Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Goto page 1, 2  Next
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote        
I have a lot of them, but I was wondering if anyone else had any of their own!

One of mine is always wearing odd socks. I hate wearing a pair of socks, and hate my socks being paired up. I always have my socks loose and jumbled up as indivual socks in my sock drawer. I was livid when I found that Mum had been in my room and PAIRED ALL MY SOCKS! WHHHYYYYYYYYY!?!?!?!?

What about you guys? Do you have any little idiosyncasies like I do? Or are they just plain idiosyncrazy?

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:37 pm Reply with quote        
I think everyone has an idiosyncrasy or five. I know I do. Lots in fact! For example...

Never put my food on a plate mixed together. I will NOT eat food if it's mixed unless it's one of those rare occasions I feel like fighting my OCD. But generally, food has to be separate in spots on the plate, and as close to not touching as possible. If it's touching, it freaks me out.

Oh, and I never eat things out of order. Like if I have a meal of meat, beans and bread...I have to eat allll the meat before I move onto another course such as beans, then alll the beans, so on and so forth. It's really hard for me to take a break from eating the meat to eat the beans unless it's one of those time's I'm eating my food mixed (or it comes mixed, which is when I'll accept it: like cans of beef hot dogs and beans mixed together).

I do have non-food-based idiosyncrasies too though. Like...I always drink the liquid before taking my pills. Like I gulp the water in my mouth, lean back and pour the pills into the water in my mouth. I won't put pills directly in my mouth because the taste makes me wanna throw up. Then again pills do that naturally to me I think. Sometimes holding them does it.

Point blank, I'm weird.

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote        
Hey, I'm like that about mixed food too! I'll eat Dad's bolognese or other pasta sauces, but otherwise, DON'T MIX MY FOOD. I'm wierd.

WEREWOLVES!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote        
I don't mind sauce, and sometimes even mixing something into the pasta (like meatballs) is fine. But don't give me spinach and mashed potatoes and mix them for me if that's not how they were originally. I'LL MIX THEM MY OWN WAY IF I WANNA. <- Common family dish.

Mock

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote        
Where do I start?

Okay, one of my many ideosyncrasies are the cat-like noises I make instead of the usual human instinctive sounds. When I'm feeling playful, I will incorporate a purring sound into my speech. When I'm in pain or irritated, I hiss, baring my teeth. If someone or something is really getting on my nerves, I start to growl. (If you ever hear me do that, it's best just to back away slowly.)

I also have this impulsion to organise things. When I turn up to class before everyone else (as is usually the case), I will arrange the chairs in the room so that they're all facing forward, and have plenty of room between them.

And I collect paperclips. Not ones I buy in a shop, just random paperclips I find lying around, usually on the footpath. No-one will miss it, so I pick it up and attach it to the paperclip chain I hang in my room. This chain is now longer than I am (and I'm almost six foot).

So yeah, you could say I'm a rather ideosyncratic person.

WEREWOLVES!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote        
Mock unintentionally reminded me of one of my other quirks:

I have a bit of a height complex (I'm rather short and only 2 inches away from being a legal dwarf) so I naturally walk on my tip toes without realizing it until later. Like seriously, I'll be walking on my toes in a store and notice "hey my feet hurt" and look down and realize why. o.O

And I know that organization impulse, Mock. If I'm in a really bad emotional state, I start turning around any bottle not facing the right way in a store. And even if I'm feeling normal, I have to push all chairs juuust right near the table.

Also, I have a strange obsession with the volume control on things like TVs. I refuse to let it be a number that ends in anything other than 5 or 0. If someone is turning the volume up to 37 in front of me, I will grab that controller and move it down to 35. I will not tolerate anything other than 5 or 0 at the end of volume. End of story >:o

Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote        
Hmmm... I do tend to eat skittles in a certain order, so they have to be in a bowl otherwise I just wont eat them until they are.

I bounce my leg a lot. Mum keeps telling me to stop but it DAMN WELL BOUNCES ITSELF.

I make a clicking noise in my mouth whenever I'm thinking or irritated.

When I go downstairs and turn to go through a doorway, I kinda spin around rather than turning like a normal person.. Kinda hard to describe, brb diagram. Theeere we go

I walk around on tip-toe a lot.

I clean my glasses just about all the time.

When I get really annoyed I tend to not so much swear like a nutter as use longer words.

