Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page 1, 2  Next
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:13 am Reply with quote        
Ray popped her bubblegum as she laid in her bed reading a magazine. There was another cot in her room, so she was expecting a newcomer anytime. She scratched the scar on her face and looked up from her magazine when she heard movement down the hall.

"Great." she muttered, not feeling up to dealing with a newbie. It wasn't often that she got some peace and quiet to herself. She decidedly didn't move from where she was laying and continued to read her magazine wordlessly.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote        
To say that Cal was being peaceful was a bit of a...bald-faced lie.

"Let go'a me, you fuckin' cara de monda, I'll smash your face in wi-OW!" The man shoved Cal into the wall, nose first, then hauled the kid by the scruff of the neck and shoved him through a cell door. Cal tumbled to the floor and bounced upwards and flew at the door, spitting curses and insults.

"I'll rip your verga muy poco off you pinche hijueputa!!! Let me outta here!!!" Cal kicked the wall to vent some of his ire and started pacing.

"What the fuck is going on here?" he demanded, finally looking at the girl in one of the beds, "And who the fuck're you?"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:45 am Reply with quote        
Ray rolled her eyes and continued to read her magazine. Grrrreeeeaaat a fiesty one. She let out an aggravated sigh at the noise the little Hispanic was producing. It made her quite annoyed when someone spoke a different language and she couldn't understand what they were saying.

She cast him a sideways glance and caught sight of the blood dripping from his nose.

"Why don't you calm down and clean yourself up," she said nodding towards a sink and mirror at the back of the room.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 am Reply with quote        
Cal wiped his nose with the back of his hand, grimacing.

"Asshole," he growled. He took another look at the girl on the bed.

"Wow, you are an ugly little puta," he said, "I hope you paid the guy who gave you that." He gestured to his cheek, referencing the scar on the girl's face. "And are you gonna tell me what the fuck is going on?"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:51 pm Reply with quote        
Ray shot the kid a deathly glare. The fuck did he think he was?

"That's none of your business," she growled, now discarding her magazine to the other end of the bed.

"You wanna know why you're here?" she asked tauntingly, "Well that's too fucking bad because you can't always get what you want."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote        
"Aaaaaawesome," Cal grumbled, "This'll be fantastic. Okay, Caracortada, how're we gonna play this? I mean, I'm perfectly fine if you wanna fight tooth and nail every second of the day, but I gotta warn ya, you aren't gonna sleep well if you get on my bad side."

For once, Cal wasn't taking the immediately aggressive route. He'd learned in many long, confined detentions that it was not always worth antagonizing. In open spaces, where movement is available, sure, but not in a small cell. The girl was taller than him, with more reach, and those weird...things on her elbows. Cal could hold his own in a fight, but this, he felt, would be a weird one.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote        
"Look," Ray said pointedly, "You are in my territory, you are the one starting shit with me, I didn't put you in here, so I think you may want to think about redirecting your anger towards someone else."

She swung her legs around the edge of her bed and jumped onto the ground. "That bed," she pointed under her lofted bed at the cot, "Is yours. You won't be stuck in this room with me forever, so don't get comfortable."

She walked over to the bars of the cell and peered out. It was almost lunch time and she was starving.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:04 am Reply with quote        
"wonderful, wonderful," Cal grumbled, "Am I ever gonna find out where "here" is? Because I haven't stolen a car in months and this is some bull-shit if they're still harping on the last one."

Cal started pacing angrily, ignoring the girl's gesture toward the bed. He chewed on his cheek as he glared at nothing in particular. He knew something was weird about his situation; this wasn't police business. Cal was smart enough to know that this wasn't police, and that therefore it was something much bigger and probably scarier, but he wasn't smart enough to know what it actually was.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote        
"Well, I am sure you are here because you are in some way "special" maybe an ability, or a physical ability." she said shrugging.

"All I know is you'll probably be stuck here like... forever. Or until you die anyway. They are going to test your abilities and try and strengthen them, and if they find you valuable enough they might send you out on missions. They won't treat you great if you are nasty though, so it'd probably be in your best interest to put a fake smile on and suck up." she said.

"FOOD." a voice called down the hallway, a clicking noise signaled their cell being unlocked.

