Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic the walnut crushing bunch/RESOURCE LINKS N REAL TIME WORKOUT
neomattlac

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote        
Apparently, I'm really f'd up in terms of stamina and muscle. I used to be able to walk for 3 miles, and be ready for more. Now, I'm hurting after just 3/4 mile. I used to be able to bike for 3 miles w/out an issue and was hurting really bad at 3/4 mile. I have no idea how those value match up, but they do.
At least, I'm walking and stuff lately.
I'll be taking a walk after I take a nap. I only got 3 hours last night.

Saygen40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:02 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks fickle! Vacation was great. Spent time on the beach in a new bikini, getting burned/peely, and now I'm back home with my wonderful water pressure and crisp Northwest air.

I have always been very athletic. Soccer all the way til senior of high school, lacrosse up til the end of college, as well as numerous intramural sports. I was surprisingly good at dodgeball.

I majored in Kinesiology, so I understand the body and how it reacts to different training. As a result, I tend to incorporate cardio and weight training equally for a rigorous hour long exercise.

Included, but not limited to: treadmill running, elliptical, recumbent bike, shuttle runs, planks, rows, lat pull-downs, tricep extensions, push-ups...

...nevermind, this list will be way too long.

Unfortunately, I have a left over meniscus tear that gives me trouble as well as an ACL repair that is turning arthritic. If i exercise too little my knee will ache, and if i exercise too much my knee will hurt. It's a delicate balance, and my routine is structured around it. Lot's of physical therapy moves incorporated within it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote        
neomattlac, i'm happy to hear that! what kind of pain are you feeling though? i hope it's not bad pain. take it easy on your bones. do you listen to music when you walk?

saygen, wow, youre more qualified to run this lounge than i am lol.

i went bikini shopping online, not that i have any money for it ): i think i might invest in trail running shoes first when i have the chance to treat myself. or maybe clothes? lol, ive been surviving with 2 pairs of jeans and like 5 decent shirts.

anyways, what do you know about our bodies and how it reacts?
is there no stopping the arthritis? idk if i sound dumb right now.. and whered you go for vacation?
and heres a doodle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote        
Haha, maybe, but I am too lazy to keep track of forums. Plus, you've talked about a lot of things which I've never considered before- so I appreciate the variety. Health and exercise is too big of a field for one person to know everything, so forums like these are great. Smile

I'm thinking about getting one of those push-up bikinis...not that the twins need the help, but it prevents saggy bikini boobs. Anyways...lol

Did you decide to get the shoes first? And yeah, I know what you mean about the clothes situation. I also have 2 pairs of jeans that I really wear, a couple dresses for the days when I despise jeans more than usual, and a select number of shirts. Because of my job I've just been wearing a bunch of scrubs recently, though.

Went to Daytona Beach for vacation.

Arthritis is still one of those things being researched. There are a lot of theories, including homeopathies, medications, diet changed, and topical lotions, but the reality is that your int the luck of the draw. That doesn't mean I haven't tried some of the remedies, but the only thing that has every really helped is exercise...and not wearing skirts in snow storms.

Lot's of things about the body. Dunno where I'd even begin. ^^; Train those core muscles, do not forgo weight training to exclusively train cardio, interval training is healthy, the more weight you have to more intense/longer you can work out for, stretching before some athletic things isn't beneficial, etc. I'll toss 'em out as conversation comes around and I happen to remember them. Been out of school for a year and I'm starting to forget already. ^^;

Oh my gosh! This is the second time someone has ever done a doodle of my avatar (I'm assuming it's mine, because of the sheep). lol Thank you so much! It's adorable and pretty and really well done! Happy That sheep is seriously adorable. XD

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote        
i <3 the internet cos i'd find one person talking about something, then it would lead to more information, then to the counter argument if there is one. sometimes i really dont like the internet because of that lol! i wish i knew more than i know. actually, i think i just want to be more consistent with my workouts and diet. i wouldnt want to do it professionally, it would be a huge task to have to keep up with all the new information, constantly having to re-certify oneself. totally, thank goodness for forums Happy

i think i saw some pushup bikinis in victorias secret. honestly, you should get one of those micro bikinis /thumbs up/... it's cool because you'll have the smallest tan lines. psyche! lol, it would be so embarrassing if it moves around even a little.

i havent decided, i'm not sure if it's a good idea yet. i'm not used to running barefoot at all. plus, i cant even run around a small block without pausing yet. and i wheeze too, idk whats up with that. man, i think all of our clothes can fit into 4 of my dresser drawers. whats your job?

i just remembered my boyfriend recently bought some magnesium chloride flakes for pain, like joint and muscle soreness. it's suppose to help heal, idk if it would benefit people with arthritis, maybe it will help manage the pain though. my right knee hurts from time to time too. he put some in a little spray bottle for topical use, it's best absorbed through the skin.

i wish i had some heavier weights. my heaviest pair are 5 pounds. i use it for the low weight, high rep workouts and it totally murders me Dx how much weight can you use? and noted.

it is you. it's a little harder to tell because i skipped the tattoos and some details on the head too. i know! my sheep drawing skills are far more superior than my grass and female skills.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:46 pm Reply with quote        
The pain I feel is just shin splints, and the fact that my muscles are getting weaker while I'm getting heavier. I do a few stretches before walking, but not as many as I should.

