Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The University
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:44 pm Reply with quote        
it's the language of dreams.
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:52 pm Reply with quote        
I sincerely doubt I could. It seemingly involves losing some measure of control over yourself and what comes out, and I am, unfortunately, a control freak. There's no way I'd ever allow myself to actually try that, as interesting as it sounds. Only time I'd ever lose control enough is while dreaming, and I don't remember my dreams anyway.

That said, considering what automatic writing actually IS, it's not actually that surprising that it sounds like a mad oracles prophetic ranting. After all, an oracle is supposed to have a message of some sort come from some sort of higher power to the oracle, who then recites it for the 'benefit' of mortals. Similar principle, something (whether external forces or the person's subconscious) is causing a message to appear, although not always meaningful. I suppose automatic writing come easily be seen as just a way of putting the messages onto paper or something, rather than staying verbal or even just purely mental as most oracles are.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote        
Oh that's fair enough. I imagine you have the tight control complex for good reason.

Yes, there is a measure of abandon involved. So it becomes important to 'close the gates' afterwards. I loosen up the ego entirely and essentially make a portion of my awareness unconscious which is then interpreted by the right hemisphere of my brain as an external voice, 'the voice of God' whatever. Consider it manually-induced hallucination. Normally such processing is done with mainly left hemisphere structures or unilaterally which manifests in everyday egoistic self-consciousness.

Afterwards I do highly analytical things and assert my individuality in order to regain normal command, and I speak to people in modern syntax.
Nab Cachet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote        
Incidentally consciousness during gnosis transcends both egoistic and bicameral modes of language translation. I've had some extremely interesting conversations with others in this state of mind. Without gnosis however, the words sound as random ramblings.