Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / The Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292  Next
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Iowa is cold and snowy. The last several years, the various cities have bought enough road salt, propane, and other winter gear to supply through several major blizzards. And of course in those past years, we received a number of small mildly amusing snow flurries. This year the cities decided to save some money and buy only what they thought we would need so of course we are getting buried and everyone is scrambling for more sand and salt and this and that ...

Winter is fun Cool

Does official official mean that is officially in development or it has officially been implemented?

(EDIT: Oh my .. everything just turned orange. I guess that might answer my question!)
lexi luthor
Coordinator
Coordinator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:37 pm Reply with quote        
Strix Varia wrote:
Have you ever been to a city hall meeting? Every city has them. Usually they happen once a month. But very few people actually ever attend them. I do not know what sort of time limit you have but you might check out when the next one is for either your town or a nearby one. Usually they post the meeting times on the internet these days so it would be easy to find.

If time does not allow for that, I would suggest going to the local courthouse and sitting in on a couple criminal court hearings. They are usually open to the public for free. Sometimes you can hear some interesting cases come through. Also it is a good idea to know where the legal rooms are located and how the system works in case you ever need to use it yourself.

I actually went to my first city hall meeting last year to be awarded a plaque and recognized for a logo I made for our town's family resources center :3 But I never thought to go to the local courthouse and sit in on a criminal hearing, that sounds like a lot of fun actually, and something that I would be able to write a lot about Smile Thanks for the suggestion!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote        
I'm in Dallas now! Where it is cold, and grey, and occasionally snowy. BUT MOSTLY COLD AND GREY. This is a bit of a problem, since I need sunlight like diabetics need insulin. Only a slight exaggeration there, I have super bad SAD, and insufficient sunlight just knocks me out. I've been sleeping a lot and having trouble functioning.

On the plus side, I get to see my boyfriend! For the whole month! I fly back to CA in March. Yaay. I must try and talk said boyfriend into replacing the lights with full-spectrum bulbs. They don't fix my problems with overcast weather, but they do help keep me afloat.

It's a bit disappointing, if it weren't for the depression trigger, I'd like overcast and rainy days a lot. The world is pretty like this.

I'm also applying for school, trying to get health coverage, figuring out a game plan for the next several months, deciding if I want to renew my least or move, and trying to be a responsible adult-type person and make a finances budget.

On the fun side, I've been cooking a lot, watching Game of Thrones, and making myself do crafts and create jewelry (hopefully to sell.)

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Freshie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:55 pm Reply with quote        
Milkshake parties at Freshie's!

I just aquired this. :3

KaceyCat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote        
...Dude. MILKSHAKES!

On a side note, are you going to be bringing all the boys to your yard now?
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 am Reply with quote        
Well, I don't know about the boys but I'll certainly be over soon. Oh Mai
Saygen40

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 pm Reply with quote        
That milkshake machine is making me want to break up with my current boyfriend. Oh god, what is this sorcery!? D:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:45 am Reply with quote        
You can buy malt powder at most grocery stores. Stir some of that powder into the mix to make malted milkshakes. It's actually kinda good.
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote        
*jaw drops*
I want a milkshake! That is awesome, Freshie!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote        
Freshie is trying to bring all the boys to the yard. I wish my milkshakes would bring them to mine. Sad Maybe Freshie would teach me... though I'm sure she'd charge...

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
TerrenaAnimula

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote        
Umm...Cat? I like totally kinda sung that in my head to the tune of the song. XD

I'm actually hearing that song a lot on the radio now. It's making a comeback. Not complaining...because I liked the song then and I still do. It's just so catchy!
Catghost
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:40 am Reply with quote        
it's been exactly two months from the last post in this thread. Oh Mai

welp, what's everyone been up to since then?

MIDOREA GAME DEV! WE'RE MAKING NEW MIDOREA ADVENTURE GAMES
Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:01 pm Reply with quote        
Guh. I've been so busy lately that I'm hardly ever around here anymore. T.T You know, real life sucks what with its term papers/finals, doctors appointments, new medications, possibly joining a band, searching for work, helping with boy scouts, flea-marketing...and just other busy stuffs. Duh

Buuuuut, I digress, how has everyone else been lately? ^^;

Freshie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 pm Reply with quote        
Freshie is still alive!

Just work and apartment hunting is getting me all excited and then bummed out. x_x

Freshie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote        
Hey! Updates from me!

I finally got my new apartment and moved in this past week! :3
Plus got two jobs now!
*dances*
I won't be online 24/7 but we're gonna work it out. :3

Post new topic   Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289, 290, 291, 292  Next