Midorea V3 Development Merch | Search | Memberlist | Vault | The Forge | Battle! | Temple

Goody Shop Reward

Log-In   Not a member? Register Now! 
Midorea Forum Index / Writing Chat
Chu
Assistant Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote        
Nothing makes me giddy like a good essay. I have to read Orwell's Politics and the English language for a class, and I feel right at home reading one of his essays again. I really love reading Orwell's work. I don't have to agree with it all the time... it's just nice to read.

I also like David Sedaris. Yeah, that's totally different from Orwell. Sedaris is just funny.

Read any good essays lately?

Apodyopsis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote        
Oh rats. When I read the title of the thread, I was completely ready to offer up Sedaris as a suggestion, but it looks like you've already found him.

Sadly, I don't read a lot of essays or memoirs, but I find myself enjoying them depending. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
noirist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote        
I absolutely adore David Sedaris. Actually I just recently bought some tickets to see him at his book tour in Brighton, UK next year. My bf is coming with me and I can't wait to aquaintance him with Sedaris' work. Smile

I enjoy Carl Hiaasen's fiction but I found out he is also an essayist so I am hoping to come across a few of his essay books in the future...

I have not read any other essayists so maybe someone could reccommend some authors to me? Smile