Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78, 79  Next
Strix Varia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote        
It is kind of morbid but medical science is still finding valid uses for leeches. I do not think that posting links would be appropriate but some situations apparently do call for the actual leech. A tube in the side is a somewhat higher tech version of that but it's still scary how it can still be effective.

As far as it being safe? All I can say is that most hospitals are paranoid about malpractice lawsuits. I doubt they would let someone out with a hole in their side unless they were very certain that it would be safe. I know someone who has a port in their chest so the doctors can just plug in a tube to draw blood. That way they do not have to bother with long pointy needles all the time. It makes me wonder if the vampire community has picked up on this idea yet.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
Makes me want one since needles scare me. But getting one of those would be scarier. >w<The>w<

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote        
God my head is in a bad place.
Last night, I got drunk for a few reasons. One of them was legit. That was because I am making a game that has a drunk mechanic and I wanted to remember what it was like. Another was because I was trying to get away from myself. I've just been in this funk lately, and I've felt so lonely. I've been able to get over it before, but lately I've felt hopeless. I've tried increasing and decreasing my sleep, I've tried to change the way I think, and some other stuff. I need to get back exercising too. I'm sure that'll help. Whatever. It was only the second time I got drunk, ever. But, I'm definitely in a bad place. I noticed I've been overly hard on myself lately, my body image is horrible, and my self-esteem is flat. Even if that one girl was hitting on me, I think. I just can't do anything.

Precious Misery

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:51 am Reply with quote        
Unless you're a literal angel then we've pretty much all been there in different ways. The first reason is legit in your mind but I guess that's all that really counts. The positive thing that I can say is that, unlike a lot of people that feel hopeless and in a funk, you're actually trying to get out of it and I can commend you for that.

The only other thing that I can really say is, don't just do things that will be good for you, even though that's a great start. Do things that actually make you feel good, either about yourself or just in general. You said you're making a game? If it makes you happy then focus on that and things that could be related to that and still make you feel good and feel accomplished. That's all I can really suggest. I'm sorry if it doesn't help any.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote        
Trust me, the game and my various bits of homework doesn't help. I'm considerably better now that I've gotten a little bit of fitness back into my schedule. I like being strong, and that helps. The fact that people seem to have found me attractive lately really helps. Beyond that, I really came out of it the day after I got drunk, last Sunday. I just realized I never want to be like that again.
Also, and I hate this, I realize I complain a lot and do very little to change it. On the other hand, I will pray for something and it comes to me, either directly or through an opportunity. I'm not religious by any means, but I swear it works.
I just wish I had real friends that wanted to hang out some time. I've offered, but everyone is busy.

fickle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:36 pm Reply with quote        
i dont have any friends irl either. i do desire to have a friend whos a girl, for now im ok with it though, im awake when the rest of the town is asleep due to work. i have my family too, which consists of my boyfriend, his cat, and myself. Soft Smile and i think i want to try socializing with my other family. my time is too occupied for anything else, but still, it would be nice to talk to another girl.

anyways neomattlac, i have an idea. you can become a regular at a local park, coffee shoppe, restaurant, or a gym even, wherever, and slowly socialize with people. eventually you might make new friends. it's a slow process cos you cant stalk people or freak them out or talk to them when theyre really just trying to read a book in a coffee shop, or running on the treadmill at a gym, or in the middle of a basketball game at a park. theres a time and a place for socializing, a conversation could spark. remember to give people room, and gesture hi, or say hello to anyone who showed you kindness the time before. like youre trying to get a feral cat to want to sit next to you, be patient. as for your current friends, i suppose the best thing to do is wait for them to come to you. /shrugs/ i dont know.

you most likely dont need any advice on fitness but i want you to do 10 burpees Happy and im also inviting you to my fitness lounge /points to walnuts in her signature

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote        
I really hate burpees. The first 2 are okay, but I'm done after that. And push-ups, nooooooo.

