Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic The Legend of Korra (Anyone Else Loving Book 4?)
Ira

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:47 pm Reply with quote        
Okay, I am a die-hard Avatar fan and I really hated books 2 and 3 of Korra. 1 was much better, looking back on it. But now I have started Book 4 and I am actually finding myself enjoying it.

Is anyone else?

I think they solved a lot of problems that held up the other books.

1. Too many characters. They finally got Mako and Bei Fong out of the way, which is really nice.

2. The Romance. It has finally been solved.

3. Taking Bolin seriously. Which they have, which is great.

What do you think?
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote        
im a fan, what held it up for me was more the main story. like how korra's journey went from one thing that can potentially harm the world, to another thing that can potentially harm the world, to another thing that can potentially harm the world, it made me not look forward to watching the next episode that airs for books 2 and 3. hmm, i wont get too detailed here on why her enemies made me tired for the sake of avoiding spoilers, but now it's starting to make sense why the writers wrote book two and tree as it is cos of all of the stuff korra is going through in book 4. i guess it was their way of showing how avatar korra is maturing, and her journey in unifying people.

i dont remember all of the side plots in books 2 and 3, but i do notice how book 4 doesnt have much, which is very nice. Weeeee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote        
fickle wrote:
im a fan, what held it up for me was more the main story. like how korra's journey went from one thing that can potentially harm the world, to another thing that can potentially harm the world, to another thing that can potentially harm the world, it made me not look forward to watching the next episode that airs for books 2 and 3. hmm, i wont get too detailed here on why her enemies made me tired for the sake of avoiding spoilers, but now it's starting to make sense why the writers wrote book two and tree as it is cos of all of the stuff korra is going through in book 4. i guess it was their way of showing how avatar korra is maturing, and her journey in unifying people.

i dont remember all of the side plots in books 2 and 3, but i do notice how book 4 doesnt have much, which is very nice. Weeeee

True, the stories were lacking in 2 and 3. And I think that Book 4 can be watched alone, or so I like to think. It really plays more like a movie than a television show.

Another thing about plot that I just realised is that each book had a whole different plot like you said, making it very... different from Avatar.

Any ideas of what may happen in the next few episodes?
fickle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
i think it all the books so far tie in together nicely, it felt like i was being dragged through books 2 and 3, but now i'm starting to see why it was done that way. i feel like it's all coming together.

yeah lol, not just different, but very similar to eachother, which is why i kind of got tired of watching it. book 4 is sort of different in that we're starting to understand her journey more. but yeah, i agree, the last airbender felt more like a whole story from start to finish.

hmmm, i think she will suck it up and defeat her fears, and probably get back in touch with her past lives. what do you think might happen?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote        
Books 2 and 3 did rather drag and it is coming together though.

And I don't know. I think the past lives are gone, gone. But I think Dark!Korra is the Avatar State following her around. Hopefully she'll figure that all out. What do you think?
fickle

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote        
she went into the avatar state for a little bit when she was with toph, and while fighting that woman, so it seems thats she's still in touch with raava. i'm not sure, i think it might be a manifestation of her fear of being the avatar and having her life constantly threatened. i came to think that because of the chain thats on her arm, thats the chain that she was wearing when she was fighting zaheer, and how every time she sees herself, she has flash backs to that event, and the other times when her life was threatened. so it could be a fear that she has to conquer. thats also when she lost touch with her past lives, so maybe in defeating it, she may get back in touch with them?

i never thought of it your way though, thats interesting. like, her last fight could have created a rift between her and raava?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote        
fickle wrote:
she went into the avatar state for a little bit when she was with toph, and while fighting that woman, so it seems thats she's still in touch with raava. i'm not sure, i think it might be a manifestation of her fear of being the avatar and having her life constantly threatened. i came to think that because of the chain thats on her arm, thats the chain that she was wearing when she was fighting zaheer, and how every time she sees herself, she has flash backs to that event, and the other times when her life was threatened. so it could be a fear that she has to conquer. thats also when she lost touch with her past lives, so maybe in defeating it, she may get back in touch with them?

i never thought of it your way though, thats interesting. like, her last fight could have created a rift between her and raava?

Ah, I just remembered that... And yeah, maybe it's just a manifestation of trauma?

And maybe it did. Because were they not trying to rid of the Avatar for good?
Ira

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:52 pm Reply with quote        
Did anyone else see the new episode today? I loved Varrick's story of Bolin so much I watched it twice. I loved the villains on the telephone... Poor Unaquc.

And does anyone else want to roleplay Korra with me? A kind of spin-off spoof of Varrick's story?
fickle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote        
i think youre onto something. she did say she couldnt go into the avatar state. she can, but she cant sustain it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, thanks.

I am glad I am and do you know how to roleplay?
fickle

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote        
no haha, i've never roleplayed before, it's not my thing. i have a few interests and i guess roleplaying just never became one of them.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 pm Reply with quote        
Ira wrote:
Okay, I am a die-hard Avatar fan and I really hated books 2 and 3 of Korra. 1 was much better, looking back on it. But now I have started Book 4 and I am actually finding myself enjoying it.

Is anyone else?

I think they solved a lot of problems that held up the other books.

1. Too many characters. They finally got Mako and Bei Fong out of the way, which is really nice.

2. The Romance. It has finally been solved.

3. Taking Bolin seriously. Which they have, which is great.

What do you think?

You say the romance has been solved? I missed a few episodes and I know Korra was dating mako then they broke up and he started dating Asami while she was away but then what?

keep your sights above.
Ira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote        
Well, at least I think the romance is solved as Mako really isn't in the picture anymore. There is actually a slim chance of Korra and Asami being together in the end.

It's really exciting as I shipped them when it as a joke paring. And in the show, after what you saw, I think that Mako breaks up with Asami? (I really only know book 1 and 4...)

So, the romance is hopefully solved. XD
Weiss

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote        
I wanted to watch the new season but I missed it and my cable keeps removing nicktoons and cartoon network whenever it pleases.

keep your sights above.
Ira

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote        
Weiss wrote:
I wanted to watch the new season but I missed it and my cable keeps removing nicktoons and cartoon network whenever it pleases.

Ah, that's sad. You can find it on Nick.com if you want to watch it still! The finale is this weekend! I am so excited, but also scared at the same time. Laugh