Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / News & Announcements
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote        
After keeping relics going consistently for the last two years, we've decided that it's time to take a break and focus on more pressing things occurring behind the scenes.

We didn't want to ever have to do this, but as it stands, relics take up a very large portion of our resources and time each month. To be completely honest, they rarely bring in even half of what we put into them, which adds up each month. Instead, we're using that time to invest into V3 development, in hopes of pushing us along even further in our progress on this project.

We do plan on releasing small item updates every now and then, to keep things moving during this lull in our activity around the site. But they will be few and far between, and not consistent like the relics were.

Hopefully everyone will understand why we've chosen to do this. For now though, if you're interested in our progress on V3 development, you can keep up with it on our Dev Blog as well as most of our social sites. (facebook, twitter)

Thank you again for all of your support these last few years! We hope to bring new life into Midorea with this project, as well as give us the opportunity to make Midorea even better for you guys.
SheWhoTamPlays

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote        
A suggestion, not everyone has Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr (personally, they kill my computer). Would it be possible to slap plain text updates on a simpler to load and less fashionable blog like Dreamwidth or something like that?
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote        
We could post updates somewhere in the forums, if that might help?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
SheWhoTamPlays

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
If it's possible to get notified for them, that'd work mighty fine. I and my computer are just terribly unfashionable, can't keep up with the in hangouts. lol
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote        
You can choose to be notified whenever a reply is posted in any given thread from the page that you type your posts on. Right above the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons on that page are a bunch of check boxes. The bottom one says "Notify me when a reply is posted" - so you can just click the check box for that, and you'll receive emails whenever new posts appear in a thread. :]

Cat recently made this thread where it looks like she'll post v3 updates. However, I haven't talked to her about it, so I could be wrong. Please correct me if I am, Cat! If I am right, you can choose to follow that thread to receive v3 updates.

I hope my post makes sense. ^^; It's incredibly late, and I'm about to go to bed. Please tell me if I can clear anything up for you.

Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:53 am Reply with quote        
Yes, you're spot on Chu. You can also watch individual threads by pressing the "watch" button at the top right of the thread, so it'll only email you when a reply has been made to that specific thread.

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
SheWhoTamPlays

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote        
Thanks, got it watched.

Despite helpful treasure boxes and such. Weeeee
hiei

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:58 pm Reply with quote        
I'm fine with that as long as stuff is happen. : 0
This site has far to much potential to just have it die like that.
neomattlac

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote        
Yeah, that.
I've been following along with the updates and stuff, and I'm getting really excited.