My issue lately has been my mental state. Been a roller coaster. Some days I'm happy and energetic, some days I'm sleepy, lethargic, and irritable, and most days I'm a mix. Usually, I'm tired and sleep until 2pm. About 2 until 3:30pm, I'm pretty good. Then, between 3:30 and 5-ish I get super sleepy. Then, I'm pretty good until about 9pm. 9pm to 11pm, I'm sleepy. 11pm to 2am, I'm awake. After that, hopefully, I'm asleep 'til noon. XD
But, at night, my mind gets really negative and I try to avoid thinking about it, and try to sleep early, but rarely succeed. But during the day, I'm fairly happy or, at least, content. I know it's the depression talking, but yeah.

fickle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:28 am Reply with quote        
why are you done after that? burpees are suppose to get your heart rate up, it's a cardio exercise. youre not tired even though it feels that way. you have a lot of energy to burn. and also, if you do exercise, you wouldnt have any trouble staying up because youd be more energetic. it sounds funny, but you need to burn energy in order for your body to produce more, otherwise it will put it out as waste or store it in fat.

it's ok if you can only do 2 burpees though, but i think you can do more. are you pushing yourself to your full potential? my advice would be to do as many as you can, even if it's 2, 6 nights a week. if you keep it up, you'll be able to do more and more. you see, what happens is your body adapts to it, it gets used to it, it starts to expect it which is what you want. pretty much, it prepares you for the next time you do purpees, your muscles adapt to being able to do burpees. all it takes is routine and time for your body to adapt. just give your body the chance to get used to it and adapt. be patient with your body, you'll be rewarded. it's an easy challenge. my favorite fitness instructor says "if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you" working out is not hard, it's challenging and easy.

why not pushups? it's easier on the knees. just keep your back straight. it's also cardio, itll raise your heart rate and breathing, youre not dying, youre not tired, not even if you feel a burn in the arms, thats just lactic acid. stop when you lose form.

anyways, it may be easier to go out for a run. i think you clearly need a little cardio since all you do is sleep and when youre not sleeping, youre tired.

i dont have any advice for fixing sleep patterns ):

why do you get negative?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:55 pm Reply with quote        
29 January 2014
Replied into fitness thread.

04 April 2014
Today... well, a few minutes ago, (when I awoke from a heavy nap) I found myself admitting something fairly... important (and later, something else important). I'm depressed, but I don't actually think I have depression. I have the symptoms, but my trends and how I feel don't match up to it. I found myself explaining it as such. I am downtrodden because I am lonely. After going to Germany, I realized I'm one of the types I dislike; I like being the focus of attention, which is odd since I'm also shy/introverted. Lately, every time I've had a conversation, I keep directing it towards me. I used to be not as bad, because I had taught myself to find attention by weaving stories really well (lying) and just being brightly aware.
Combine the fact that I have always had poor self-esteem and body image, and you end up with someone who constantly wants others to help them change without doing much work; myself. And that's part of why I don't think I have lost weight. I constantly look outward for approval because it's attention. It also may be why I was coerced into culinary management, and why I want to get into business, marketing, and politics.
The other half of my downtrodden-ness, which I think is heavily tied in, is that I have been really, really lonely for a long time, because I find it hard to trust people. As I told a new friend the other day, "I'm an all or nothing guy." I either trust someone completely or not at all, which isn't entirely true. I will trust someone a little until they prove one way or the other, and then I'll jump in both feet. My issue is that I want that constant praise from them, but I'm unwilling to ask for it or to divulge that I want that, because I've been taught that that mindset is bad. Also, I'm clingy and don't want to become clingy and then have them be like "Ew, he's clingy" and leave me broken. And the fact that I can't have myself get past that point with a girl makes me distant, but the other one is falling completely for her. I did that once a few years ago, when a girl I really loved and I started getting distant, but it was too late. That was over 4 years ago, and I can gaurentee you I still, at the very least, like her. It doesn't help that she's a friend and see her fairly regularly, and has only gotten more attractive in my eyes (in her own eyes, quite the obvious, but I just shut up because she said she just wants to be friends Sad ). I had honestly been willing to change my everything for her (and still would be willing to, if she gave me another shot); I imagined everything up to the marriage, career choices, children, house, the whole 9 yards. I've tried getting over her, but I'm having a hard time. The other option I've very strongly considered, I think I've told you about, I lost my chance with her.
She practically planned the date for me, and I just never followed through. Now she's all the way across the country, and barely knows I exist let alone like her. She's really kind, the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen, and just Oh Mai . This is her. I only recently realized that she's not actually a 10/10. I guess the illusion has worn off, but she is still sooo attractive in my mind. I'm going to shut up now.

