Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Information Kiosk
SeizingSpades

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote        
Hello, sorry to bother, but I'm new. I reached level 21 already, and from about lvl 17 on I keep coming across Invincible Opponents
http://prntscr.com/3tks81
Most of them kicked mi booty pretty good, but I finally managed to smack one back, and it didn't really do anything special, didn't drop anything, or give me anything that was worth the hassle, and I was just wondering if there is a big point to battling them, cuz they are so much more effort than other things? Smile

Please and thank you
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:37 am Reply with quote        
We had plans to give them special drops at one point, but when the development of v3 took off, we realized that we should focus our resources on that due to the risk of spreading ourselves too thin. In v3, I'm really hoping to add in unique monster drops for monsters like the Invincibles to make battling more fun.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote        
What Chu said is correct. We also had to consider the 'veteran' players who can take out Invincibles fairly efficiently, so we made drops random to prevent an excess from pouring into the system from guaranteed drops. Sadly though this comes at a cost to lower level players who have a harder time, and then not getting a reward.

In v3 however, we're completely redoing our battle system and the way we handle battles against monsters - so monster drops and rewards will be scaled to fit a player's level to prevent excess silver coming into the system. If you haven't checked it already, you can follow our progress here.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES