Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Private Roleplaying
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic Close Encounters...of the Dead Kind. (Sly and June-June.)
Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail cocked her head to the side, processing the words more than the items before her before recognizing the apology. Giggling faintly, she waved her hands in front of her chest.

"You're worrying over the wrong thing. Just because I'm confused doesn't mean we can't be friends. If that were the case, I'd have no friends, since most people I talk to want to talk about these types of things and it usually goes over my head. And I'll still go so long as I don't have to have everything you told me memorized beforehand. That'll take time." A lot of time, but somehow she'd manage. She'd just have to treat it like studying.

Taking a bite of cake finally, she let the sweet texture melt into her mouth while debating how to proceed. How could she explain it? The family background of the Normals seemed to tend towards passing through the paranormal. "When I was little, my mom told me stories a lot. She'd say the person at the counter was a ghost and that was why no one noticed them, or that the girl staring at a book was reading the story of her death. It's sort of a normal thing in my family. My uncle used to try telling me those stories too when I first moved here to live with him, after my mom died. He told me that it was a 'Normal' thing...

"But no matter how many stories they told me, I honestly never believed them. I mean, I could see those people like anyone else, and my parents saw them too. There were logical reasons...And so I began to study a lot. And then studying became fun, and I forgot why I was studying. But I guess I never really forgot. My reasons just changed, you know?"

She paused, realizing she was rambling and soon took a rather large gulp of cake to stop her chatter. "Sorry. I haven't talked about that type of thing in a while...So I guess I went a bit overboard."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote        
After a few moments, Marius had agreed to back down but Eden could still feel him lurking cautiously just under the surface of her mind. He was edgy and that made her edgy. She had to be more careful about what she got worked up about, as her own personal knight so hated to see a woman in distress.

She listened to Abby's explanation intently and looked up, smiling a bit sheepishly.

"Oh, well then I'm glad. Sorry I got so worked up over it; it was my misunderstanding. I just tend to get a little defensive about the whole thing, because...well, back home not a lot of people believe in the supernatural side of things. I always did, and I was always laughed at. Then my...my friend had an accident while we were out ghost hunting...she died. I almost did...and when I told everyone what happened they all thought I was crazy. My parents had me sent to a hospital as a matter of fact. So, I learned to distance myself from anyone who would judge me like that again and decided to study science. So, hopefully one day I'll be able to prove that I'm not crazy...that she wasn't...and that the unexplained can be explained."

Eden's voice had gotten very quiet and she could feel the hot sting of tears at her eyes again. She smiled again, brushing a strand of hair out of her face.

"Sorry. I guess you didn't ask for a sob story, huh? But, I do understand your reasoning and I'm grateful to have a friend here. And don't worry, you don't have to memorize anything so long as your with me or someone who does know, you know, for safety. There won't be a quiz or anything."
Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:01 pm Reply with quote        
She wanted to hug her. She didn't believe that a ghost had killed her friend, but something had, obviously. Whatever it was must have been dangerous- and plenty scary to witness either way.

"While I can't say I believe in ghosts and similarly don't believe a ghost necessarily killed her...I don't believe you'd lie about something so important as someone dying. And since you were there, you clearly know at least enough about what you're talking about. I think I prefer your hope to explain the unexplained though. When you do find the explanation...Make sure to tell me, okay?"

She smiled gently before finishing her cake without another peep. She sipped her tea and ate like a simple lady, unsure of what else really could be said anyhow. She wasn't afraid from the story. No, she wasn't afraid of being killed by a ghost or some other type of paranormal creature. The only thing she had to worry about was her bad night vision and her dust allergy...Right?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote        
Eden smiled warily at Abby. She had never really opened up to anyone like this, least of all someone who didn't actually believe her. But still, at least the girl was kind about her disbelief.

"I will tell you, for sure. Who knows? Maybe you'll be there to help me figure out the answers."

She chuckled lightly and finished her snack and coffee in silence. She closed her eyes momentarily and searched for Marius; he was relatively sedate at the corner of her mind and, refreshingly, comforting instead of condescending and cynical...for once.

Eden sighed and arranged the empty dishes in front of her before checking her watch; it was just after 4pm and they really should be going soon.

"So...whenever your ready, I think maybe we ought to get going. It's getting close to the start of sunset." Sweat

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:39 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail nodded as she stood, finishing her food and drink without a rush but without dilly-dallying. When she stood, she felt her hair fall to tickle her neck awkwardly, sending a shiver down her spine as she moved to pick up the trash. "We can throw out what we don't need on the way then. It'll be interesting to see if there are any books in fair condition."

Of course, a Normal always loved books. Even though she was the only one in her family not intrigued as much as labelled by her family name, she wasn't by any means completely dissimilar to her relatives. Like most of her family, books were like a drug she couldn't hide from. It boiled her blood much like her stubborn tendencies.