Whenever I see Peter Andre I want to stab him. That one probably doesn't count...

I doodle loads. If I ever have a pen/pencil and paper in front of me, I WILL doodle on it, even if I'm meant to be taking notes or something.

Can't think of any others at the moment, quite sleepy.. I feel like some people here would hate being around me lol 'cos I have no problem with foods mixed together and my room is kiiinda disorganized. Not really messy, just.. kinda.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Juneberry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote        
Your room is probably cleaner than mine. I'm more picky with anyplace but my own room. Which is more like a storage shed. Just saying. :/

And lol I bounce my leg all the time too- if I'm not, it's because I'm cross legged- which, against doctor's orders, is a lot. I don't like sitting normal because my feet usually can't touch the ground in chairs, so it feels uncomfortable just dangling there. Though it's great for one of my physical therapy exercises.

And lol, your spinning thing is a lot like my habit of walking in circles in the kitchen when I'm on the phone. I mean, if I pick up the phone in one room, I will pick up, start talking, and literally walk to my kitchen and start walking in circles on auto-pilot. Though, my kitchen is small now...So I basically just walk from one end to the other and keep going.

Also, someone help me learn to stop biting my lip. I am always biting my lip. I literally just realized it again. I can't seem to stop it. My mouth has to be biting or moving for me to stay sane, I swear. >w<

Oh and Pikmin, doodling is actually good for you. If you doodle while listening to something, it can still help you remember things. Sometimes better. So don't stop >Happy Also...What kinds of long words do you use? One of these days you should try using hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia on someone. That'll give them the word itself. xD

Saxum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry wrote:
Mock unintentionally reminded me of one of my other quirks:

I have a bit of a height complex (I'm rather short and only 2 inches away from being a legal dwarf) so I naturally walk on my tip toes without realizing it until later. Like seriously, I'll be walking on my toes in a store and notice "hey my feet hurt" and look down and realize why. o.O

Also, I have a strange obsession with the volume control on things like TVs. I refuse to let it be a number that ends in anything other than 5 or 0. If someone is turning the volume up to 37 in front of me, I will grab that controller and move it down to 35. I will not tolerate anything other than 5 or 0 at the end of volume. End of story >:o

Pikmin wrote:
I make a clicking noise in my mouth whenever I'm thinking or irritated.

When I go downstairs and turn to go through a doorway, I kinda spin around rather than turning like a normal person.. Kinda hard to describe, brb diagram. Theeere we go

I walk around on tip-toe a lot.

Wait, there are others who click, spin around corners, and are fussy with numbers? I thought I was the only one! With me, I prefer the volume to be a multiple of three (I like multiples of three, especially multiples of twelve). When I click, it's usually because I can't articulate what I'm trying to say fast enough, so I communicate through sounds. My words are slow like that. :/ And I do the exact same spin around doorways! Not all the time, but often enough for me to notice.

When I was really young, I used to walk on my toes A LOT. It became a habit, so when I started growing, my Achilles' tendons didn't grow with me. I had to have this big expensive operation to lengthen them. I was in a wheelchair all summer-- that was fun Smile

So yeah, careful with that toe-walking thing.

WEREWOLVES!
Pikmin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:57 pm Reply with quote        
Not sure I ever remembered anything from college.. But I was very proud of a picture of a squirrel with a gun.
OMG WE CAN SPIN TOGETHER \o/ You can have the kitchen and I'll spin in the doorway.
I sit cross legged a lot too, to the point where the side of one of my legs has a callus. If I don't though the leg bounces and annoys me.

I don't bite my lip though.... I BITE OTHER PEOPLE.
Erm...

It's kinda difficult to come up with an angry Pikmin sentence when I'm not angry, so I'll try and think of someone I hate...

Bloody Noel Edmonds and his idiosyncratic ways of making a joke about anything feasible, when really he's just trying to ensconce the fact that he has no discernible personality to speak of, and goodness knows his humour is so bad, it's oxymoronically laughable. His use-by date has long since expired and he should retire to the dingy back shelves of existance, never to be educed again.

I guess it's not so much long words as pointlessly convoluted words.

tl;dr - I really f***ing hate Noel Edmonds.

EDIT: The Achilles tendon thing is actually already a problem for me 'cos I've been doing it for so long. Whenever I go out for a long walk now, or up a hill, it really really hurts 'cos it's not long enough and it causes me to walk kinda wrong.
I swear no one else believes me though so I'm damn glad you said that.