neomattlac

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote        
Updated my previous post.

fickle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
everyone wants to be noticed and praised, it's nothing to be ashamed of. i didnt get much praising myself so when i got praise or noticed by my teachers or friends, i didnt know how to handle it. it was a lot of pressure to be the center of attention, i didnt enjoy it but i was very happy to see people proud of me. i think the fact is that everyone is always thinking about themselves, seeing how they can be of use, what they would do if xyz happens, or thinking about what other people think of them, etc. the reason for this is because everyone is experiencing this world, the life theyre living subjectively. they are the most important person they know, and you neomattlac are like that. you are important to yourself, all of your experiences, everything you see, feel, touch, you have to sort out everything that is happening to you and the way that people sort everything out is relative to them. so if someone is having a conversation about going to an ice cream shop and ordering chocolate ice cream, their favorite, and you start thinking about your favorite flavor and want to share what yours is, dont be shy! go ahead and talk about ice cream. youre not changing the attention from them to you, the topic is ice cream not you, so dont worry if you feel like you seem self absorbed. youre only talking about what you know about the topic through your own life experiences. but you could be strategic in the way you say it, like starting off with saying "i love that place, last time i went there i got my favorite flavor too, banana."
i can only speak because of everything that i know and experienced.

i could be wrong, but you could have also been looking outward for motivation, for someone to say that you can do it, you can work hard and get what you've always wanted. maybe what you wanted is approval of your choice to lose weight, and imo, this is a good thing, to have one person that believes in you.
first step, accept the situation youre currently in, and i DONT mean to accept it, feel nothing, do nothing, what i mean is to face it, this is how you are now. like right now, see yourself, this is your state of being right now. are you dissatisfied? DO SOMETHING. think about it, how do you feel? angry? use that anger to energize you to get moving. whether youre feeling angry, sad, content, use that energy to start. second step is to set an attainable goal, a specific one that you can measure. write down your goal, write down how long you think it will take (6 months to a year), then write down in a paragraph why this is important to you. look at your goal, take the time to think about all of the things you have to do in order to attain your goal, write it down as soon as it comes to mind even if it sounds silly. in doing so, you've broken your goal into smaller goals that are more easily attainable. example:
draw environments as well as bluefley. 1 year.
i want to get better at drawing environments because i think it will add a lot of character, motion, and emotion to anything i draw. i want to be able to tell a story with one drawing.
1. look up perspective drawing
2. how to draw with vanishing point
3. learn about color theory
etc. i hope you get the idea.
dont ever feel bad for wanting praise, people praise and want to be praised and it happens all the time. lol, i wonder how many people are being praised or praising right now. and it's ok when someone doesnt notice, it's nothing against you, they just happen to be focused on other things more. praise yourself, "i'm proud. i feel good about what i did." be reasonable and dont set high expectations for being praised. are you unteaching yourself the mindset?
also nothing wrong with wanting to be the center of your loves attention. it's good to realize that thats what youre wanting, i think youre a nice guy and you would also want what is best for them and realize that their life is their own, that they have their own set of things that theyre interested in besides you. naturally, it can be overwhelming for the other person if you become too demanding of their attention when they have things they want to do.

idk how well my dating advice is, i havent dated very much :P i suggest finding out what women find attractive, generally speaking, but i think aside from the usual things that people say all the time, like attractive physically and mentally, passionate, funny, lives on his own, i think a lot of women find men who are driven attractive. like men who have plans, who know what they want and work every day to achieve their dreams. women also like a sense of security for themselves and possible children, though maybe theyre not consciously thinking of children, it's attractive when a man can be dependable in that way. also men who are confident.

i cant see the link, it says "content not found." i think it's best to respect her wishes. im not saying you arent cos idk if you are, but the sooner you start thinking of her as a friend and not someone to pursue, the better it would be for her. less stressful. you risk losing her as a friend if you dont respect her desire to be friends.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote        
(I started reading this, but I'll come back tomorrow to finish. I have a really big project due in a few hours and shouldn't even be here. )
So far, from what I've read, you're right and I don't have much to say.

