Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / OoC Forum
KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote        
Who wants to revive the site with a good roleplay while we wait for the new update? Anybody? Hello? Jab Can be group or 1x1...?
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote        
Hello!

I've been wanting to come back to Midorea role-playing for a while, but it didn't work out for a number of reasons. But I guess this could be a good opportunity? Dunno if you're still around and wanting to do this, but yeah, I'd be up for some role-play (preferably group, if it's to bring more activity to the site, but I wouldn't mind some 1x1 if you prefer). Happy

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote        
Hallo! I am indeed here, but about to head off to start college, so I might not be particularly active. What kind of rp were you interested in? Fantasy? Realistic? Mythicals? DNA? High school? Band camp? Something I neglected to mention?
Maeve

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote        
Eh, I'm starting university next week, so chances are I'm not going to be particularly active either. Wink Good luck with college!

I generally prefer fantasy/not-really-realistic role-plays, but I guess anything that isn't just romance is fine. I'd go for something more casual right now, just because "Yay! Shool is here!", so something that doesn't require too long and fancy replies would probably be better.

I kinda have two role-play ideas I've been pondering about for some time. One is sort of a Harry Potter-inspired rp, or just strange school for magical/mythical/whatever students. Ideally I'd take it outside the actual Harry Potter story/Hogwarts setting, just to prevent the "I'm (insert famous character)'s son/daughter/cousin/whatever", so possibly a North American magical school or something? Can also be not Potter-universe related, just, you know, some weird school.

The other is a summer story about kids sent to a small village to stay at some relative's house, and they discover some things in the woods/fields/other place.

Dunno if any of those things interest you. As I said, I'm also open to pretty much anything. Happy

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, congrats! This will likely be a short reply, because we left the house at 2, drove, and got to the hotel around 9:30 or so. Tired...

Both sound fantastic, but I think I prefer the school one. Perhaps for the magically gifted and mythical beings? So like, witches and wizards, but also merfolk, satyrs, centaurs, etc. I've got a phoenix-boy and a peryton-boy. (Perytons are so cool~ Winged stags with razor teeth that eat people and the shadow of a man. And then guys with shadows of their other self.)
Maeve

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:39 pm Reply with quote        
A small reply is fine. Take your time and rest well! ^^

School it is then! "Magically gifted and mythical beings" is fine with me. Hm, I guess will need some setting now. I was thinking somewhere in North America when I was planning it as a HP-related game, most likely somewhere around south-eastern Canada/north-eastern US, possibly in an area that isn't too close to anything important. So, you know, woods and rivers and (small) mountains and stuff. It could be somewhere else though, as I've said, this was for the HP thing and was mostly based on historical reasons and trying to make things fit together, but if we're going for something original then the setting can easily be moved somewhere else.

Students ranging from, like, 12 to 18 years old (grade 7 to 12?), including pretty much everything outside your standard human being. I'm thinking more of a private school, just because it's for a, well, "special" clientele, so uniforms and the like (obviously adapted to each student's needs). Dunno if I want to go the houses' way, although I do love the idea of students 1) bonding and 2) competing, but I guess they could just be put in groups each year, and then maybe every new year the groups are remade. Some sort of competition between the groups take place, the students who wins get a special reward for the next year. Obviously that part could have to wait to be used in the role-play, especially if there's just the two of us playing.

Classes about, well, maybe a few standard ones (writing, maths, history, geography, but including things that relate to the magical/not-normal world), and then some more specialized courses (biology/ecology/magical beings/learning about the other species, using magic, sport?, etc.). A bunch of teachers, from different species/region, and maybe some other employees to take care of the rest.

I'm gonna stop there for now and wait for your reply. Those are just ideas, I'm open to change and all, so just let me know what you think. Wink

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, so much awesome! Northeastern US is fine with me. I actually had a setting for a school in Maine close to the Canada border for another roleplay. Called Langfall's ((Pronounced long-fall)) Academy for the Gifted and Unique (Code-words for magic and mythical). Made up uniforms, school crest, and everything. ^^; Turns out I'm more prepared for this than I thought. Originally I split it into guys dorm wing and girls dorm wing and teachers wing, but it could easily be changed to separate houses or teams.

