Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:33 pm Reply with quote        
(It's funny that I'm making this now because I actually don't feel overwhelmed at all for once. XD But moving on...)

What do you do when you get overwhelmed? Are you the type that falls to pieces? Do you indulge and pamper yourself? Do you put your nose to the grindstone and get to work?

I ignore everything else for whatever I need to do. Food, sleep... showers. I get shit done. Sure, I'm fighting off nervous breakdowns and/or massive depressive episodes, but at least I get an A on that test. >_> (Sarcasm.)

Sometimes if I catch myself getting overwhelmed early enough, I can ration everything out and do just fine. But you know how it is. Sometimes everything just sneaks up on you at once and there's not much you can do about it.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote        
When overwhelmed (or even when not), I procrastinate. I play video games, surf the 'net, sleep, and generally avoid doing whatever it is that I don't want to do. And then things pile up, I get overwhelmed, and procrastinate more. I'm something of an unethical hedonist.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote        
I'm the same. If i can identify that an overwhelming period of time is approaching - like my two tests next week - I can start early and avoid the stress. For some reason whenever I work, however, my time management skills seem to go out the window.

I've always been horrible at procrastinating until the last minute, but I'm a eustress person so I do my best work with a little stress. That being said, too much stress leads to pseudo panic attacks, lack of eating, and often nights spent curled in front of a textbook until the wee hours of the morning when I decide it's not worth trying to sleep anymore.

I wish I were one of those people that cleans or bakes when I'm stressed. I can't imagine anything better than finishing a paper and rediscovering the plate of fresh cookies sitting on the counter.

(Edit: P.s. I love your avatar, Chu! Happy )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
When I'm overwhelmed, with work or feels, I relax. I put some pink noise through my headphones and hop on Midorea or Tumblr.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Sharm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:42 pm Reply with quote        
I get overwhelmed pretty often, usually because I'm expecting more of myself than is physically possible. At that point I always over react, get rid of all responsibilities and after I calm down from the craziness I get really bored and start planning new things that will eventually get me overwhelmed. I keep trying to only add stuff back into my life that's really important, but it never works that way. Life is so interesting, and there's so many things in it that I want to do all the time! I've been trying a new thing lately where I only do the things that make me feel accomplished instead of doing what I think "needs" to be done. It seems to help.
Weiss

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote        
When I'm overwhelmed I pray, that helps because I feel relieved after getting everything out and then things work out like when the problem faces me again I can see options I hadn't thought of before as to how to handle it. Smile