them with a spell you can get at the magicks and novelties shop to make it more powerful.

I see that your strength stat is really low, though, so physical weapons might not be the best choice for you until you level up enough to get it higher. So another path is mana-based (magical) blasts. For you I'd suggest the blast of fire, though you can really use any of them. For example, even though I'm an ice elemental, I also use a blast of darkness and a blast of magic. Certain enemies are weak to certain elements and strong to others. I can't remember where, but there's a chart that explains it better. I never bothered with that, since I tend to just attack something until it dies. ^^;

Any other veterans, feel free to correct me, as I haven't battled much lately, and I never really payed much attention to strengths and weaknesses. I've taken the road of 'smack it until it dies'.

Wow, you would really do that? Thank you, thank you. I know I will get a hang of this battle thing and I will look into the magic as well. I am also willing to trade you the weapons I can't use....(Hopefully they will be useful to you...)

I am also one of those, 'hit it until it dies' fighter.

There are so many classes and such, it's hard to figure out what is what...

Anything else I need to know?

(I love this place, everyone is so helpful and nice.)