I feel like I have so much more to say, but I don't actually know what I want to say...I'll go find all the information about Langfall's, if you want.
Maeve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:09 am Reply with quote        
Sounds good! Originally I was going for a mixed-gender group/team/house/that thing dynamic, mostly because I thought I'd give room for more interactions outside the classrooms (getting to know your group, etc.), but it could also be difficult to implement with only a few players and characters to work with, so the boys' dorm/girls' dorm setting could work better, at least at the beginning.

And sure, I'd love to see more of what you planned. ^^

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:26 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah, I wasn't really sure how to separate them...

Setting: Langfall's Academy for the Gifted and Unique, as the school is called, is located in a heavily-warded area in the mountains of northeastern Pennsylvania. Students from all over the world travel to come here, as it is the best of its kind. It is surrounded by thick woods, and the wards prevent any regular humans from finding it. The grounds have everything one could ever need, like a lake, courts for various sports, open grassy space, a picnic area with plenty of tables, a greenhouse and garden, and a rather extensive playground for both younger kids and teenagers. Girls' dorms are in the East Wing, while Boys' dorms are in the West Wing. The dorms are one- or two- person, take up the first three floors of their respective wings, and the younger girls and boys have rooms closer to where the teachers stay, the North Wing. The main hall leads directly to the massive dining room, which is filled with long tables. Classrooms are in the South Wing, the second and third floors in the space not taken up by dorms, or they occur outside. Stairwells are at the beginning and end of each wing. Each classroom is well-equipped with supplies for whatever their purpose is, from History of Gifteds/Mythicals or Anatomy of a Centaur to Power Control or Flight Training, which is always outside.

I'll post more soon, I just don't want to lose what I have here, and am closing this tab.
Maeve

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote        
Sounds really good so far! Happy

((Sorry for the slow and short reply, I'm stuck at school now, but I'll have more free time to comment later today/tomorrow/during the week-end.))

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote        
Sorry I took so long, I kinda got busy. So here's the school crest and uniforms, with more explanation on each:

Here's the school crest. The motto is 'Fortus et Fidelis', meaning 'Brave and Faithful'. It's short for the full motto, which is 'To the brave and faithful, nothing is difficult'. The sun and moon mean unity and equality, and the dragon and pegasus mean mythicals are real and welcome. (Total BS, just go with it, 'kay? XD)

These are some examples of the uniform; pieces can be mixed and matched between the two, there can be other pieces, these are just examples I made. You get the general idea, though.

Season: Currently, it is Fall. School is just starting, so students are just arriving. Some are dropped off by parents, others arrive alone or in groups with friends. The weather is cool, but pleasant.

Any questions/comments/concerns so far? I think that's all I had.

Edit: With the uniform, obviously it's the same sort of thing for guys. I just used a dollmaker with a female base, so...
Maeve

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote        
Ah, no problem, some things jumped in my way too. On the other hand, now I have enough delicious spaghetti sauce to last 'till Christmas. Wink

The motto sounds nice. The crest's cool too, although I sorta feel a need to play with the different symbols/place them differently, maybe? But that'll have to wait until I get some free time. The uniforms look good. I love the color scheme, and it gives enough free room for characters with different body types. And alright for fall/weather.

Everything looks good, really. Not sure if we need anything else before we start? Or, like, things you'd like me to contribute?
Not sure if you mentioned it, but how big is the school (like, how much students were you thinking it would take in)? I was sorta thinking, dunno, a "somewhat small" school, maybe between 20-40 students per year (like, two small groups or one big), so somewhere around 500 total (more or less, depending of the number of years and all that).

Anyway, my brain's sorta dead right now, I'm gonna go eat and I'll re-read everything after to see if I missed anything. Neutral