Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Feedback & Suggestions
Ira

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote        
All right, this will be a long post, so brace yourselves.

I have been on a few other online games such as Runescape and GaiaOnline and the one problem that they ran into was that of a broken economy. So, if I wanted a top for my avatar on Gaia, it would cost sometimes: 479,384 'Gold'. And I would only make about 200 'gold' a day. And the prices keep going up, as my alerts always told me so.

Now, they had a few gold-sinks, but they were not useful enough.

On Midorea, I am loving how I can actually afford things and I know that we have plenty of gold-sinks. However, I can't help but be a bit concerned as I don't know what V3 will look like.

So, my suggestion is just to keep as many gold-sinks as possible so prices don't rise. And my first suggestion of how not to do this is, I do not mean to offend, but this is just what I have learned from other RPGs:

Player-based Marketplaces are scary. Having private trades are a much better idea as it does not 'dictate' exactly how much X costs.

I understand if it is already made, but I just thought I should be honest and toss it out there...

I really love this place and I want to see it grow and be wonderful, but I can't help but raise these concerns.

Thanks for reading,
Ira