Throwing her garbage out in the trash can by the door, she turned to Eden with a smile. "Let's see what there is to see, shall we?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:52 am Reply with quote        
Eden followed suit to Abby, threw out her trash, and walked out the door into the waning sunlight. The air was nice, not too cool, not too warm; that was the nice thing about this time of year, the weather could be very accommodating. She walked brusquely a bit ahead and to the left of her friend and made light conversation as the two walked the sidewalks to the outskirts of town where the old library lay.

The building cast an ominous shadow in the failing sunlight as they approached. It had obviously once been a nice place, and rather grand, as far as libraries went. Now, however, it moldered in a state of disrepair; the crumbling facade giving the whole street an air of abandonment. It no longer looked much like a library, or any habitable building at all for that matter. Weeds had grown up on the ignored, sloping lawn, several windows were broken out and the front door was boarded up with an enormous, spray-painted 'DANGER: KEEP OUT' across the front.

Eden gulped a little as they stepped closer to the building. The temperate air seemed to chill by a fair few degrees and she could feel Marius tensing somewhere in her mind. Well, the spirit obviously thought something tenuous was up at any rate.

"Well, I guess we...use the back door. Heh. I don't know about any good old books, but I'd lay money something's here, anyway."

Thatis strikingly obvious, dear lady.

Before Eden had a chance to retort to Marius's snide comment, she felt a slight dizzying sensation, a brief disconnecting with the world around her, and her own hand shot out in front of her, striking the boarded door with a surprising amount of force; oddly enough, it didn't hurt too badly. The wood shattered as she struck it, releasing a bout of icy, musty-smelling air out into the day. A bit shocked, and more-than-a-little annoyed, Eden peered tentatively into the darkness of the old library beyond, chills prickling the back of her neck. She looked sheepishly over at Abby and cleared her throat. "Or...we could just go in this way." Sweat Shaking her head, she stepped towards the opening where the door had been.

Jeez, Mar. That wasn't very subtle. Roll Eyes

What? This was quicker. Didn't you want to waste as little time as possible?

Eden sighed audibly; this was turning out to be a long trip already.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote        
Unlike Eden, Abigail didn't seem to notice the change in temperature too much. Though there was still a chill in her nerves, she seemed quite easily able to ignore it to the point that she didn't believe it to be there. However, the view of the weeds that seemed to wither close to the building and group together like hermits in a slum worried her. It was sad to see such a lovely place ruined by neglect and decay.

What did surprise her though was the sudden strike of her friend's hand. The strength she'd suddenly used to break through the danger sign was commendable and yet worrisome. "We can, but....Let's hope no one saw that just now. Not that anyone really pays attention to this place anymore anyway..."

She didn't wait to take a step inside. For Abigail, adventure wasn't necessarily a boring thing even if it was to view something she didn't believe in. Even as a sound of whaling confusion came through the halls when she walked through the door, she gave the credit not to a ghost but to a draft that must have been created by the breaking boards.

The musk of the inside library was far from discreet. She adjusted the collar of her shirt, feeling her throat constricted by the wretched odor and thick air that she tried to breath. "It's like this place hasn't gotten any fresh air in a decade."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:10 am Reply with quote        
Eden smiled sheepishly at Abby's comment. "Well...yeah, I tend to be a little...overzealous...with things sometimes. Sorry." Sweat

Silently, Eden warned Marius to be a bit calmer and more discreet and continued on into the library. The air was heavy and smelled of damp and decay. It was cold and just generally uncomfortable in here. Without thinking, Eden pulled her jacket a bit tighter around her.

"Well it's probably been about that. How long has this place been abandoned, exactly?" The question was more rhetorical than anything.

She looked around in the dark a moment before grabbing a flashlight out of her pack and switching it on.

"That's better." She caught sight of Abby's face, which looked mildly uncomfortable. "You okay? The air in here isn't bothering you too much or anything, is it?"

((Sorry; been gone for awhile. Got caught up with Christmas and Winter Session school work. Blah. ._.))
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote        
Despite acknowledging the query needed no real answer, Abigail opted to respond anyway to the words- hopefully, some extra chatter might keep her from feeling as enclosed. "The fire was at least fifteen years ago, if I remember what my uncle told me correctly. It was already rarely used for a time before that, but after the fire, it's been nothing but a petri dish for rumors to spread upon."

A simple stretched aided her lungs as she tried to alter her position behind her new friend, keeping in a certain radius and angle from the flashlight's rays. "I'll be fine once I get used to it. I'm not overly allergic to dust and stuff, but I don't do well with heavy air...It just takes me time to adjust my lungs I guess. I come from a weak breath family."

