Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Mock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, now all I need is a deck. What kind of shops sell Tarot cards?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote        
Mock wrote:
Hehe, now all I need is a deck. What kind of shops sell Tarot cards?

well, my advice would be to shop around on the internet first, have a look at a few different card scans and see which deck 'speaks' to you clearest, which symbols you find the most accessible. i myself have different decks for different uses.

i've tried some different magick systems, but really there's not much i actually want to use it for. i'm not very ritualistic, stuff tends to happen spontaneously , i'll take advantage of an incredibly emotional moment for charge for instance. for the most part the best thing i've learned through studying the occult is how to manage my own quantum field. the more work i do on myself, the more i illuminate of myself and become self-aware, the more peace and relief i can bring to others just by being around them which is my fundamental intent.

your deepest most profound intent influences the choices and actions you take, which directly affects the all-encompassing nebula of possibility. 'magick' i find really quite ordinary, but then maybe i would using the de-mystifying psychological/neuroscientific paradigm. i know many people prefer to interface using gods and spirits or some other thing. whatever works.
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:15 pm Reply with quote        
I saw a SteamPunk Tarot deck at a book store the other day. It seemed funny to me that someone would base a mystic based item on steam powered technology.
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote        
Strix Varia wrote:
I saw a SteamPunk Tarot deck at a book store the other day. It seemed funny to me that someone would base a mystic based item on steam powered technology.

ah i'm looking at it now! it's beautiful lol! the internet is saying it's based off rider-waite symbols just with steampunk clothing instead of medieval.
Mock

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote        
UPDATE! Just before Christmas, I was looking around town and found not only a Tarot deck, but also a book on learning to read it! It's so awesome. I've finished studying the individual meanings of the cards, and have done my first three readings (on myself, of course). My memory and concentration abilities make it very easy. Of course, if I didn't have the book, it would be a whole nother story!

After a quick search, I have found the same deck and book on Amazon here.

WEREWOLVES!
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:42 pm Reply with quote        
that deck looks beautiful too. the illustrations are very striking and bold. maybe i could coerce you into giving me a reading sometime?
Mock

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote        
Hehe, that might not be for a while-- I've only done my first three readings and am not very practiced at it. Maybe in a few weeks, optimistically? I have to take it slow; that amount of sustained concentration really saps my energy. After those three readings (in a row), I was going to do more work on my arrangement, but didn't have the energy and read some more of a webcomic instead. That was a mistake, as the story and characters consumed my thoughts for the next two hours, and that was dinner-making day, so I ended up having dinner three hours after I was supposed to... yeah, I'm babbling.

Basically, I'm a newbie to Tarot reading, so I need time to improve before reading for others.

WEREWOLVES!
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote        
Yeah I'm pretty lax in my practice of it tbh. I find it harder to read for others than I do myself, sometimes it's difficult to tear my eyes off myself if you get my drift lol Learning all the kabbalistic associations took a while but was pretty fun and now it comes easy. A nice lady at a festival showed me how to intuitively read the cards which I find much more difficult. The trick she showed me was to suspend rational apprehension and allow the mind to be drawn to a particular detail and focus in on that, allowing subconscious information to feed the reading. Like following a star. 'Getting into the scene' of the card also assists this, try to step into the scene and imagine yourself within the card, helps in getting a feel for what is represented there.

But yeah don't worry about having a relaxed attitude to it. It's important to take things in your own stride especially in matters such as these, a lot like doing tai-chi. Things have a way of unfolding in their own measure in the right place along the flowing currents of spacetime.