Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote        
I'll be at AWA all day tomorrow dressed as my midorea avatar, if you're around come find me and say hi. Wink

What about you guys? Been to any interesting cons recently? Been to AWA?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:50 pm Reply with quote        
You have a cloak? Awesome!Happy

You posted this topic a couple days ago, so how is the con going?

I've always wanted to go to Sakura Con (which is local to me), but never remembered to buy tickets. All my friends have gone though, so you'd think they'd remind me. >.>

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:02 pm Reply with quote        
I live in the boonies essentially. The nearest con is a teeny tiny one held by the nearest college, but I've never gone. The closest large-scale convention that's been going for multiple years is Zenkaikon I think, which is 3 hours away. There's some in Pittsburgh, but that's all the way across PA, which is 5 or 6 hours. Also State College (3/4 hours) and West Chester (2.5/3 hours). In fact, there's a con in Hoboken, NJ and another in Secaucus, NJ that is about 2 hours away. Theoretically, I could go to New York Comic Con, but it'd be 2 hours even with ideal traffic. As you can see, everything is at least 2 hours from me. And I don't have the means to get there or the funding to do so either way.

Mad
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote        
Yeah. Made it in a span of two weeks before dragoncon last year!

And it's been a few weeks since the con, but it was really awesome. It was a lot smaller than dragoncon, and easier to get around and get to. Free parking right next to the main convention floors was niiiice.

Missed out on the first day of the con, and a few panels on the second, and the rest weren't very interesting... so overall I mainly just ran around the artist alley and dealer room. Which didn't bother me any tbh. There was plenty to see, and buy..

I've actually heard of Sakura con. Where is it at, anyway?
And set a date on your phone maybe? I'm that way with artist tables, every time I mean to get one I forget and then the time is up. Which reminds me... need to set a reminder for next year.

KaceyCat@ Gdang that's terrible. Is there no way to get to the local college one? Even if its small, it'd still be interesting to go see it. The smaller ones are always great because you don't feel pushed around and can talk to people at tables/good deals on the merch too.

If you ever do get to a con though let me know how it goes!

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:35 pm Reply with quote        
Well, it's only about half an hour away, so I could probably go. But I think it's only open to students of the college, so that'd make it a no-go. :P If I were to go in costume, I'd want to go either as No-Face from Spirited Away, or a plague doctor. So cool~
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote        
that would be strange. usually they charge non-students so they can fund the college. I'd make sure to check for sure.

Any cons coming up you guys want to go to? I think con season is coming to a close though

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote        
Yushi-con, which is the one at East Stroudsburg University, is going to happen for its first year in early November. It's $25 for a 3-day ticket, $12 for a Friday or Sunday ticket, and $15 for a Saturday ticket.

I'd love to go, but that's a terribly busy weekend as well. And I might not even be here; I might be going to the DC area with my dad for a week or two.