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:12 pm Reply with quote        
Eden nodded vaguely at her friends words and continued walking. Above them, the old roof creaked ominously.

"Ah, well I'm glad you're not too bothered then...."

She continued walking in relative silence for a few moments, and cautiously rounded a corner. As soon as she had turned, there was a huge crash somewhere off to the girls' left. Eden stopped walking and held out a hand, signaling for Abby to stop a moment as well. She made a gesture at Abby, asking her to be quiet and looked around for the source of the noise while silently searching her bag for something.

((Gah. Life and school keep distracting me. ;_; Duh ))
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote        
Alas, the ghost appeared around the corner, having apparently knocked over some sort of bookcase just a room over. White hairs began to spring from the wall as he naturally fell through it, clumsily looking around him as he entered the hall. His eyes were shut, but he seemed to still have them. He wasn't a normal ghost, from what anyone could say if they saw him.

Of course, even with one in front of her, Abigail didn't seem to believe her eyes. The boy was certainly a tad on the transparent side, but she would say it was as if he had little presence perhaps- after all, it was rare for a ghost's full shape to be supposedly definite, right?

He saw the two, and waved a gentle hello. His voice was a bit high, signalling though he looked to be a teenager he'd never gotten to finish puberty properly when he was alive. "Hi there. Are you lost too?"

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote        
Eden jumped a bit as the boy appeared; she had been prepared to meet a ghost this trip, sure, but still the boy had caught her slightly off guard. She stopped searching in her bag and slung it gently back over her shoulder, so as not to scare the boy.

"Hi. We're not really lost, per say, just doing a little exploring, you know? What's your name? I'm Eden and this is my friend Abby." She kept her voice gentle, trying to be encouraging.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote        
"I was sure I'd found other lost people..." The boy mused softly, sighing. Abigail, unaware he was a ghost (and still a bit stuck in her belief that they didn't exist) just watched him as if he was one of those weird kids. "Ah, I'm Guy."

"...You're kidding, right?"

"Nope. My name is Guy. Guy Polter. My parents really named me that." Well, his name was certainly strange enough if a ghost were to have one. Heck, it was almost a pun on ghosts anyway. But, Abigail was willing to accept that.

"I guess I can't tease you when I have a weird name too. I mean, my actual name is Abby Normal."

The boy broke into laughter, causing her to pout. He soon tapped his leg and calmed himself before smiling to the two girls. "What brings you girls here to explore? It's kind of a dump. And really easy to get lost."

"We're looking for a ghost." Abigail said without a thought.

"Wait...There are ghosts here?" He stiffened, shivering slightly. Guy Polter was likely the strangest poltergeist out there, it was soon clear. After all...When did a poltergeist not recognize itself as one, let alone have a fear of ghosts themselves?

Sly
Coordinator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote        
Eden listened to the boy, surprised. A revelation struck her just then: the boy wasn't n all her studies of the supernatural she hadn't come across any cases like this that she could think of.

It's possible, but extremely rare. I've only heard about it happening maybe a dozen times in all my years being...non-living...if that tells you anything. I should warn you to be very careful with this one. Spirit's are most dangerous when they don't know their own power. I advise that you handle this situation...delicately.

Marius answered her unspoken question before she could even call out to him, and despite the obvious irony of his telling her to be delicate, she felt a small shiver crawl up her spine. Flashing a warning look over to Abby, she replied to the boy's question a bit too quickly.

"Haha...no, probably not, Guy. Ghost hunting is just a little game my friend and I like to play. I mean, we've never actually found one yet. It's safe here, I promise." Sweat

She didn't want to lie to Guy, but she had to be delicate after all, and starting the whole thing off by telling the boy that he was, in fact, a ghost didn't seem like a great idea.

Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote        
Abigail didn't quite catch the warning. She did see the distress from the girl before her, but the reasoning didn't quite reach her mind. So, she just relaxed as if it were nothing- because as usual, Abigail Normal saw everything as something only 'norms' could define.

"I usually play it with another friend, so it's fun playing with Eden today," She mused simply. "You've never gone on a ghost hunt? It's not really something to be scared of, Guy. There's no such thing as ghosts." Still on that assumption, she smiled. The boy seemed to calm himself.

"I hope so...Ghosts are really scary." Guy was mostly just glad they hadn't found a ghost yet- that meant there weren't any to try to hurt him while he found his way out, right? Though, something felt off, even to him. However, he couldn't place it. "Well, you said you're not lost. That means you know the way out, right?"

"Yeah. We haven't gone that far from the entryway...But you should probably take a bath when you get home. You've got so much dust in your hair it looks white."

"Oh, it's been like that for a while. Stress, I figure."