JOLLY COOPERATION!
Saxum

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
Juneberry wrote:
Also...What kinds of long words do you use? One of these days you should try using hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia on someone. That'll give them the word itself. xD

Might I suggest "pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis"? It's the longest word in the English language. If you want a long word from another language, try this Māori name of a hill in New Zealand: "Tetaumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu". Not the longest word in the world, but definitely in the top three.

WEREWOLVES!
KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote        
Some of these idiosyncrasies are hilarious! And totally awesome.

I think I have another few.

I'm always tapping my foot to some beat in my head and I just can't stop. Even if there's not an actual song in there!...Which there usually is.

Dad and I have to be walking around when we're on the phone. I have no idea why, I just can't sit still when talking over the phone. It's bizarre.

WEREWOLVES!
Whitewitch

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:02 pm Reply with quote        
I don't just doodle - I tend to draw knives! If I'm on the phone, the size of the knife, whether or not there is blood dripping from it, and how big the pool of blood under the tip is, all depend on how I feel about the conversation and the person on the other end of the phone...

I do have a thing about numbers, 0 and 5. If someone else is driving a car I'm in, I tend to go to sleep so I can avoid telling them what they're doing wrong. I can't just sit and watch TV, I have to be doing something with my hands (sewing, crochet, whatever.) And sometimes it takes me a while to get a sentence out because I can't think of the words I want to use. It's so much easier when you're typing than when you're talking!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote        
Pikmin wrote:
I don't bite my lip though.... I BITE OTHER PEOPLE.
Shocked *runs away*

Whitewitch wrote:
I don't just doodle - I tend to draw knives! If I'm on the phone, the size of the knife, whether or not there is blood dripping from it, and how big the pool of blood under the tip is, all depend on how I feel about the conversation and the person on the other end of the phone...
I'm fairly sure I have an idea of who gets an enormous sword that's overdrawn at the blood bank...

WEREWOLVES!
fickle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 pm Reply with quote        
i don't know lol, i'll start typing and see what happens. maybe some of these will be considered odd.

i can't sleep without my stuffed vegetable plush, carrot. butter me 42 carrot. any number, sometimes its 12, 24, etc. i have a smaller one too i don't sleep with, his name is karen.

i don't care to match my socks, i don't have a dislike for matching socks, i just don't think twice about it. it's cool being colorful lol.

i spray apple cider vinegar on myself in the shower after exfoliating, let it sit for a couple minutes. makes my skin soft, i like it, i wish i werent me so i could touch myself. >w<

i walk on my tip toes too haha. i don't like high heels but i especially like looking at my feet when i do this.

i hum in the shower. might not be very odd lol. i'm starting not to care if i'm heard. i try to be considerate of our neighbors. don't wanna be obnoxious.

i don't like capital letters.

i don't eat pizza crust. it's just chewey bread, i don't see the point.

june, i used to have the habit of biting my lips, and the inside of my mouth. what helped me is that every time i realized i was, i stopped, and if i didnt want to stop, i stopped anyways. sometimes it helped to say out loud "i'm stopping." i kept doing that. it's pretty easy, once you make it a habit to notice, it becomes second nature to notice and stop. also take note of when youre doing it, i did it a lot when i was thinking, and when my lips were dry. if youre also doing it cos your lips are dry and flakey, what helped me is before bed after brushing my teeth, i'd put on moisturizer, and i dont mean things like carmex, nivia, or things like that cos it doesnt work. it was a complete waste of my money. i like plain shea butter, coconut oil, or coco butter. i use those eos eggs now, it's easier than grabbing a piece of coco butter. i have it on the dresser in my room so i can put it on before bed. i like applying it before bed because during the day, it's like giving myself another reason to lick and bite my lips lol, then theyd stay dry and flakey! lol, i didnt wanna make it harder on myself. i think i got it under control now. i wouldnt go heavy. also lip scrubs! LIP SCRUBS! you can probably do this now, all it is is 1tsp kosher salt, or any salt, kosher salt is grittier though, and a little olive oil. you might not want to do this if your lips are cracked. most people use white sugar instead of salt, i think youd prefer the salt more cos it might go in your mouth. scrub scrub scrub until the flakes are gone. wash it off with a cotton round, warmest water you can tolerate. it was the worst. my lips were always red and flakey, it looked bad, i'm glad i stopped.