Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / City Hall
Juneberry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote        
I hope my weird use of apostrophes wasn't too bad...

Ahem! Attention one and all! It is officially a blizzard watch in the Northeastern part of the United States. I repeat, the blizzard Hercules is expected to hit the Northeast. Are you in the tri-state area or near it? You may be in danger of white outs and high winds. Mostly high winds.

So...For those of you safe from the coming storm...How do storms make you feel? And how's the weather by you? I personally am picky with storms. I don't like the loud ones. But do you? And do you plan to deal with one soon too?

Jandi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 pm Reply with quote        
I'm so excited. LET IT SNOW! I'll be so angry if we end up getting nothing. Or very little. We've hardly had snow in Delaware for years now! I wish we'd get a blizzard or something already... I grew up in the cold and snow, I miss it!

hueheuhue.
shot/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote        
Your storm was all over the news this morning! Flight delays, school closures, etc.

I'm jealous. I love snow storms. My area doesn't actually function that well with now and ice on the ground because it's so hilly, but snow comes too infrequently to complain about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote        
i like loud ones when theres someone to cuddle with. i can pretend to be scared, it's a great excuse!
i think the sounds are neat, the sound of the leaves in high winds, the pings of rain drops against the windows, wooshie wind noises, and the cracking thunder makes before the bigger boom. even though it's shocking i think all of the sounds are cool. i don't like rain without that. snow storms are beautiful, sometimes it's shines like glitter.
it's been snowing here past few days, not very big for the most part, it was heavy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote        
I'm with Fickle on this one. I like a good hard thunderstorm. The energy in the air, the wind whistling through the trees. All the animals excited and energetic. The rain against the window. The thunder vibrating through your very skin and bones. And most of all as the person who digs out our house every winter, there is no snow to shovel afterwards!

Keep in mind, I like storms MUCH better when I am safely inside and they are outside.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote        
Well I do like that we're not in charge of our grounds anymore, but I feel bad for anyone that has their cars on the roads today. Which is a lot of people.

But I actually AM scared of thunder and loud noises. So I don't have to hide. I just have to cry to my dad because I'm a lonely little girl at the moment.

Oh, but weather news can be entertaining. Just found out about the Long Island Expressway, and they kept calling it the l.i.e. xD

KathiraNarae

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote        
Thunderstorms are completely awesome, in my opinion. Mum doesn't lik 'em, but I love 'em to bits! Unless I'm trying to get to sleep. Then the thunder is annoying as hell.

Blizzards are evil, since I'm our house's snow shoveler. I used to like snow, because I lived in eastern England, where snow was rare. But here in the mountains of British Columbia, we get snow. We get a LOT of snow. And it's so common in winter that I am fed up with it. A radical change that originally started in England when I had to walk to school in the snow, but really flipped after the move. SNOW BAD, SNOW BAD.

Be a villager in a mob as you try to defend your home from
WEREWOLVES!
Which I'm good at spotting, apparently...
CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:31 am Reply with quote        
I live in California. It doesn't really storm here much. -__-

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote        
I forget where you live Kathira, but if you live even close to my area, I feel bad then. Because the snow has really piled up. I think the street still looks white even though they plowed so much xD

Copper, you can still get storms in California >:c I lived there once when I was in middle school, and let me tell you, it is NOT Sunny over in silicon valley during December or January. It's all rain, rain, rain rain! >w<

CopperSpiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:14 pm Reply with quote        
I did live in a place for about a year where it snows, that was pretty fun. The rainstorms you're thinking of haven't hit California in about a decade. The last big one I remember was when I was about 14, and we've been in a drought ever since.

It's not looking to change any time soon either. California is leaving what has been a hundred year flood pattern. To call it a 'drought' is misleading, this state is traditionally high desert, low desert, and semi-arid grasslands, and it is transitioning back to normal levels of rainfall for this area. Far from the lush and green farmland that people tend to think of it as.

The Clonery: Come join the mimicry fun!

PlumBerry is my mule.
Juneberry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote        
Oh my. So basically I was there for the last major rainy season? Because I lived there when I was 13- which was just a year or two under a decade ago. >w<

Either way, it was weird going from a major snowstorm to a heavy rain by plane in less than a day.

Weather is really neat though because of how much it varies from one place to another, and temperature is an interesting factor too. Our weatherman said it was about 15 degrees today, but our outdoor thermometer said almost ten degrees more just because it was so close to the snow during a sunny point of the day, so it was getting reflective heat o.o;

And yes, we got sun today Happy

Jandi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote        
Meh. Snow was so cool last night... Didn't get TOO much of it though... /sadness.