Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic Official Talk About Other Avatar Sites Discussion Thread
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
I believe he still owns Eli....at least from my understanding he still does. I also believe he owns at least one other avatar community...unless it has shut down as well. But I don't remember because it has definitely been a while since I saw him post an announcement about things on Eli for various forums he owns.
pompon-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:43 am Reply with quote        
I'm supah loving the alpha launch of caedon.net :3
and Khiru Starlings in progress / . /

also also SKYE!!! Q A Q

SheWhoTamPlays

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote        
I've been a member of UniFaction for a long time, but things have kind of gone down the tubes there. Which is why I'm here. I'm like the boll weevil in the old song. Looking for a home.
Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
Roliana's having a reboot, and while I was thinking about leaving there, I do hope the staff is able to gain control of the site again, and I have donated to their cause. x3

varen

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:38 am Reply with quote        
//u \\;; i just dropped by to say that I created a forum to help avatar sites be promoted or get additional help. Q uQ;; Sorry, if I sound annoying I am just trying to spread the word out:

Katsuya

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:34 pm Reply with quote        
I'm worried about Gaia. Whoever is calling the shots over there has really wrecked the place in this last year. There are a huge amount of very angry and upset users. I dread to think where it's going to go from here... I truly think there's a possibility of it closing down, and I'm not the only one. At the least, half of the fun's been sucked out of it for me. With how badly economy is inflated, I'm resigned to never being able to afford any nice items ever again... so I've nothing to strive for.

I wish I could get into Solia. Solia's avatars are among the best around, in my opinion. But I just can't take to the actual place for some reason. It feels... I don't know, kind of impenetrable, somehow.
Saygen40

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:53 pm Reply with quote        
I hope they don't shut Gaia down. Although I parted ways with them years ago, I still have years of role playing material in their guilds that I'd be devastated to lose - not to mention friends that I only ever contact through the site.

But I agree, the inflation is horrible, and it will only get worse. Their silver sinks are somewhat effective, but it leaves people who aren't willing to pay real cash without equal experiences. I did one of their events recently and didn't enjoy the game because I wasn't willing to spend the gold to enjoy it.

Admittedly, though, I don't understand how the site could actually close down. There are still many invested parties and sales of gift cards to support it.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote        
The gold sinks were only useful for the five minutes until they released another gold generator. And then another, and another... It looks to me and everyone else I think like the people in charge don't give one single damn about the users anymore, so long as they're making money. We all understand that the site must make money and is undoubtedly expensive to run, but the way they're going about things just now is just so wrong. They've given no sign that they're taking any notice whatsoever of their users' concerns, of the thousands of threads and polls showing how upset everyone is. If they would just communicate a bit, explain why they're doing what they're doing, then they could easily diffuse the situation. Right now it's being really terribly mishandled.

Maybe it is a bit dramatic to talk of it closing down... but I can't forget about TinierMe; I was there when that went under and the last few months were eerily similar to what's going on at Gaia now. And TinierMe was a big operation too; a lot of people poured a lot of money into that site. The Japanese version of the site is still up and running last I saw; I did make an account there... though I didn't feel like investing too much time there because my account could be banned any time (you're not allowed to use the site if you live outside Japan). Everything being in Japanese made navigation somewhat challenging as well.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote        
I thought people were exaggerating when they were talking about the inflation on Gaia.

It's only been a few months at the least since I last logged on, and the coco kitty had dropped to 200k when i checked. I log in today and the lowest price is 5,395,750,750 gold.

H O W

(The OMG hat is 100bil gold. Never thought I'd see that. what did they do to mess up so badly?)

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Saygen40

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote        
Oh shit, I looked at the Marketplace a couple months ago as well and the prices have risen dramatically since then. Talk about a lesson in economics. It's like a mini USA. XD Perhaps they should hire a college econ graduate next instead of a programmer. Jab

I wonder if the number of sales per day has been falling because of the inflation?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:00 am Reply with quote        
Hard to say about that, but I did see this yesterday:

Want proof we hate Gold Generators?

Those statistics are from the end of last year, and things have only become worse... much worse, since then.

I guess the staff have decided that if they're doing to fuck things up, might as well do it big time! Weeeee

I mean, they're working hard. They really are. This might not be something you've noticed but another awful thing lately is the sheer volume of announcements they're putting out advertising these gold generators and cash shop sales and so on:

2 Years of Announcements in Review [JUNE DATA ADDED, 446]

Duh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:10 pm Reply with quote        
pompon-chan wrote:
I'm supah loving the alpha launch of caedon.net :3
and Khiru Starlings in progress / . /

also also SKYE!!! Q A Q

They are still in progress. I donated, I hope they get to work soon.
As for my sites, you can check em on my Tumblr
RinLin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37 pm Reply with quote        
I made an accurate GIF. :3