fickle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:36 pm Reply with quote        
alright. i'm sorry i type a lot.

are you excited about changing? get excited about it because you know you dont have to be this way forever, you can do it. picture what you want and get excited to reach it C:

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 1:01 am Reply with quote        
So, I have made some serious changes. Serious to me, others may think it's less than so.
For one, I started seeing my therapist again. Not as often as I'd like, but she's a busy person. Secondly, the therapist recommended I see a psychiatrist. He thinks I would benefit quite a bit from medicine. The issue here is that both, therapist and psychiatrist, are employed by my college and I graduate in a week or so (hopefully). Once I graduate, sayonara!
I thought that, because I would be working for the school and would still get full access to the gym, I would also get full access to counseling services, but I was wrong. The medicine, in particular, takes about six weeks to work and, legally, the patient must be monitored throughout that time.
My issue is that this stupid depression has driven me into a deep hole, and I can't even spread my wings to fly to my goal, until I've climbed out of the hole.

fickle

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote        
if something is wrong with your brain, if your stress hormones are elevated and your fight or flight part of your brain is frequently activated, there is a cause to it. while taking antidepressants will help you to feel less stress, it wont help you with whats causing you so much trouble. what is causing this response in your own brain and body is your own mind, in order for you to fight depression you have to gain control of your own thoughts and feelings instead of letting it have control of you, navigating you through life in ways you dont want to. and you know you dont want to, i know you dont want to cos you talk about it all the time, it's time you start taking control of your own mind for christ sake.
yes, this is another big post for you to brush off. i'm sorry if it bothers you that i type so much.

believe it or not, you DO yave control over your own mind, you have more control over your mind and body than you have control over your job. i know this sounds a little weird but it's something you have to experience in order for it to make sense. you have to navigate your own self through life, drugs will only turn down the fight or flight response, it will never give you the will power to live as you want to. only you can do that. and just like any other part of the body, your brain needs routine in order for something to stick by way of exercising your brain every day just like taking medicine every day but much less expensive and much more effective long term. i honestly suggest getting to the root of each thing that stresses you out as you go about your day, and it's easier to do this if you meditate. i saw you mentioned meditation hasnt worked for you, if it's because youre thinking too much and cant focus, youre only starting to notice how much youre thinking, and this is the first step in meditation. it doesnt mean youre doing it wrong, if you notice how much your mind is active, it's good! keep at it and when youre aware, always remain judgement free and let go of the thought. dont push it out of your mind, dont get disgusted with it or judge it in any way, just let it go, bring your mind back to the shiney lights you see when you close your eyes, or your breath. if youre focused on your breath, think to yourself "rising" as you inhale and feel that energy surging through you and "falling" as you exhale and feel that energy release. and if i may also add, medicine cant change the way your brain is structured, meditation can. meditation reduces the size of the part of the brain responsible for fight or flight (stress), and part responsible for rational thinking grows in size.

isnt it odd that the use of antidepressants has gone up 400% in the past 25 years but the rate of depression hasnt changed? this is because it doesnt get rid of what causes you stress, it only nullifies it for a period of time, which is why a lot of people take it for more than 10 years, become dependent on drugs, and never see any changes in their stress levels off of drugs. a lot of times i feel like you dont really read my posts, you just skim through it, half understand it, and move on because what i'm telling you to do is to work, but youre looking for something easy, like drugs. is it true? do you want it to be easy? i hate to tell you this but it takes effort to be happy, it takes effort to get what you want, to get moving, to take the first step, and especially to keep taking steps. you CANNOT medicate your stress away, only you have control over your brain, body, and mind. if you start off your day starting with the thought "shit, i have to go to work," thinking about how much of a bummer it is, then take an antidepressant because you just dont want to get sad, thats just like grabbing a baseball bat, hitting yourself in the face with it three times, then taking an advil.

anyways, i'm happy to hear youre seeing your therapist again, thats one step in the right direction. i'm happy for you Happy i wholeheartedly disagree with your psychiatrist, i think the only one who would benefit from you taking antidepressants is the pharmaceutical industry for the reasons i stated above.