And I love Daytona Beach. It's my goto vacation spot, and I even lived there for two years. I know the top half (where you come in, and there's the sign that says "Welcome!") better than the bottom half (over near Main Street and the beach). I used to go to Daytona State College, right on the left as you are coming into Daytona Beach. Happy

As for weights, I have the dumbest habit of pushing myself as hard as I can go, and then knocking myself out for the next 2-3 days, which is long enough to no longer go to the gym. I remember one time I pushed my legs so hard that I had to use the elevator at work (I usually use the stairs unless I have a cart).

fickle

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote        
therye getting weaker, that doesnt sound right at all, sounds like somethings going wrong. i wonder why it's happening. what do you do that causes that?

i really want to go to florida, see my dad and my brother. thats where they live, sadly it's far from the beach. i just checked and it's two hours away from daytona beach :C

i know the feels! i had to support myself as i was going to sit on chairs. what do you do?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:19 pm Reply with quote        
Huh, this looks like a cool thread! I literally just remembered this site and decided to hop back on, and I forgot how much I liked it. No where for me to post, though, all the old threads have moved on... So I thought I'd hop in here and say hi. :3 Never thought I'd get some exercise motivation, too!

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
fickle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote        
hi revolushion! i'm glad you came back. what's up? what were you up to?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
Hello Fickle. Thank you, and not much is up with me. I left all my avatar sites for a while about a year back... maybe not quite a year. Had some health issues and a lot of depression from losses, but it's all going much better now. :3

And I'm eating junk and watching LOST. So you know. xD
What are you up to? :3 How are you?

Rev's Quest Thread! Come chat with me?

PM me 5 Random Words. Do it.
(Here's why.)

Currently questing:
Deity Axe; Deity Spear; Elegant Summer Lotus Set
fickle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:36 am Reply with quote        
aha, i saw the tail end of you being around. wow, it's great that everything is better. i'm not sure if i should inquire for more info. i almost know the feels. /hugs/

my favorite junk food has got to be brownies. i used to like cheesecake but i changed my preferences. i've been watching gossip girl lately, idk how much more i can take of whos dating who, whos backstabbing, and whos being unforgiven for a mistake they made. it's like that every episode, same fecal matter, different toilet. i bet i would enjoy lost more.

and im anticipating a couple album releases from a couple of my favorite artists. i forgot to write to do lists every mourning for some time, getting back into the habit of doing that again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:57 pm Reply with quote        
@fickle I work as a certified Nursing Assistant right now, but will be going back to school here in the Fall to become a full Nurse! I am so excited! Sending them all my money and forms and immunization records and soul.

I have a client that uses magnesium chloride spray, actually. I guess it is suppose to help with arthritis, so I'll have to give it a try, but mine usually comes around when my quad atrophies. As soon as it shrinks just a little bit, the swelling pools around my knee cap then I need to hit the gym to work it out. My knee is a personal trainer, really. lol

But seriously, I love that doodle. I come back to this forum frequently to look at it. Bouncy Heart

@Neo Yes! Daytona State College! I passed right by there! It was a pretty area, and I can only imagine what college must have been like with gorgeous drive-on beaches a mile away. I had gator tails for the first time out there too! I didn't even know that was a thing until I saw them on the appetizer menu and thought "wtf?"

My guilty pleasures recently have been cookies and obscure Netflix animes, but now I'm getting into Gunpla, of all things. I just can't be cool when it comes to nerdy thigs. I tried video games, I really did, but I just can't do it! Duh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:18 am Reply with quote        
exciting! my boyfriends mother is a nurse. i could be wrong, but i believe she works in an independent doctors office.

oh cool, did it help your client? :O idk if it will heal you, definitely help with pain though. another midorean actually suggested i put it on my face and it's been helping with my blemishes.

i really like that drawing too c: it's yours! you can download it, have someone color it for you, use it anywhere, change it somehow if you want to, print it out on a pillow and cuddle with it if youre into that.

i have been having a real urge to visit my dad in florida. daytona beach sounds like fun, did you get a nice tan? o: o: u: picnic with your boyfriend?

cookie monster! recently, my guilty pleasure is a miss. vickies bag of jalapeno chips. and maki sushi, so delicious! i just googled gunpla. is that gundam figurines? i tried to game at one point, some mmo's. with my boyfriend, i didnt get into it either. i just didnt have a strong desire to invest the time to get better at gaming. and i feel terrible for it cos he bought me a nice keyboard and a mouse, which i would still love to be able to use if i had a better desk situation lol. idk what he thinks of that, but i feel bad. what animes are you watching?