"Looks like it's dinner time," she said, "Don't do anything stupid, cause you'll be my problem."

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 am Reply with quote        
"Abilities?" Cal repeated, "the hell are you talking about? Only 'ability' I got is the 'ability' to punch a puta in the teeth. And that's been tested out plenty of times."

Cal had already resolved to be a problem child, but if this girl was going to be his informatikn source, it'd be best not to directly piss her off. So Cal followed her, glowering and staring at his new surroundings, muttering darkly under his breath. He wouldn't say anything unless someone addressed him, or was nonverbally asking for a lashing. And by nonverbally asking for a lashing, Cal meant a tiny bump on the shoulder, or a slightly hostile look. Any excuse to get into a fight, really.

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote        
All the kids as young as 6 and as old as mid-20s simultaneously walked out of their doors and into the hallway. It was set up so that as they walked down the hallway paths branching off were blocked by metal lattice gates, so that they funneled straight into a cafeteria after a few left and right hand turns through the facility.

The cafeteria looked much like that of a school cafeteria, with lines and trays and those little cartons of milk. There were also many plastic tables with chairs to accomodate everyone.

Ray walked up to the line and grabbed a tray, she threw a chocolate milk carton on, and handed it to the cafeteria lady to shovel on some chicken and stuffing. After grabbing utensils and an apple she headed out to find a table.

She picked an empty table and sat down with her food, making sure to sit in a direction where she could see her annoying little roomie.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote        
Cal followed on the girl's heels, still not knowing her name but not really caring all that much. He followed her example, though, grabbing food (making sure to glare fiercely at the cafeteria lady) and sitting down at a table. Still glowering. Not actually eating, just kind of poking at the goop. After a minute of this, he rested his chin on the table, trying to fully understand his new position. He could see that the kids in here were a little...warped. His new roommate being a good example.

"...lab rats," Cal breathed, "You have got to be fucking kidding me."

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:00 pm Reply with quote        
Ray finished her food and discarded her tray, she kicked back in her chair, and put her feet up on the table.

"Ray."

She nearly fell out of her chair at the sound of her name. "Uh yes?" she asked as she collected herself and removed her feet from the table.

A tall young man stood beside her in a lab coat, he had short loosely curled blonde hair.

"Have you been able to determine his ability yet?" he asked.

She scoffed, "No. It's hardly been an hour, could you calm down, yeesh." she cast her gaze away from him and laid her eyes on the kid. He was definitely different, most kids his age would know about their abilities and some even flaunted it. "You sure he's special?"

"Yes." he said through gritted teeth. I turned on his heel and walked off, leaving the room.

"What's his problem..." she muttered.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
Cal gave the scientist a bold sneer when the man's gaze flickered over to him. He didn't bother trying to listen past the din in the cafeteria, but at least he had a name for the girl. Ray. Good to know.

Something smacked into the back of Cal's head with mild force. Fists clenched, he turned, looking up...and up, into the eyes of a large young man, musclebound and with an impish grin.

"Sorry new kid,"
the ogre smirked, clearly not meaning it, "Didn't see you there." Cal's gaze didn't falter, nor did his snarl, despite the foot and a half height difference. The ogre cocked his head, clearly expecting a different response. Deciding that subtle lunchroom threats weren't going to work, the large young man grabbed Cal by the back of the neck and shoved his head against the table. This time, with more than just mild force.

"Don't make me step on you, shrimp," the ogre growled. He let up, and started walking away. Cal picked his head up, a grin spreading. He met eyes with Ray once, just before grabbing a fistful of stuffing and pitching directly at the back of the ogre's head.

Immediately, a hush fell over the cafeteria. Cal gave Ray a cheeky grin.

"I shoulda warned you, Caracortada," he said, "I'm a bit disruptive."

"I'm gonna KILL YOU, NEW KID!"

lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote        
Ray shot the kid a dirty look back. Well, this was his problem, he'd have to face the consequences. Maybe he'd finally grow a head on his shoulders if the ogre gave him a few whacks.

She kicked back her feet up onto the table and crossed her arms. If it looked liked the ogre was gonna kill him she /might/ step in. That was if someone else didn't step in before her.