Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
fickle

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:30 pm Reply with quote        
i decided to start experimenting with makeup. never worn it before really. except eye liner and mascara. i felt like a 6 year old at a party with a bunch of adults at the makeup section, lost.
so i got a bunch of stuff, i put on some lip liner, wasnt actually lipstick, filled my lips all in with it though. saw some makeup artists on yt doing that. my lips looked big, like i had lip injections. idk how i feel about that yet.

what are your experiences with makeup?

Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote        
Makeup is honestly too much of a hassle for me to mess with. XD I'm far too lazy to use it. But, I understand why other people like it. If anything, I respect their dedication to it, haha.

fickle

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote        
i felt the same way. i actually still feel that way. especially when i wash it off. it's good that i dont put it on every day, i do it when i feel my outfit is the shiz, if i have time. i did it to see if it would boost my confidence when i'm out in public.

what have you tried?

Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote        
Haha make up. I have a long history with it
I really have a good time playing around with colors and stuff
I've been experimenting with makeup since I was 11 or so...had some bad experiences but I think I'm alright now. Haha. I'm really into lip color, eye shadow, and eyeliner and I love playing around with different ideas.
Hai
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
Trying to hold still while Mum applied mascara and eyeshadow on me in preparation for a couple of dances I did on stage made me think that makeup is just way, way, way too much hassle for me. Hate the stuff.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
fickle

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
sly, what bad experiences? :U how do you put stuff on? i bought myself one brush and i'm trying to use only that and my finger. i feel like an artist working on my face and it is fun.

kathira, what made you think that? did it come out wrong or take to long? Oh Mai

i had to watch a lot videos by some makeup gurus on yt before i became comfortable with the idea. kandee johnson, daimondsandheels14, gigi gorgeous.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:59 pm Reply with quote        
I wriggled while having eye makeup applied. And may I point out that having your eye poked with a makeup applicator really stings!

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:15 am Reply with quote        
From a young age I was used to having make up caked on my face. So is the life story of most young performers. Stage makeup is super dramatic, and it caused me to think normal makeup can be that dramatic and still be appropriate for everyday. I was wrong, so so wrong :U
However, because I've done so many performances, I'm getting reeeeally good with winged eye liner. And that was a hard skill for me to learn, so I'm proud of that.

Course now in every day situations I barely wear makeup, because 1) I'm never sure when is too much, becuase I'm used to TONS and 2) I tend to underdo it as a result, so I don't see a point in anything but a BB cream/ concealor. Even then I haven't been doing that much in the past month.

::Shop::
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
Makeup is amazing! You can either use it to define who you want to be or use it to change into someone/thing completely different. You can do a lot of practicing where nobody can see in the privacy of your own house. Sometimes some suggestions are nice though. So here are a few you could try:

Anime Lady

Shark Lady

Cat Face

Have fun!
KoyiTar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote        
I sadly have found that I can't wear any sort of makeup unless it is the super expensive all natural stuff. My skin condition makes it very hard so I don't really wear makeup. I have however started to paint my nails which used to be something I never did. To me it's kind of like makeup only for my hands and toes heh.

Kawaii Neko Teaa

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote        
I never use makeup, unless it's an event. But it's too much to deal with, and to me, people look better without it. Maybe mascara though, I like thick lashes/long lashes. Everything else is no. It's to hard to apply, and there's no reason for it. xD

So yeah, mascara... easy to apply, pretty.

I only wear chapstick as well. x3 Lip gloss is too thick and weird feeling and gets everywhere.

Blush, why need it when someone can just embarrass you, that, or just slap yourself, there you go. Happy Sweat

Yep... there's my rant.
Angelic.Demon
Recolorer
Recolorer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
I'm not a fan of lip gloss anymore, I feel like it almost dries out your lips xP

However, I loove lipstick. I wish it was more acceptable to wear bright red lipstick around because I would totally do it U:

::Shop::
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote        
hey strix, it's been some time. howve you been?

thank you for the links, i like the dolly eye one. the other two were really interesting and fun to watch, like art. i am more interested in defining my face.

i found this lady some time ago, she creates intricate designs on her eye, i find her form of art neat. heres her http://instagram.com/tal_peleg

angelic.demon, lol! i see some women in stores, or when i go out, who look like clowns. what gives me that impression is the amount of blush and bronzer they put on, but especially the blush.
how do you do winged eye liner?
i dont even know what bb cream is :U im kind of afraid to put stuff on my face.

koyitar, aha, i like shopping for quality too. though, some price tags on things makes me turn my cheek, so i searched the internet for ways to make natural make up at home. i found out how to use coconut oil for mascara, and raspberries and blueberries for lip stains, other things too. the skin on my face could be better too, i have acne and it's not so bad anymore. i dont put stuff on my cheeks or anything, just my lips and eyes and that has me washing my face very well. i mean, i wash my face anyways, but when im trying to get makeup off, i find myself doing a better job at exfoliating.

kawaii, i look fine with or without makeup. i think what makes the difference is if im feeling confident. i swear, ive run into a few girls who were dolled up and i wasnt and i felt great, stand tall, i feel pretty and they give me dirty looks. idk if theyre criticizing me in their heads or are jelly of how i can be out in public and still look great w/o make up. i started wearing it because i wanted to see if it would boost my confidence but i was already confident. objectively speaking though, since i do have acne, covering it would make me look better. i think it would help in certain situations though, like if im speaking to a client or something. it may make me feel more comfortable then.
i feel the same way about lip gloss. i like putting on a bit of lip moisturizer and filling my lips in with lip liner after that cos it stays on my lips better than other things. im not a fan of blush either, i think it makes people look like clowns no matter how much they put on. i dont think ive ever seen the woman in my siggy wear blush, when i compared her make up and other peoples make up, i began to dislike blush.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:25 pm Reply with quote        
@ Fickle:

Awesome! It's good to have confidence! I mean, it's okay to wear concealer for acne, I mean, you kinda need it, acne isn't a good thing to show. XD Other than that, on a daily note, i'd said mascara and lipstick at most. Anything else is not needed unless like, you don't wanna show something.

But i'm glad you feel proud and confident, those girls were probably jealous cause you're 2 fab 4 them.

fickle

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
yeah, people do get a misconception that i'm unkept and have poor hygiene. idk why i have it, it's definitely not that simple, i've been looking at the holistic picture cos it's not caused by one thing. i dont entirely think that it's not a good thing to show, it depends on the situation. im pretty selfish and only care about what i think when it comes to my face. so if other people appear to be grossed out, i dont take them seriously. but if i'm speaking with someone whos important, i can understand the desire to want to hide it. i dont put on concealer, foundation, or anything like that. just eye and lip make up, and not even daily, just when i feel like it. i dont think i'm doing anything bad by not covering up my blemishes.

most of the dirty looks i get are from women who are already wearing make up and covering up their imperfections. i have no idea whats on their mind but i suspect that theyre uncomfortable because they think of themselves when they look at me. i do normal social things, like smile and eye contact, but they avoid all of that. i can see the bumps just under their makeup. so i dont think it's entirely good to hide it either if it'll cause me to be more self conscious about my current condition. surprisingly enough, i dont get looks from women who look good w/o make up.

anyways yeah, i like minimal make up too Happy however, i dont think i need to cover up my blemishes, or that it's not a good thing to have exposed.